Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Amusing Funeral Songs....

D

dazmanwolf

I recently went to a friends funeral and he wanted everyone to laugh so he requested a few songs to be played at the Crematorium.

He wanted to put the Fun in the word Funeral. He palyed...

Usher - Hot In Herre & Arrow - Hot, Hot Hot! :D

...as the coffin was lowered.

Can you think of any funny or tongue in cheek songs you'd like playing at your funeral.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A friend of my wife had ‘Insomnia’ by Faithless played at her cremation when the coffin was taken away.

W

wolvesman

Fire by Arthur Brown has surely been used by someone with a sense of humour :eek:

P

PeteWolf

U Can't Touch This - MC Hammer

accompanied by a 'No Necrophiliacs' sign.

JAIRDUCOCHET

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They don't play music when the coffin is lowered into the ground as it is outside and away from the Church. Music is played in the Crematorium prior to going through the curtaain and off to......

oldun

Reaction score
One actually played at a funeral attended by a friend of mine: 'Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye.'

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think I'd quite like the Imperial March from Star Wars, might use it for when I get married too.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am the resurrection - Roses
switching off - Elbow
are you ready to be heartbroken? - Lloyd Cole

V

Vio Ganea

I'm still standing - Elton John

See You Later Alligater - Bill Haley and The Comets

Keep Yourself Alive - Queen

L

Langdale Wolf

See You Later Alligater - Bill Haley and The Comets

That happens in the very first episode of Red Dwarf during the funeral of one of the crew who is later brought back as a hologram. I always swore I would request that at my funeral. Classic.

How about Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead?

P

PabloWolfo

They don't play music when the coffin is lowered into the ground as it is outside and away from the Church. Music is played in the Crematorium prior to going through the curtaain and off to......

And your point is what?

Personally they can play my leaving song from wherever the $$$$ they want, I won't be around to give two $$$$s.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
A friend of mine is the Superintendent for Burials at a local authority in the Midlands. A few years ago he had a request from a family to play their own music in the Crematorium. He explained that the family would have to provide the recorder and also be responsible to edit it to the right track. The day duly arrived and the sombre track was lined up and subsequently played. However,before the family member could get to the recorder to turn it off,the next track started which unfortunately was'The Can Can'. Apparently it brought the house down.:D

D

dazmanwolf

AC/DC - Highway To Hell & The Doors - Light My Fire are lined up for my cremation. ;)

H

HarburyWolfinAus

How about "Living In a Box" by Living in a Box or "Break Out" by Swing Out Sister?
Was going to suggest "I'm On Fire" by Bruce Springsteen but was beaten to it.
What about "knock on wood"?

D

Deleted member 3751

Surprised that nobody's mentioned Disco Inferno, bound to work well. As I'm a dance fan though I'd guess that Storm - Time To Burn would be an apt choice.

D

dazmanwolf

Eric Idle - One Foot In The Grave followed by The Looney Tunes "Thats All Folks" should do nicely. :D

Back
Top Bottom