Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Are we tin pot?

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
I'm becoming increasingly worried about our club. I'm constantly reading things like wrong scarves sent out with season tickets, no scarves with season tickets, apparent little or no investment in team, owners seemingly only interested in the brand, the website can't even list a current squad....I could go on.
Do other clubs have these issues? Just interested in people's thoughts.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wait, you're saying there's been a lack of investment in the team? WHY HAS NO-ONE MENTIONED THIS BEFORE NOW?

Also, you'd probably have got a much better response to this thread if you posted it before we dropped £27m on an exciting player, with more looking like they're coming.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t call us tinpot, but I do think we’ve been lacking in direction the last couple of years.

I’m not sure exactly what we’re trying to achieve any more. The poor communication from the club doesn’t help of course, but even when we seemed to be going somewhere, that wasn’t a highlight.

Feels like the board could do with freshening up, I think then you’d see more focus across the clubs departments.

D

Deleted member 13084sr

Supporting a local non league side is the complete opposite of tinpot. Tinpot is copying songs off Liverpool everytime we sign a new player.
Wolves are still known as a propa club though when you speak to people round the country

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are an extremely professionally run club.

I fully admit I have a tendency to go nuclear over lack of signings and I had my customary pre-season meltdown and then we signed Guedes lol.

But even the signings thing, really is just testament to how tightly run we are. Jeff won’t bankrupt us to chase ‘names’.

I was lucky enough to attend open training at Compton the other week. I already posted elsewhere about it, so won’t regurgitate everything… suffice to say I was blown away by how professional we are and how amazing the facilities and coaching were.

We’re a lot of things, frustratingly fiscally conservative possibly, but tin pot we are not.
We’re a 5 season established Premier League club with amazing facilities and a team stacked with international talent that recently made the QF in Europe & the FA Cup semis.

We’re not tinpot WE ARE WOLVES!

1660289869468.jpeg

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
fishing-rod-snap.gif

1/10 and I'm being very generous.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are a brilliant club with the greatest supporters and I pride myself on being one for over 60 years. Throughout that time we have had massive changes in fortune and a roller coaster of emotions but the people who love the club have always been there, they are the heart of the club, real support whatever the changes experienced.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm becoming increasingly worried about our club. I'm constantly reading things like wrong scarves sent out with season tickets, no scarves with season tickets, apparent little or no investment in team, owners seemingly only interested in the brand, the website can't even list a current squad....I could go on.
£57m and counting so far.

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a tin pot question .

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our great club is in no way ‘tin pot’!

West Ham are charging (or look like charging) £7.50 for a pint, £4.50 for a bottle of Coke and £2.50 for a packet of crisps. Tin pot respect of the fans. Oh, they are charging £70 for the first team shirt as well.

Manure are a tin pot club, not us.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before you get any more 'worried', might I suggest you take a look at the teams in the leagues below us, look at the players we have at our disposal, then consider what we have achieved in the last 5 years - and then think again.

Try and enjoy what we have now and be grateful for what we have as it could be an awful lot worse and there are some big names struggling to survive in the leagues below us - that could have been us!

And you're worried about scarves?

Just saying......

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our great club is in no way ‘tin pot’!

West Ham are charging (or look like charging) £7.50 for a pint, £4.50 for a bottle of Coke and £2.50 for a packet of crisps. Tin pot respect of the fans. Oh, they are charging £70 for the first team shirt as well.

Manure are a tin pot club, not us.
Apologies for the source and l hate to be fair to West Ham but....

Back
Top Bottom