Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

AFC Wimbledon

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Congrats to them. Amazing run of promotion since being formed in 2002. In same league as mk dons next year!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Played against them in The Cherry Red Records Cup about 12 years ago. Remarkable how they have progressed since then.

Couple of tasty games against the Franchise next season.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football is remarkable at times.

Imagine 10 years ago someone saying, Burton Albion would be in the same league as Newcastle and Villa. AFC Wimbledon the same as MK Dons and in a higher league than Portsmouth. Bournemouth in the Premier League, and Leicester current Champions.

I guess such stories should give us hope that brighter days may come around for us one day. Only when the 3 musketeers are gone though.

LG Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football is remarkable at times.

Imagine 10 years ago someone saying, Burton Albion would be in the same league as Newcastle and Villa. AFC Wimbledon the same as MK Dons and in a higher league than Portsmouth. Bournemouth in the Premier League, and Leicester current Champions.

I guess such stories should give us hope that brighter days may come around for us one day. Only when the 3 musketeers are gone though.

Good post

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An absolutely great story.

Here's to them rinsing MK Dons next season.

D

Deleted member 4124

I know he's Akinfenwa and he's a legend etc. but I can't help but feel repulsed whenever players argue over a penalty. Especially since it was to promote his stupid brand and to feed his massive ego.

Aside from that, it's a fantastic achievement. Looking forward to MK Dons - Wimbledon next season :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great story from where they came from. Fully deserved to win the final. Just imagining those scruffy $$$$s from Notlob rubbing shoulders with the likes of Athletico Madrid 9 years ago, now AFC Wimbledon and Northampton next season :D :laugh:

MK and Wimbledon should be interesting.. :D

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
It's a great story, it really is. With AFC Wimbledon, Hereford FC etc, I think it shows you that supporters are the single greatest cause for good in English football. You can have your millionaire prima donnas, grubby agents, deluded chairmen etc, if a club has it's fans behind it, then it will never die.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody who watched the game, impressed by Jake Reeves?

E

Edgmond Wolf

10k campaign organised at one of the worst clubs possible to give money to.

So you are basically critictising ten thousand Wolves fans for going to MK Dons?

For your information, it was a great day out, to a superb stadium, we were made to feel very welcome outside the stadium and inside the stadium

I for one will happily go back

W

wolvesultra

So you are basically critictising ten thousand Wolves fans for going to MK Dons?

For your information, it was a great day out, to a superb stadium, we were made to feel very welcome outside the stadium and inside the stadium

I for one will happily go back

ten thousand didn't go.

It wasn't a great day for all I had friends who were racially abused.

I did have a great day the away game before it at Sheffield Utd maybe not a 'superb stadium' but a proper football ground. There was only 2500 of us though so maybe obviously it wasn't on the scale of 'the great day to MK'. Didn't the football league even agree to alocate more than 3 points for it? :D

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Respect the opinions of those who didn't go, but it was a great day out, to say 10k didn't go is just silly we had 50k at Wembley so you may as well say 40k didn't go, although I know there were some issues you are more likely to find aggro at Sheff Utd (where I went as well that season and is always a good atmosphere), I don't consider buying a ticket to be supporting the other team (or I'd never go to the Hawthorns) and most importantly it really is time some of you let it go!

E

Edgmond Wolf

ten thousand didn't go.

I did have a great day the away game before it at Sheffield Utd maybe not a 'superb stadium' but a proper football ground. There was only 2500 of us though so maybe obviously it wasn't on the scale of 'the great day to MK'. Didn't the football league even agree to alocate more than 3 points for it? :D

You are correct, probably more than ten thousand went as loads were standing in there half when we scored :D

Sorry to hear your friends were racially abused

I was at Sheffield away too, went to most away, agreed it is a proper stadium, but MK Dons stadium is superb, fantastic concourse

C

ChesterWolf

It's a great story, it really is. With AFC Wimbledon, Hereford FC etc, I think it shows you that supporters are the single greatest cause for good in English football. You can have your millionaire prima donnas, grubby agents, deluded chairmen etc, if a club has it's fans behind it, then it will never die.

Hereford FC are not fan owned they were reformed by private businessmen.

W

wolvesultra

Respect the opinions of those who didn't go, but it was a great day out, to say 10k didn't go is just silly we had 50k at Wembley so you may as well say 40k didn't go, although I know there were some issues you are more likely to find aggro at Sheff Utd (where I went as well that season and is always a good atmosphere), I don't consider buying a ticket to be supporting the other team (or I'd never go to the Hawthorns) and most importantly it really is time some of you let it go!

I don't deny it may have been a great day out for you but it wasn't for my friends (who go to most games) who were racially abused or another couple of friends who were attacked by fellow Wolves supporters. Just adding a bit of balance.

I meant we didn't take 10k official away fans.....it was something like 8,800 as was capped by MK.

While I hate Albion there's a difference, they rightfully exist 'MK Dons' have no right to exist.

Wenlock Wolf

Reaction score
shall we not hijack the Wimbledon thread to have a pointless argument which has nothing to do with the subject?

Call me crazy ....

W

wolvesultra

shall we not hijack the Wimbledon thread to have a pointless argument which has nothing to do with the subject?

Call me crazy ....

Love how moving a discussion on (this is a dicussion board isn't it??) is 'hijacking a thread' to some people. Don't worry I'm sure we won't run out of space for the countless well meant but really not discussion provoking 'well done Wimbledon' posts that nobody connected to AFC Wimbledon will likely ever read.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done Wimbledon.

:D

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I don't deny it may have been a great day out for you but it wasn't for my friends (who go to most games) who were racially abused or another couple of friends who were attacked by fellow Wolves supporters. Just adding a bit of balance.

I meant we didn't take 10k official away fans.....it was something like 8,800 as was capped by MK.

While I hate Albion there's a difference, they rightfully exist 'MK Dons' have no right to exist.

No that's fair enough ultra. I think there were 8,800 officially but plenty on the home end, Obviously any fans getting attacked or racially abused is wrong, but I suspect you'd struggle to find an away day where some of this doesn't go on and Sheff Utd is quite often fairly hostile. To be fair though all of this is irrelevant to the argument which presumably would be the same if 500 had turned up on a wet Wednesday to watch an awful game (actually the game was pretty poor).

I completely accept that MK Dons should have made their way through the leagues, which isn't even that hard as AFC Wimbledon have shown ironically. However the fault for this largely lies with the FA and to some extent Merton council who made it impossible for the club to function. MK just rather unscrupulously took advantage of the situation.

As I said I respect those who didn't go on principle but trying to drag this up to divide fans is unnecessary IMO.

W

wolvesultra

No that's fair enough ultra. I think there were 8,800 officially but plenty on the home end, Obviously any fans getting attacked or racially abused is wrong, but I suspect you'd struggle to find an away day where some of this doesn't go on and Sheff Utd is quite often fairly hostile. To be fair though all of this is irrelevant to the argument which presumably would be the same if 500 had turned up on a wet Wednesday to watch an awful game (actually the game was pretty poor).

I completely accept that MK Dons should have made their way through the leagues,

It was Wolves fans who racially abused my pals and who attacked my other pals (think it was the 'ouh this is a big day out just cuz we're taking lots of fans' attitude that got the better of some.

I'd take the 'Dons' out of the last statement above as well as starting from the bottom.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great footballing story and I too hope they trash Franchise FC next season.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ten thousand didn't go.

Wolves sold 8961 or thereabouts, there were without doubt more than 1000 Wolves in the MK dons seating area- fact. I personally sat in their main stand and when we scored a whole section of "their " seating went up. If one of your friends was racially abused (who by , by the way?) sad though that is would hardly impact on the 10k2mk ?
I'm not trying to belittle your point , just defend what was an awesome day !

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
10k campaign organised at one of the worst clubs possible to give money to.

Surely it was organised at possibly THE ONLY club that could accommodate us ?

E

Edgmond Wolf

Wolves sold 8961 or thereabouts, there were without doubt more than 1000 Wolves in the MK dons seating area- fact. I personally sat in their main stand and when we scored a whole section of "their " seating went up. If one of your friends was racially abused (who by , by the way?) sad though that is would hardly impact on the 10k2mk ?

It was an awesome day, loved it

W

wolvesultra

My point was that it might have been a 'awesome' day for you (not surprising didn't you organise it?) but wasn't for all. Mr friend was racially abused by some so-called Wolves supporters. Surely the fact that racism went on does have a negative impact on the whole idea of the day? Or do you not think racism important enough of an issue to take away from the really important things in life like us taking 10,000 (although still no officially) to an away game.

W

wolvesultra

Surely it was organised at possibly THE ONLY club that could accommodate us ?

It is the ONLY club, their chairman is a Wolves fan and did so we could celebrate

Erm it wasn't the only club that could accommodate 10,000 officially though was it....as they didn't!

So your all been quick to point out that we did hit the 10,000 with fans in their ends then realistically the majority of grounds were empty seats + away allocation combined = 10,000 or more could accommodate.

Their chairman's a $$$$

E

Edgmond Wolf

Erm it wasn't the only club that could accommodate 10,000 officially though was it....as they didn't!

So your all been quick to point out that we did hit the 10,000 with fans in their ends then realistically the majority of grounds were empty seats + away allocation combined = 10,000 or more could accommodate.

Their chairman's a $$$$

All about opinions mate

I just know it was one of the best away days

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The history of the club didn't make it enjoyable . Sickening what they did to Wimbledon .

Who cares mind , as long as the bandwagon jumpers had a brilliant day bragging about one off support

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am so so glad that Wimbledon AFC now have a chance to take on MK Dons. I want to see that derby on TV and hear the Wimbledon fans giving it back to the franchise-shifting, plastic cow bunch who took their run of success away from them.

Just imagine if Morgan had taken the Wolves franchise to North Wales or somewhere else about 70 miles away and then we built an FC Wolves and got to play them a decade and a bit later! Wouldn't you go up there in numbers bent on justifiable revenge?

The emotion when this happens will be palpable!

Back
Top Bottom