Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arise Sir Maximilian, England international

mr_j_007

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Maidenhead Maldini.
I went to go a watch United against boro as a guest of a friend, and I watch maguire closely. When comparing the performances it was startling how much further ahead Max is in current performance levels, of both maguire and varane. Both took easy simple distribution choices with little variety, neither (I think varane once) brought the ball out, and defensively (granted a different shape) were not as positionally good. That tells you the level the lad is at.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be the first duo international for England (In case you didn't know he played Futsal for England :D) ..
That will be a quiz question on radio soon..

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s pure class. Absolutely brilliant.

Not only should he be in the England squad but he should be starting.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just imagine if Kilman was at Manure the MSM would have got him into the England side months ago. As it always has been when you play for an unfashionable side you have to be so much better. Wagstaffe Richards and Hibbitt all had the same problem with the London sports writers picking the England team. As much as it would be nice for Kilman to get in the England side doing it for us is what really counts.
Just imagine the jizz-fest if he played for West Ham

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been saying how good he he came here. Nuno was reluctant to play him, but I could never understand why. He will be linked with top teams from this season onwards. Let's see if we get the benefit of the premium prices that English players seem to have e.g. Harry Maguire. No doubt he'll be linked for peanuts though, just like all of our top players.

Stee

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good yet again today, would be thrilled to see him get a call up.

kentish wolf

Reaction score
Max is one hell of a prospect,
Imo far better than mings or maguire.
He is one of the main reasons that our defence is so mean.
Unfortunately it won't have gone unnoticed by the vultures , so enjoy the ride while it lasts because this lad is absolute quality.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly below par against Arsenal considering the high standards he set.

Then puts in an incredible performance. I was actually wondering is Son was injured or something because I'd not seen him pocketed like that before.

Terrific.
Just me or is Son not the same player at the moment? Or Kane?
Serious issues at that club.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman cannot be overlooked any further him and Coady together make it look so easy awesome performance today

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a great game & deserves a call up but Coady deserves praise as well, organised the back line as well as any centre back/ captain in the PL
Absolutely.
And he looks like a bloody nice bloke to me…!

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Max is one hell of a prospect,
Imo far better than mings or maguire.
He is one of the main reasons that our defence is so mean.
Unfortunately it won't have gone unnoticed by the vultures , so enjoy the ride while it lasts because this lad is absolute quality.
No longer a prospect. Core part of 2nd best defence in the league.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What I love is how he just gets on with it, no dramas, does his job superbly. Good in the tackle, getting better in the air, and one of the most steady and composed English centrebacks in the league with the ball at his feet.

He's also one of the main reasons Semedo has had such a much better season, he's got a beast behind him and his confidence in going forward knowing Max is behind him really has grown.

Autistic Kangaroo

Reaction score
I think he’s that good he will be in an England XI when win a trophy (with the current plethora of talent I think this is more than feasible)

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only thing holding him back is him not playing in a back 4 imo. Once he’s proven he’s capable he will be well sought after

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He lost too many headers last season, often getting sucked under the ball (Man U away springs to mind). But he's completely cut that out this season and looks as complete as I can remember any Wolves player doing.

Don't think we can underestimate the importance of Coady on our other defenders.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His calmness playing the ball out is what astounds me, so assured that he is going to keep the ball, not lose it and even if he does will recover. Amazing.

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was about to suggest he's the best English CB in the league at the moment, but there's probably not many playing better than him of any nationality.

Ruben Diaz? VVD? Already running out of names of those who are playing as well as him.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know he probably already has a thread, but I dont care.
Absolutely outstanding today.
If he continues as this level, or improves, he is one of the best in the league.
Has to be above Mings and the like for England.
Awesome performance
You need to correct the thread title. Should be 'Arise Sir Maximilian...' Knights of the realm go by their first name!

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Same as JdW's photo above, and I just love his beautiful balance of bullish power and balletic elegance

1644797955136.png

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Superb. Brilliant attitude - never moans, throws his arms, moans .. just gets on with it. His ONLY problem will be if he allows himself to become a bit arrogant & then casual. This has happened to Maguire & Mings, both of whom started to believe the hype & thought they were better than they are. Keep humble, Max, and the world will be your lobster !

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Commentators saying, "I'm not going to mention that Max Kilman used to play Futsal" is the new, "Max Kilman used to play Futsal".

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Superb. Brilliant attitude - never moans, throws his arms, moans .. just gets on with it. His ONLY problem will be if he allows himself to become a bit arrogant & then casual. This has happened to Maguire & Mings, both of whom started to believe the hype & thought they were better than they are. Keep humble, Max, and the world will be your lobster !

I'm more impressed by "The world will be his Lobster" I always thought it was Oyster but I prefer Lobster

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Max has moved into the Daily Mail's EPL Power Rankings Top 10 for the first time. No longer under the radar!

Screenshot_20220214-193539_copy_551x1014.png
Screenshot_20220214-193607.png

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"He's doing well, but a lot of players are playing well and we just felt Phil after all his injuries brings a know how and determination to the side that we've really missed, and we'll really need with these two massive friendlies against Sealand and The Faroe Islands, who shouldn't be underestimated"

Back
Top Bottom