Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Andy Lochhead

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sure that people of my generation will remember seeing Andy Lochhead play. He was what we called a proper centre forward, as hard as nails and gave as much as he took. I remember him as one of the finest headers of a ball I have ever seen. He could head the ball as far as some players could kick it!! Andy played most of his career at Burnley and Aston Villa, though I think it is fair to say it was his time at Turf Moor for which he is best remembered. He played over 200 games for Burnley in 1970's, scoring more than 100 goals. He is rightly regarded by their supporters as a Burnley legend.

Sadly Andy Lochhead passed away today aged 81.

R.I.P.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sure that people of my generation will remember seeing Andy Lochhead play. He was what we called a proper centre forward, as hard as nails and gave as much as he took. I remember him as one of the finest headers of a ball I have ever seen. He could head the ball as far as some players could kick it!! Andy played most of his career at Burnley and Aston Villa, though I think it is fair to say it was his time at Turf Moor for which he is best remembered. He played over 200 games for Burnley in 1970's, scoring more than 100 goals. He is rightly regarded by their supporters as a Burnley legend.

Sadly Andy Lochhead passed away today aged 81.

R.I.P.

Well said Frank.

RIP Andy Lochhead.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Andy Lochead was the kind of player that made football so exciting in the old days. Every team seemed to have a swashbuckling centre forward. We had 'The Doog'.
RIP Andy

Back
Top Bottom