Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Advice for tomorrow please

Autistic Kangaroo

Reaction score
I am meeting a friend in Birmingham tomorrow (Dirty Villa fan) and had planned to drive from Teesside to Bham and then get the train to Wolves before returning for a night out and a hotel stay.

With the increasingly annoying train strikes what is the best way to travel from central Birmingham to Wolves?

Any advice greatly appreciated - I know there are trams for instance but have never needed to use one before.

UTW

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am meeting a friend in Birmingham tomorrow (Dirty Villa fan) and had planned to drive from Teesside to Bham and then get the train to Wolves before returning for a night out and a hotel stay.

With the increasingly annoying train strikes what is the best way to travel from central Birmingham to Wolves?

Any advice greatly appreciated - I know there are trams for instance but have never needed to use one before.

UTW
Probably the metro if it's running. Goes from right outside New Street to Snow Hill in Wolves (albeit through West Brom)

Beyond that you're looking at buses and taxis if you're not driving.

West Midlands public transport is useless.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trams is one option but the reduced rail service means that they’ll be rammed so get on early. You can buy tickets on board I believe or using their app. Here’s their website. West Midlands Metro - Tickets Information

Bus is another option either by going to Dudley and changing or directly on the … X8 I think. Head to Colmore Row (by Snow Hill station) as that’s where most of them leave from I believe.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would have thought the tram (Metro) would have been your best and quickest option. The X8 limited stop bus goes from Brum to Wolves but I think would take longer.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have thought the tram (Metro) would have been your best and quickest option. The X8 limited stop bus goes from Brum to Wolves but I think would take longer.
Yeah, the X8 goes through Black Heath I think and takes ages.

I’d concur with both of the above that the tram is your best bet and it’s right outside New Street so very convenient

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Me and my son driving down from Newcastle tomorrow and the air conditioning in the car conked out this morning. If we melt into nothingness I will bequeath my member's gloves to anyone with particularly small hands and my travel cup to @WickedWolfie who has to travel all the way from Telford tomorrow. My heart bleeds :p

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me and my son driving down from Newcastle tomorrow and the air conditioning in the car conked out this morning. If we melt into nothingness I will bequeath my member's gloves to anyone with particularly small hands and my travel cup to @WickedWolfie who has to travel all the way from Telford tomorrow. My heart bleeds :p
Small hands you say? Leave them to Donald Trump who is, let’s face it, a peculiar shade of old gold.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have you met him then? ;)

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get the metro, stop off at Bilston or Wednesbury on the way, get yourself into a random local pub. £2 a pint. Nah just get into Wolverhampton on the Metro and into the Hogshead beer garden, you'll love it.

W

WasStefan

Get the metro, stop off at Bilston or Wednesbury on the way, get yourself into a random local pub. £2 a pint. Nah just get into Wolverhampton on the Metro and into the Hogshead beer garden, you'll love it.
That beer garden may be the scene of some sights tomorrow in the glaring heat and copious amounts of lager. Get there early hahaha

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Have you met him then? ;)
Not that I know of Pagey. An online friendship born out of the dark days of the Covid culture war on here, when in the absence of any football the Mix flipped and the Off Topic forum became the main forum. I shudder just thinking about it.

If you're feeling a bit jealous though you can have my member's scarf and what will be left of my half eaten packed lunch.

SuziQ

Reaction score
Definitely use the tram - it now runs from Broad Street through the centre of Brum and then on to Wolverhampton. Will get extremely busy as there's no West Midlands Railways services tomorrow and only limited services for the other operators.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****-taker, lol... On the world's slowest bloody train from London to Brum right now.... Guard just announced that in almost half of the carriages (thank God that l'm not in one) the aircon is throwing out hot air....

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****-taker, lol... On the world's slowest bloody train from London to Brum right now.... Guard just announced that in almost half of the carriages (thank God that l'm not in one) the aircon is throwing out hot air....
Let me guess chiltern

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is but it only goes as far as Dudley where you have to change for the 1 (the old 558) or the 81 (formerly 581)
When I was a lad the 126 and125 went straight into Wolverhampton the 581 was the 281 midland red
Told you I was as old as a concierge tree

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not that I know of Pagey. An online friendship born out of the dark days of the Covid culture war on here, when in the absence of any football the Mix flipped and the Off Topic forum became the main forum. I shudder just thinking about it.

If you're feeling a bit jealous though you can have my member's scarf and what will be left of my half eaten packed lunch.
Apologies pal, I misread your post as travelling with him from Telford, no air conditioning and your ears bleed

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I was a lad the 126 and125 went straight into Wolverhampton the 581 was the 281 midland red
Told you I was as old as a concierge tree
I remember seeing an old photo of the Dudley road (my family lived in Blakenhall so I used to get up that way quite a lot) and I hadn’t realised that the 558 used to be the 58 trolley bus…

Anyway, sorry, this is all rather off topic!

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you're really stuck there's always Beryl, could do Birmingham to Wolves in an hour easy

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, a quick dump is probably out of the question sadly....

Not sure you’d have time before the tram moved on. Only way would be to have it ready to throw as the doors opened, but that would require a lot of planning for both execution and cleanup.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure you’d have time before the tram moved on. Only way would be to have it ready to throw as the doors opened, but that would require a lot of planning for both execution and cleanup.
I am truly impressed that you actually thought about the logistics of it .... We really, really don't like them!!!

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not the Marylebone one I hope, I've just had the 'pleasure' of booking that for the Southampton game.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the Marylebone one I hope, I've just had the 'pleasure' of booking that for the Southampton game.
Nothing wrong with the Chiltern Line. Comfier seats. Charger at every seat. Takes about 20 minutes or so longer, but usually less full, and near on half the price of Avanti. It’s not like the cattle truck from Euston to New St for about £3.50 return.

Back
Top Bottom