Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adidas

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So after a full season with the sought after Adidas gear, what are our thoughts?
Many on here have banged the Adidas drum for a number of years and I myself have a vast amount of Adidas gear, so I do rate the stuff
But after many failed attempts I finally managed to get to the club shop last week and after a good look around I left feeling pretty disappointed with the stuff on offer. Some of the training gear is nice but I honestly thought that Puma did a better range.
Now the feel of the Adidas away top is no different to the Puma top, so I guess manufacturing quality is not a problem.
My thought was that the Adidas gear really wasn't anything special.

I know this is not the fault of our club and I in no way point the finger at Wolves, far from it, but as we all have personal opinions I much preferred the Puma gear.

What are your thoughts?

Nivada

Reaction score
More of a Kappa man myself, but I get what you mean

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not keen on a lot of the Adidas stuff - much of it seems generic with our badge affixed for a whopping premium

I was looking to buy a simple black polo or sweatshirt with gold stripes in a basic or classic design - maybe next season...

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Not keen on a lot of the Adidas stuff - much of it seems generic with our badge affixed for a whopping premium
It doesn't seem like it, it literally is the generic Adidas stuff with our badge stuck on it for a massive premium. Some of the Wolves gear is double the price of the exact same Adidas gear minus our badge.

GTA_WOLF

Reaction score
Adi rule the roost here in MLS land, and honestly, some of the offerings are just plain awful. For having a monopoly on an entire league, you would think the creative minds could expand on the team gear....shockingly conservative!

B

Boswell

Adi rule the roost here in MLS land, and honestly, some of the offerings are just plain awful. For having a monopoly on an entire league, you would think the creative minds could expand on the team gear....shockingly conservative!
That being said, I've always thought the MLS had pretty nice kits because the intention is much more to make them sell. Plus there seems to be little heritage to follow in terms of colours or designs - e.g claret and blue is a no for me in any form. I've always thought the Whitecaps, Sounders and Portland Timbers' kits are fairly solid year on year.

W

wolvesultra

I was looking to buy a simple black polo or sweatshirt with gold stripes in a basic or classic design - maybe next season...
I said this last season

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They pull the wool over so many fans eyes with their strips, all because they think Adidas is cool. Trainers, retro Adidas tops - yes, but let’s not kid ourselves, Adidas football tops and the stuff they pile into club shops are average. And agree that Puma are way better on that front.

W

WasStefan

Produced our 3 best kits (this year's away, last years both home and away) in recent memory.

They've done us well

Re identikit shirts, all brands are the same. Change colour for relevant team. It's just the way it is.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It sums it up with the fact that I bought some Adidas teamwear and a few iron on wolves badges off Ebay and made training shirts myself for 1/4 of the price.
Looked exactly the same

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
As Stefan says, 3 out of the 4 kits they’ve produced have been absolute beauties.

I’ve been pretty underwhelmed by the range, quality and price of the leisurewear though.

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
I've got red zip up training top from last season and as already discussed it's just standard Adidas clothing with a Wolves badge stuck on. Wouldn't have bought it myself but got as a Xmas present so wear it to matches in colder weather. Like the fact it didn't have w88 on it as can still put it on without thinking of the vile! The Puma stuff was much better as even though it was also generic they did seem to match it more to the gold and black theme.
Still can't believe though how Adidas have messed up the home kit after producing three other classics. It was plainly obvious the other night why we are wearing black socks this season with the tones of gold completely different on the shirts and socks, hoping we don't see that again and the green third kit is used at places like Newcastle.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It will get better the higher up the league we go. I love Adidas and nowt will change that!

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems like us and Cardiff got palmed off with the shoddy design this year. Leicester have got a much better end of the deal and it feels like those lower down the Adidas spectrum who probably just get to pick from random designs have ended up with better kits. I like our away but our home shirt is just awful and cheap looking

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In reality we’re small fry to Adidas and their bigger contracts, we will very much get the generic templates in kit and training gear year after year.

You only get the personal touches with smaller companies where you are their main project.

loopy lupine

Reaction score
It will get better the higher up the league we go. I love Adidas and nowt will change that!
FA cup semi final, 7th and in Europe? Not like we’re starting in league one is it!?

As has been said, best tops we’ve had, but doesn’t matter the maker, it’s always going to be way overpriced because it’s a captive market. I still have an original scoreline top now that was a brand only rivalled by bukta!

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always been a massive Adidas fan, but i I have been very disappointed with the leisure wear and this years home kit. I am not mainly talking about design, but quality. We are getting the very lowest quality, which is such a shame.
I was elated, when I heard we were going to use Adidas. This is such a missed opportunity. For people like me, that live outside the UK, it is now stopping me buying more stuff from the megastores internet page. I usually spend around £400 a year on merchandise. After my latest recieved package, I won't be buying off the internet again, unless we get an upgrade from Adidas.

Last edited:

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Seems like us and Cardiff got palmed off with the shoddy design this year. Leicester have got a much better end of the deal and it feels like those lower down the Adidas spectrum who probably just get to pick from random designs have ended up with better kits. I like our away but our home shirt is just awful and cheap looking
You're right about Leicesters home kit bit there 2 change strips are poor. The dark grey one is the same template as us and Cardiffs home and the pink one is just a copy of Germanys kit from last year's world cup with the King Power sponsorship right over the pattern on the front so they haven't got away with it from Adidas either.

GTA_WOLF

Reaction score
That being said, I've always thought the MLS had pretty nice kits because the intention is much more to make them sell. Plus there seems to be little heritage to follow in terms of colours or designs - e.g claret and blue is a no for me in any form. I've always thought the Whitecaps, Sounders and Portland Timbers' kits are fairly solid year on year.
Kits, in general, are very good in the MLS, as discussed already, it's the supply of leisure wear that's disappointing. League attendance is at an all time high right now, but outside of the kits and training gear, there's not much else to choose from. Adi have another 5 years to go with an entire monopoly on the league gear, they could do much better.

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like our Quakes rebrand from a couple of years ago, looks way tighter than the previous one. Thught the original 70s red are the coolest still.

B

Boswell

Unbelievable that people are wanting to bring back Puma kits when they just were as orange as a pumpkin and as premium as a Wilkos bin liner. Adidas might not be perfect but they’re a damn sight better than Puma.

If you want true originality in our kits then Umbro is the way forward, for me. Done some great stuff for Everton and West Ham in recent years

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unbelievable that people are wanting to bring back Puma kits when they just were as orange as a pumpkin and as premium as a Wilkos bin liner. Adidas might not be perfect but they’re a damn sight better than Puma.

If you want true originality in our kits then Umbro is the way forward, for me. Done some great stuff for Everton and West Ham in recent years
The Puma leisurewear was top notch, really good quality and decent design. I’ve got a black top I’ve had for years which is only just starting to look worn. I bought the home and away kits this year, and there’s no way they’re going to last the season.

I’m sure Puma would do the colour we specify.

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Towards the end the quality of puma was ****e but I remember one year (14/15 I think) where the white away kit was incredibly thin and felt like a player quality one

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
hope it gets better the longer our association goes on with them! surely with fosun's ambition we need better leisurewear

mind you i think our sponsor is an utter eyesore this season too

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After that Shanghai fashion show, and the range available in that market, I'm surprised the domestic offerings are so sparse and underwhelming.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
love it . the best. and what does adidas stand for ? one for the olduns

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted we have an adidas kit, last years shirts (white in particular) were superb. This years are fairly decent too.

Have said before I’m disappointed with the range of other gear on offer though. Big fan of adidas and specifically adidas originals, but distinct lack of options available.

ladywolf

Reaction score
Towards the end the quality of puma was ****e but I remember one year (14/15 I think) where the white away kit was incredibly thin and felt like a player quality one
One of my favourite away tops! I still wear it occasionally and it fits perfectly and yes feels really lightweight, great for training.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hit and miss. This season's kit is a ****ing joke... don't even get me started on the gold socks being a different colour to the shirt vs Crusaders.

The polo shirt last season which was 3 quarters white with a black quarter at the bottom.... are they taking the ****? So if you wear any dark bottoms with that you'll look like Simon Cowell? Sound.

Last year's kits were exceptional, though.

Haven't seen anything in store which has impressed me this season.

Rather have Hummell.

Back
Top Bottom