Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ait Nouri

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
He’ll be absolutely fine as long as people are prepared to give him time and not force him to change the way he plays.

Him and Semedo will be excellent this season with Jonny as back up.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah young players make mistakes, defenders it costs goals so it is noticed more. He stays in the starting line up for me pretty comfortably, Jonny is not the guy he was at all and I'd back RAN to do a much better job against Spurs than Jonny. Pace and power will absolutely terrify him this year unfortunately, Son/Richarlison are as pacey/powerful as it gets

Exactly. It's just decision making and he will learn from the penalty.

If that situation had occurred outside the box, closer to the touchline, I think Ait Nouri just aggressively cleans out both the ball and man, as we've seen him do quite a lot this season already. He's a great tackler.

But because Decordova-Reid got slightly ahead of him in the box, that doubt creeps in and he just passively dangled his leg, which will always end in disaster in the PL.

On Jonny. At wing-back, his height is less of an issue. As one of 4 defenders, it becomes far more of an issue as he's defending one on one a lot more and a lot deeper. Teams will start to target him. If he plays against Spurs I think Kane or Richarlison (or both if they both start) will pull out onto him and they will target him every time.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
And that key moment came from Donk missing yet another tackle on the sideline where the ball and everything in its way should have ended up in the Steve Bull!!

For all the criticism that Donk gets, this is my only real bugbear with him. For someone of his size, he’s just a bit too nice. Would love to see him properly clearing people out when he goes in for tackles.

Apart from that, he’s started the season pretty well and looking closer to the Donk of his first 18 months with us.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all the criticism that Donk gets, this is my only real bugbear with him. For someone of his size, he’s just a bit too nice. Would love to see him properly clearing people out when he goes in for tackles.

Apart from that, he’s started the season pretty well and looking closer to the Donk of his first 18 months with us.
Ait-Nouri is very hot and cold I find he has one great game then a few average to poor. He should be progressing this season I’m far from convinced he’s any better than Vinagre really. Donk is good in a 3 man midfield or a 5 man defence he isn’t quite quick or mobile enough for a 2 man midfield. We are left exposed. Leeds did us late on and fulham almost did the same. If these areas aren’t addressed I expect us to have a huge battle for survival. Maybe Marcal was better than we thought ehh!!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Ait-Nouri is very hot and cold I find he has one great game then a few average to poor. He should be progressing this season I’m far from convinced he’s any better than Vinagre really. Donk is good in a 3 man midfield or a 5 man defence he isn’t quite quick or mobile enough for a 2 man midfield. We are left exposed. Leeds did us late on and fulham almost did the same. If these areas aren’t addressed I expect us to have a huge battle for survival. Maybe Marcal was better than we thought ehh!!
That is frankly absurd to me, last good game Vinagre had for me was Burton Albion away. RAN has been top class against some of the best on the planet.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN was fine apart from the penalty, which was obviously a brainfart but something he will cut out with experience. He is a kid and we need to accept he will make these errors, particularly as he's probably played about 5 games at this level in a back 4. He also created our best chance.
Johnny got skinned every time by Kebano, one of the worst players in the league. I'd be far more worried about that than I would about Ait-Nouri.

Last edited:

floydstreet

Reaction score
Mistake for the pen
Should have had an assist with the great cross for MGW

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is frankly absurd to me, last good game Vinagre had for me was Burton Albion away. RAN has been top class against some of the best on the planet.
So spurs away when we won 2-3 forgot about then or the city game where he came on the last 15 ripped them apart down the right before Doherty got the winner. Do we see that attacking quality from RAN? I’m far from convinced based on a couple of good showings that he is a significant improvement really.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

So spurs away when we won 2-3 forgot about then or the city game where he came on the last 15 ripped them apart down the right before Doherty got the winner. Do we see that attacking quality from RAN? I’m far from convinced based on a couple of good showings that he is a significant improvement really.
Spurs 2-3 both goals his fault due to woeful positioning. He did well for the first goal, plays no part in either of other 2.

If that's his best game... my word.

What did he do in the City game? Don't remember him doing anything. Checked the numbers and he had 13 touches and 0 dribbles against players.

Not even a comparison between the two for me, RAN is miles better at every facet of the game.

RAN has played 35 games worth of minutes of football for us with 2 goals and 3 assists. Pretty good in such a defensive team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs 2-3 both goals his fault due to woeful positioning. He did well for the first goal, plays no part in either of other 2.

If that's his best game... my word.

What did he do in the City game? Don't remember him doing anything. Checked the numbers and he had 13 touches and 0 dribbles against players.

Not even a comparison between the two for me, RAN is miles better at every facet of the game.

RAN has played 35 games worth of minutes of football for us with 2 goals and 3 assists. Pretty good in such a defensive team.
The stats are not representative of what we have seen this season both players looked decent in a back 5 which is the issue we face moving forward into a 4 Vinagre was a scapegoat for many

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

The stats are not representative of what we have seen this season both players looked decent in a back 5 which is the issue we face moving forward into a 4 Vinagre was a scapegoat for many
Vinagre was an atrocious defender imo, and showed precious little going forwards.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was looking at stats for our WB/FBs yesterday.

RAN pressures better than either Semedo or Jonny, he is also better aerially, equal tackle wise and is better offensively. His downside right now is that he has just turned 21 and is a little raw so will make mistakes.

Where does this myth that he is a poor defender come from??

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh and by the way Fulham attacked more on Jonnys side than RANs so they certainly were not targeting him as a weakness.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh and should mention Leeds attacked Jonnys side by 42% to 34% the week before. So both teams we have faced have clearly not considered RAN a weak link to exploit.

Back
Top Bottom