Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

All or Nothing - Arsenal

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Out tomorrow on Amazon Prime. Looking forward to it. The NFL All or Nothing documentaries have been brilliant and the Spurs one last year was very decent too. Looking forward to seeing Arsenal fall out of the top 4 after all of the "we've won the league" celebrations they did. The All or Nothing documentaries can sometimes give some interesting insights, but I do think this from Arteta is a bit of an Alan Partridge idea.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out tomorrow on Amazon Prime. Looking forward to it. The NFL All or Nothing documentaries have been brilliant and the Spurs one last year was very decent too. Looking forward to seeing Arsenal fall out of the top 4 after all of the "we've won the league" celebrations they did. The All or Nothing documentaries can sometimes give some interesting insights, but I do think this from Arteta is a bit of an Alan Partridge idea.

Terrible that is

Would have been better off playing noises from a library to reflect Anfield

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The absolute best thing about this is they got battered 4-0 while he had a meltdown on the touch line.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
The one thing that I've learned from all of these documentaries, whether it be the NFL, NBA, or Premier League is that these rousing inspirational speeches do nothing. They have zero impact on the pitch. It's always about how the team have prepared, what tactics they use, how many injuries they have, and most importantly, the consistent message and processes that have been in place through in the weeks and months of training.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watch bits of the Tottenham/Man City ones but switched off when having to put up with looking at that **** Kane.

The Sunderland one however was absolutely fantastic. I know that was a different platform but how they made it equally as about the fans as players/club/owners was brilliant. I actually have a soft spot for them now on the back of that.
Would love to see a Wolves one of that.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Watch bits of the Tottenham/Man City ones but switched off when having to put up with looking at that **** Kane.

The Sunderland one however was absolutely fantastic. I know that was a different platform but how they made it equally as about the fans as players/club/owners was brilliant. I actually have a soft spot for them now on the back of that.
Not the same (at all!) but Sky did a documentary on our preseason in the Championship when Nuno took over. It was narrated by Jonny Phillips. It included some pre-game / half-time team talks. Actually, one thing that I still remember from that documentary was an interview they did with Jeff Shi. He was asked why Fosun took over Wolves and without hesitation he said, "To make money. We want to make a profit."

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the same (at all!) but Sky did a documentary on our preseason in the Championship when Nuno took over. It was narrated by Jonny Phillips. It included some pre-game / half-time team talks. Actually, one thing that I still remember from that documentary was an interview they did with Jeff Shi. He was asked why Fosun took over Wolves and without hesitation he said, "To make money. We want to make a profit."
Yes, sorry you are right, that was very very good.

Any links out there to watch it again? Would be interesting to see how some of those snippets from the men at the top have aged!!!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Yes, sorry you are right, that was very very good.

Any links out there to watch it again? Would be interesting to see how some of those snippets from the men at the top have aged!!!
I've looked and looked over the last few years but can't find it. There's another Sky documentary on us on there but it's not the original one from that pre-season. Might have another look though.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“Wolves in China” wasn’t it? Or was that a spin-off?

Remember thinking how polite Nuno was to EVERYONE.. even if they were just holding a door open for him.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
“Wolves in China” wasn’t it? Or was that a spin-off?

Remember thinking how polite Nuno was to EVERYONE.. even if they were just holding a door open for him.
There was that documentary too, but the one in the Championship was a different one. I China one was good though and I remember Nuno being super polite. Also remember that fashion show they had on top on of a building and some of our staff looking perplexed.

shaygriff

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

The same for me as well. Loved this one and have a soft spot for them. Watching the end of the transfer window when they lost to that one player who wanted to play for them was great TV. Gives some insight into how difficult the windows can be.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again the Sunderland one is amazing tv, because it doesn’t feel staged. Seen a preview of the Arsenal one, the photographer giving a speech, what a crock of ****

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've enjoyed his Amazon series but I think I'll wait now till the Palace game (18 Oct) which is live on Prime and re-join for the 30 day trial period!

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A well rewarded fraud.

I lost my faith in humanity a long time ago. But I still like to share my angst.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
The first three episodes are out this morning and the following episodes are being released on a weekly basis. Some interesting insights in what I've watched of it so far. I've never been a fashionista so I it might be that I just don't get it, but the first episode demonstrated to me that if you're young and have so much money that you don't know what to do with it, you end up wearing ridiculous clothes and driving cars that are based on Hot Wheels designs. If I was recognisable / famous, the last thing I would want to do is to draw attention to myself by the way I dressed and the car I'm driving. Maybe I would have been different if I'd had that thrust upon me at a young age though.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Great show - some of it I had to watch between my fingers, the senior management were so cringeworthy.

Martin Bain came across absolutely awfully, far too in love with himself, while he ran the club into the ground. And then in season 2 there was the David Brent part owner (Stuart Methven) who unbelievably I actually started to warm to towards the end, despite him being ridiculous.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Good people….have a chuckle

Areteta comes across a little like a Spanish David Brent in this. That cheesy scene when he asked all the players close their eyes and rub their hands together while he talked was very cringy in particular. I'm sure there is more to him than that. That said, I think Arsenal will do well this season. Think they've signed some good players and they have a lot of youngsters who will have improved from last season.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The criticism of managers in these shows cracks me up. Even one of the greatest managers ever to be in the game was ridiculed as a fool and clueless.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Three new episodes out yesterday. The two Wolves games feature at the end of episode 5 and not long into episode 6.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite enjoying it as it reminds me why, for no real logical reason, Arsenal are one of the clubs I cannot stand the most.

I’m 42 years old and still yet to see an Arsenal ‘fan’ who I can take seriously when it comes to football. West Ham, Spurs, Chelsea, whilst having their fair share of muppets, still to me have some proper fans too.

Arsenal fans seem to either be tourists on a day out or wannabe grime stars.

As for Arterta, he may as well shave all his hair off and insist they call him Pep.

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Quite enjoying it as it reminds me why, for no real logical reason, Arsenal are one of the clubs I cannot stand the most.

I’m 42 years old and still yet to see an Arsenal ‘fan’ who I can take seriously when it comes to football. West Ham, Spurs, Chelsea, whilst having their fair share of muppets, still to me have some proper fans too.

As for Arterta, he may as well shave all his hair off and insist they call him Pep.
I live in North London and know relatively well about 30 Arsenal fans. They all understand the game of football pretty well but I'd say there's only a handful who have a grasp of the culture of it outside of the theatre going experience that is Arsenal. One of my mates sees no problem in calling the ticket office the box office for example

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I live in North London and know relatively well about 30 Arsenal fans. They all understand the game of football pretty well but I'd say there's only a handful who have a grasp of the culture of it outside of the theatre going experience that is Arsenal. One of my mates sees no problem in calling the ticket office the box office for example
You have summed it up perfectly, that’s exactly what I mean. They just don’t seem to ‘get it’.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Arteta at Molineux before the game - 'you know what they're going to do, they dive, they insult you, they provoke you and they provoke you some more'.

Interesting to see our perception from those within the game.
Yes , he seems to have a go at most opposition teams in his pre-match match talks. He put a tweet up from Ivan Toney before the Brentford game as another example (which I didn't think was very disparaging). Maybe most managers do it, I don't know. Hopefully, we can use what he said about us before the Arsenal game.

In the NFL All or Nothing docs they tended to show lots of tactical discussion, but the Premier League clubs don't seem to have allowed that, probably as they don't want to give their tactics away. Was very little of it in the Spurs one or this Arsenal one. It's understandable but a bit disappointing. As a result you just got lots of relationship talk and the more bizarre David Brent type motivational talks and pre-match stunts that Arteta does. The players keep on saying that his tactics are excellent, but all we see is him asking them to close their eyes and rub their hands together in circle or his nonsensical whiteboard diagrams that are supposed to motivate the players. It's like he has a book of motivational exercises from the 1990s and he uses a new one each week. He even pops up in the canteen and tries motivational strategies when talking to the players. You can see them nodding and smiling, but behind their eyes thinking, FFS, let me just eat my toast and drink my cup of tea in peace.

I do like his main ethical rules though and his emphasis on discipline, and like I said, he must have something about him tactically, but we don't get to see it.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Arteta at Molineux before the game - 'you know what they're going to do, they dive, they insult you, they provoke you and they provoke you some more'.

Is it unfair?

I'd argue it is well earned to be candid

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
TBH, I really like these documentaries, they show a side to the game we can only normally guess about and TBH can be refreshing to see that it's not all military precision and well oiled. We forget that the players are just young men, having a laugh and a joke as they work like all of us do, they have money to burn so will occasionally turn up in god awful cars and clothes.

Of course the director will always be looking for something that's watchable, some story he can tell and something that's entertaining. They have to strike a balance though and if they go too far, next year's Manchester United All or Nothing will not be happening.

I have had the Wolves in China on my recordings since it happened, despite the Mrs constantly asking me to delete because it's taking up precious disk space! Am going to give it a run at lunchtime.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The amount of people who support other teams that let me know how much Wolves dive has gone up massively over the past year or so. I blame Podence, he's always at it. Raul loves an exaggerated fall as well but wouldn't say he's a diver.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The amount of people who support other teams that let me know how much Wolves dive has gone up massively over the past year or so. I blame Podence, he's always at it. Raul loves an exaggerated fall as well but wouldn't say he's a diver.
Jota probably helped start the reputation too. Add Hwang too that list too

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Podence, Hwang, Raul are terrible for it. We are also extremely cynical timewasters, as bad as anyone at times.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Btw notice Arsenal fans talking up title challenge, looking forward to their annual disappointment at 5th again. Spurs better imo, mainly in the dugout - although they were very poor yday.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Btw notice Arsenal fans talking up title challenge, looking forward to their annual disappointment at 5th again. Spurs better imo, mainly in the dugout - although they were very poor yday.
City, Liverpool, Tottenham and Chelsea for the top 4 I think, probably in that order. Arsenal will probably be a a strong 5th but without a top class manager they’ll struggle to break in.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

City, Liverpool, Tottenham and Chelsea for the top 4 I think, probably in that order. Arsenal will probably be a a strong 5th but without a top class manager they’ll struggle to break in.
Yeah, Chelsea possibly the only disappointment. Think they currently might struggle for goals compared to the others.

Martin Riggs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What I've taken from these type of documentaries is that all the managers are weird and either talk in riddles or cliches, although perhaps they are constantly aware of the cameras and try too hard. I saw a few episodes of the Man City one and I had no idea what Pep was going on about most of the time but I did have to stop watching half way through as the kit man was annoying me as he was clearly only there so the players could take the mickey out of him, which seems to be the case at a lot of clubs. Chelsea for example had that guy who seemingly was employed to dance for the players in the dressing room. I feel a bit sorry for them tbh.

I've seen one episode of the Arsenal one so far, I'm not sure if I'll watch any more, hearing players have to call each other "bro" after every 4 words is a bit off putting. Plus Ramsdale's dad was a total clown who made me want to switch off immediately and that was before he spoke after turning up at the game in a fez hat for some bizarre reason

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The one thing that I've learned from all of these documentaries, whether it be the NFL, NBA, or Premier League is that these rousing inspirational speeches do nothing. They have zero impact on the pitch. It's always about how the team have prepared, what tactics they use, how many injuries they have, and most importantly, the consistent message and processes that have been in place through in the weeks and months of training.
And even more importantly, more often than not, how much cash you've spent.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nah I know loads of decent arsenal fans as I live in north london half the time. They do laugh at some of their fellow supporters tho.

Back
Top Bottom