Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Are we.....the bad guys?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly tongue in cheek title, but I've noticed a whole lot of ****housery from Wolves this season. Jota used to throw himself on the floor with aplomb, but it looks like we have evolved into a bit of a playacty team even without his influence.

Don't get me wrong - I don't care (too much). I just notice - more so than ever before - that our players are very very happy to go down at the faintest prod.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

It’s a valid point for discussion. The BBC commentary even said ‘Here we go” when Marcal tried it.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Personally I hate it from opponents and I cringe when we do it but it works and that’s why it’s become part of the game.

Puregold

Reaction score
Every club, player does it in some form, don’t like it, but some teams don’t seem to get the bad publicity like maybe the top 6!!! for instance.

Pep’s rant about Wolves on Saturday, for a so called top coach was embarrassing, he should know more than most why we played like we did, which to be honest was an outstanding defensive display that deserved a point, which without that awful VAR decision we would have got.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every club, player does it in some form, don’t like it, but some teams don’t seem to get the bad publicity like maybe the top 6!!! for instance.

Pep’s rant about Wolves on Saturday, for a so called top coach was embarrassing, he should know more than most why we played like we did, which to be honest was an outstanding defensive display that deserved a point, which without that awful VAR decision we would have got.

Pep's rant was ****housery of the highest order! He knows the game better than to believe anything he said. He wants to win and will say any old rubbish to get opponents to play how he wants them to play. Brilliant that the Leeds 7-0 match followed so closely as that tells you all you need to know!

I think the game has become nastier anyway. It's not just us. Every match has frustrating incidents of diving, play acting, feigning injury. Another big minus for VAR as it has done nothing to address it, nothing at all. The irony being that if you could take out the incessant cheating, you wouldn't need VAR in the first place. They really need to up their game on post-match reviews to punish those who are currently getting away with it. Even worse, they are being enabled by the commentators. There were several dives tonight, Podence did a blatant one, each one given and in every case the commentators going "definitaly a foul" when the replay is showing no contact at all.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pep's rant was ****housery of the highest order! He knows the game better than to believe anything he said. He wants to win and will say any old rubbish to get opponents to play how he wants them to play. Brilliant that the Leeds 7-0 match followed so closely as that tells you all you need to know!

I think the game has become nastier anyway. It's not just us. Every match has frustrating incidents of diving, play acting, feigning injury. Another big minus for VAR as it has done nothing to address it, nothing at all. The irony being that if you could take out the incessant cheating, you wouldn't need VAR in the first place. They really need to up their game on post-match reviews to punish those who are currently getting away with it. Even worse, they are being enabled by the commentators. There were several dives tonight, Podence did a blatant one, each one given and in every case the commentators going "definitaly a foul" when the replay is showing no contact at all.
Pep is a brilliant manager but a complete *******

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The referees are so easily influenced is the problem. How the hell they cant see players are taking advantage of them is beyond belief. Like the rudiger penalty against Leeds, this is an aggressive centre half who was fighting at the end of the match, how do the refs not see past this so called warrior flopping over in the penalty box when he has nothing to lose and everything to gain. Its a joke. The refs just buy absolutely everything these days its crazy.
Rant over... Sorry to answer the question, everybody else is doing it so why dont we, im past the point of integrity because there isnt any left in this soulless league. We'll be the first to be called on it mind you because the top 6 been flopping over and crowding refs for years but as soon as a lesser club does it its anti football and shameful.
Just watch, salah, kane, sterling, fernandes are all the biggest playacters but now its a nonmedia favourite there will be an agenda

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s a fine line between playing the game and being ****houses. Feel we’ve crossed it since the Brentford game, but what can you do.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s about time. We’ve been far too nice in recent years and let teams do it against us. Noticeable change since Brentford.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No doubt we learnt from the Brentford game and why not so long as we don't take it to extremes.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't think we were that bad tonight aside from Marcal.

We have been, without doubt, although since Brentford as mentioned above.

Didn't do much wrong tonight though, game was just stop start because of that **** with the ref. Marcal was embarrassing holding his head from a flick though. Should cut it out.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I didn't think we were that bad tonight aside from Marcal.

We have been, without doubt, although since Brentford as mentioned above.

Didn't do much wrong tonight though, game was just stop start because of that **** with the ref. Marcal was embarrassing holding his head from a flick though. Should cut it out.
Podence did two ridiculous dives

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s a fine line between playing the game and being ****houses. Feel we’ve crossed it since the Brentford game, but what can you do.
Agreed. Sat close to the pitch today I had a much better view than normal and it was cringey at times. Yes we’ve been done by others for years in the PL, but it’s not much fun watching your own team doing it.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You dont win points for style, despite the nonsense Pep spouted.

Personally I am against it time-wasting and (especially) diving, but if its gets us more wins I am cool with it.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s true we got absolutely nothing by being nice guys. However, I’m still waiting for a penalty this season and VAR to balance itself out…

So as things stand, we’re just being ********s, still with nothing to show for it, and it’s horrible to see.

R

reanswolf

Agree, we need to cut it out.
I used to think Saiss was bad for it, but now we have Ait Nouri, Chan, Podence and Marcal who master the art of exaggeration.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate that diving culture in any side but especially Wolves.

I dare say that Buckley, Cullis, Wright etc, the people who gave this club its outstanding reputation in the game, would not be impressed with the decline in standards that label us now as cheats.

I’d rather lose a game than win it with a dive!

Stingray II

Reaction score
We are bad. Our players cheat and time-waste. I hate it. Falling down clutching their face when a shoulder was lightly brushed. Being injured off the pitch, and sneaking back on to waste time!!! In recent games, I think it has gotten worse. We certainly can't complain of other teams/players for doing this.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I dare say that Buckley, Cullis, Wright etc, the people who gave this club its outstanding reputation in the game, would not be impressed with the decline in standards that label us now as cheats.

This in spades. For some reason diving and feigning injury seems acceptable nowadays. Personally I call it cheating, whichever player does it. The fact that Wolves have descended to these tactics is sad, but it seems it has to be done in the Premier League. But while the authorities allow it to continue unchecked we will see more of these tactics from every team. Call me old fashioned or naive, but I don't like to see Wolves players acting in this way.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
D

Didn’t we beat Honved by watering the pitch until it was a quagmire? And make up a load of crap about monkey glands.
Everyone in top level sport is looking for an edge.

Last edited:

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Making the most of contact to break up the game and stop the opposition from getting into their rhythm has been part of the game for a long time. It's a tool but it should not become a dominant feature in my view.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Thought he got fouled in the corner and ref was ready to blow until at last minute he changed mind!

Don’t remember other but wouldn’t surprise me as he does dive. On the whole though felt Marcal was only one really excessive
Ref was giving them a free kick for diving but played advantage i think

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Hate it, the fact that lots of teams do it is no excuse. Not the worst at time wasting, but I think we are amongst the worst for feigning injury, embarrassing.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Making the most of contact to break up the game and stop the opposition from getting into their rhythm has been part of the game for a long time. It's a tool but it should not become a dominant feature in my view.
The way City were fouling Traore at every opportunity on Saturday was as cynical as I’ve ever seen, even more so than Spurs a few years ago.

The way it’s going it’ll get like American football, interrupted play just waiting for the one key moment.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's definitely crept in this season and I don't like it one bit

Be nice if we could spend the wasted time actually trying to score goals and give the fans some entertainment.

Lofty dreams I know

Back
Top Bottom