Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Any news on Ruben?

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed on your last point!

Saiss hasn’t been the same player since he came back from African Cup of Nations.

It’s time for

Boly Cody Kilman

Or even

Boly Kilman
Boly was as awful as Saiss against Leeds and his panicky clearances and poor passing placed us under undue pressure. Id rather see Toti back.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Corrr, bit of a wounder if that cameo vs Leeds is the last time we'll see him in a Wolves shirt.

Half in jest ;)

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Surely if it was serious they would have released that news by now?
You might be right, but I was thinking the opposite. If it wasn't serious they would probably have said something by now. Maybe telling everyone who needs to know, getting the full facts and possible length of time out before announcing. Hope you're right and I'm wrong. I did hear he was seen at the airport, flying to Portugal with a knee brace on and crutches, but that might have been social media BS.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boly was as awful as Saiss against Leeds and his panicky clearances and poor passing placed us under undue pressure. Id rather see Toti back.
Not how I saw it. He passed long, and generally forwards, and generally accurately. He was the pick of the defence for me (not a high bar, admittedly). Saiss on the other hand was truly abysmal.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If nuno had played him more maybe Jeff would have pulled the trigger
The thing with Vitinha, thought we had made a mistake to let him go, until checking a web site that ranks the European Leagues and all clubs in it. On seeing that the matches Vitinha exelled in recently were against teams on a par with Birmingham City... then remembering that his best match for us was against Albion and he was also decent against mighty Chorley. Yet against even mid-table Premier League teams..virtually non-existant.

These players who have outstanding matches then "nothing" matches, often it's not just random. They are playing well against the weaker teams. Trincao tormenting Leeds defence - the worst in the league, perhaps another example. The top 12 or 14 in the Premier League are all strong teams, good enough to compete with the best in the world. That is the level they need to be able to excel at , not Albion or Arouca.

Not that Vitinha may not turn out a superstar - I would like to have kept him. But hey, we can't keep every single player for ever! Just something to keep in mind, the level of opposition. When they look good against the likes of Liverpool (as Neto and Kilman did very early in their careers) that's way more significant.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
It is weird that we haven't heard a pip about Neves. Andros Townsend got injured for Palace on Sunday and they announced he was out for the season on Monday. Absolutely nothing at all about Ruben, not even a mention from Spiers or Liam Keen at the Express and Star. The only thing they have said is that he has been replaced in the Portugal squad. Normally when they don't say anything at all, it means they know something but they can't say. Almost as if there's some sort of blackout on the news. I hope it is just because there is no news and they are still assessing him, but I don't think it looks good.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In this instance I think no news is bad news. If he was fine there would be no reason not to say. Hopefully I am completely wrong.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, fear the worst as well.

Had the perfect chance to say he's out of the Portugal squad but not too serious or something like that. Still vague but at least an update of sorts.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Yeah, fear the worst as well.

Had the perfect chance to say he's out of the Portugal squad but not too serious or something like that. Still vague but at least an update of sorts.
Also the fact that he was immediately ruled out of the Portuguese squad. That means there was absolutely no ambiguity about it

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing with Vitinha, thought we had made a mistake to let him go, until checking a web site that ranks the European Leagues and all clubs in it. On seeing that the matches Vitinha exelled in recently were against teams on a par with Birmingham City... then remembering that his best match for us was against Albion and he was also decent against mighty Chorley. Yet against even mid-table Premier League teams..virtually non-existant.

These players who have outstanding matches then "nothing" matches, often it's not just random. They are playing well against the weaker teams. Trincao tormenting Leeds defence - the worst in the league, perhaps another example. The top 12 or 14 in the Premier League are all strong teams, good enough to compete with the best in the world. That is the level they need to be able to excel at , not Albion or Arouca.

Not that Vitinha may not turn out a superstar - I would like to have kept him. But hey, we can't keep every single player for ever! Just something to keep in mind, the level of opposition. When they look good against the likes of Liverpool (as Neto and Kilman did very early in their careers) that's way more significant.
The Chorley centre back finished a 12 hour night shift in a factory and 2 hour walk home as his old knacker car was broken and still had Fabio in his pocket.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully is fit for the season, be a really subdued end to his time here if it was to end without another appearance.

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did actually play well against Leeds without him (up until you know what), but he is going to be a massive miss.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We might get to hold onto him for one more season on the back of this!

Back
Top Bottom