Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

All time top flight goals

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got it wrong. Guessed second placed team. Hard watching that for most of it.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves. But only because you tricked me.

Those tables give me such a buzz, i'm gonna try find one for European Corona mortality rates.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
very good,pity wolves have spent 2 long periods out of the top division.
1906/1932 and 1984/2003
still we still hold the record for scoring 100 goals in 4 consecutive seasons and although not in the top division only one player has scored 50 goals in consecutive seasons

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had two teams in mind but chose the wrong one.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got the 1st right - hang around long enough ... They would probably top the "Most forgettable team in history, too" :)

Still a few surprises though. Like how Derby & Sheff Utd were up there at the top well into the 20th century. And How late Chelsea and Spurs arrive on the scene.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got the 1st right - hang around long enough ... They would probably top the "Most forgettable team in history, too" :)

Still a few surprises though. Like how Derby & Sheff Utd were up there at the top well into the 20th century. And How late Chelsea and Spurs arrive on the scene.
To be fair to Derby, it’s only this season that we’ve surpassed their number of top flight seasons (66 to 65). Sheff Utd aren’t far behind either on 62. Annoying you see Albion ahead in goals, but they have spent 81 years in the top flight in comparison.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair to Derby, it’s only this season that we’ve surpassed their number of top flight seasons (66 to 65). Sheff Utd aren’t far behind either on 62. Annoying you see Albion ahead in goals, but they have spent 81 years in the top flight in comparison.

Interesting, I thought Derby were "Big in the 70's" and that was all. That's a lot of seasons for all 3 of those clubs, with not much to show for it! I believe it's 1 league title each for Albion and Sheff U and 2 for Derby.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting, I thought Derby were "Big in the 70's" and that was all. That's a lot of seasons for all 3 of those clubs, with not much to show for it! I believe it's 1 league title each for Albion and Sheff U and 2 for Derby.
Yeah, Blades in 1898, Albion 1920.

There’s a few clubs with a fair few years more than we’ve managed, Sunderland 86, Bolton 73 and Blackburn 72, Sheff Weds equal on 66 as well as the ones you’d expect. West Ham 63, Stoke 62, Middlesbrough 61, Blues 57 not far behind.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thoughtit was Liverpool, at least I got the city right...!

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
11 of the original 12 league clubs are still going with 5 in the top division(3 here in the midlands)
but most of the time we just make up the numbers.
the 2 teams in red in the N.W. have won around a third of the top div. championships between them

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
interesting to see that only a couple of teams have been at or near the top for nearly the whole period, and that quite a few of the current "big" teams were relatively late to the party. Though it does show how dominant they have been from 70s 80s on that they have caught up and risen up the table

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The team with Mark Wright and Dean Saunders in it were a fine side. Not so much the latter as manager, but he was a quality player.

Back
Top Bottom