Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama Traore ~ To Sign New Contract ~ Or Loaned & Sold to Barcelona 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing Lage's quotes from his press conference today about him being here at the moment and the club talking to him, think he will be gone by the end of the window...
I actually think the opposite, the club are probably doing a charm offensive on him, and rightfully so.

Still don't get why we won't give him a release clause if that's the issue. He's worth it.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And within those 20 minutes a goal can be scored.

Opponents don't like Adama, bringing him on for those 20 minutes can push opponents back and make them think twice about commiting to the attack. That and his energy can get us up the field in those late moments, Villa away doesn't happen if not.
We all know he can be important in these situations but if he won’t sign a new deal then it’s time to move on and forward for everyone

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Comparing Spurs offer for Adama to Sancho, Pepe fees etc is a pointless exercise.. We have a player who's contract is running down and I'm sure between him and his agent Spurs will know he isn't signing, He also doesn't have the numbers and stats behind him that these players had when they were signed. So the fee will continue to come down. Some on here are hyping him up as this unique, word beating superstar, but we have said he can go for £20m? which some say is a bargain, a steal, robbery? People point to Klopp and Pep talking him up before and after games, but where are City, Liverpool, Utd, PSG, Madrid etc why aren't they queuing up for this bargain fighting it out? Instead its just Jeff and Levy fighting it out for £15m to £20m? Apart from a 3 month spell under Nuno a couple of years ago he has nothing to show he's any different to the project we signed and buying clubs know this, every new club that signs him thinks they can unlock this talent but they also know its a punt. He went to the Euros with Spain and got a few minutes off the bench in one game and has now slipped out of favour with them.
Notwithstanding that, 15m is still pretty derisory for a player that is, literally, the best dribbler in the world and can be unplayable at times and make things happen where few others could. People forget that in the 6 months before covid he was MOTM in around half our games. At the time, many of the opposition managers saw him rather than Jota as the bigger threat.

He has 18 months on his contract not 6-9m. If it came to it, I’m pretty confident Mendes could place him back in Spain for 20m in the summer if all else fails so I’d be amazed if Wolves weren’t setting their price higher than that right now (at 25m). Valencia have an option to buy Helder Costa for 18m and I’d imagine they’d be interested in snapping up Traore in the summer if he was offered not much higher.

For those saying 15-20m is fair for a player with 18m left, worth remembering Jarrod Bowen had less than 6 months to run on his deal a few years back when the mighty Hull (in all sorts of financial trouble at the time) got West Ham to offer £20m rising to £25m.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s some real extremes on here.
He’s not as good as some like to make out, nor is he as bad as others think.
His outputs are low, this is a fact, and it’s down to a number of reasons. Simply trying to pin this on the finishing of others is lazy and wrong however!

He’s a unique player who has been contributing less over the last twelve months or so.
He or his agents think he’s worth more than we will pay, or allow him to leave for, as is his and their right.

Again, it’s not as simple as just pay his wages.

Lastly, he’s got less than 18 months left so comparisons to other players aren’t really that valid.

He’s in a strong position and he knows it, but similarly so are we currently.

I wouldn’t see to a direct competitor and that’s what Spurs now are.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I actually think the opposite, the club are probably doing a charm offensive on him, and rightfully so.

Still don't get why we won't give him a release clause if that's the issue. He's worth it.
So do i, it doesn't matter what a few people on here think his worth is ,it's what Wolves think he's worth and going by lage's press conference they want him to stay and would only let him go if they meet Wolves valuation exactly what spurs did with Kane

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And within those 20 minutes a goal can be scored.

Opponents don't like Adama, bringing him on for those 20 minutes can push opponents back and make them think twice about commiting to the attack. That and his energy can get us up the field in those late moments, Villa away doesn't happen if not.

We could just replace him with a cardboard cut out standing in the dug out? frighten the opposition but also keep 11 players who can pass/shoot on the pitch...

fleck1

Reaction score
Notwithstanding that, 15m is still pretty derisory for a player that is, literally, the best dribbler in the world and can be unplayable at times and make things happen where few others could. People forget that in the 6 months before covid he was MOTM in around half our games. At the time, many of the opposition managers saw him rather than Jota as the bigger threat.

He has 18 months on his contract not 6-9m. If it came to it, I’m pretty confident Mendes could place him back in Spain for 20m in the summer if all else fails so I’d be amazed if Wolves weren’t setting their price higher than that right now (at 25m). Valencia have an option to buy Helder Costa for 18m and I’d imagine they’d be interested in snapping up Traore in the summer if he was offered not much higher.

For those saying 15-20m is fair for a player with 18m left, worth remembering Jarrod Bowen had less than 6 months to run on his deal a few years back when the mighty Hull (in all sorts of financial trouble at the time) got West Ham to offer £20m rising to £25m.
The best dribbler in the world? Unique talent where is all this hype coming from? Where is the queue of clubs chasing this superstar at a knock down price? The only interest of any note is Spurs and they don't want to pay the £20m

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Regarding Traoré's valuation, I think whatever the club does, if we're going to "go places" and actually start competing with the top clubs, we need to make a profit on Adama. That means we need more than a mere £15M

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lunacy to sell a good player to a rival in the run in of the season.

No serious club would do this.

If wolves go ahead, chance of derailing season in my view
No one in their right mind is going to bet £20m on us finishing above Spurs, when even if we did, we might still lose it.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like its inevitable that an agreement will be reached, I don't think Spiers would have stuck his neck out like this without it being pretty sure the gap of £5M or so will be bridged. Shame as I really wanted it to be Barca and not Spurs

I'd be surprised (despite what Bruno has said in his presser about him being focused) if he's even in the squad tomorrow from this point and will be replaced by Chiquinho

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A shame to see him go, and I'd rather he stay, but it seems inevitable. Wish he was going somewhere better than Spurs but if they're the only ones interested, what can you do?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think he’s making a huge mistake going to Spurs.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The best dribbler in the world? Unique talent where is all this hype coming from? Where is the queue of clubs chasing this superstar at a knock down price? The only interest of any note is Spurs and they don't want to pay the £20m
He’s had the highest successful completed dribbles across all major European leagues pretty much every season for the last 4 years now. He’s so far ahead of other very, very good dribblers it’s almost comical. When it comes to dribbling he’s the very definition of a unique talent. Very few inside the football world would argue with that.

His end product is another thing completely I readily admit but when it comes to dribbling few can hold a torch to Adama and if that’s news to you then I’m a bit surprised to be honest. I’m not making any other arguments other than that in my post or that we could easily get 20m for him in the summer via the Mendes carousel. Bear in mind Spurs shifted Lamela to Sevilla for 20m and he had 12m left on his contract and Traore is the better player imo.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
15m is only a opening bid, nothing more nothing less.
Spurs know there're not going to get him for that.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What can you do?? Not sell a good player to a rival.

Desperately small-time thinking by Shi.
I agree, but if he won't sign a new contract it's a tough situation. We should be trying to get £25m for him though imo. Nobody else wants him.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looks like its inevitable that an agreement will be reached, I don't think Spiers would have stuck his neck out like this without it being pretty sure the gap of £5M or so will be bridged. Shame as I really wanted it to be Barca and not Spurs

I'd be surprised (despite what Bruno has said in his presser about him being focused) if he's even in the squad tomorrow from this point and will be replaced by Chiquinho
Chiquinho is a long way from being ready. He has talent and potential but there’s a lot still to work on. Maybe in 12 months though.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is the only reason he doesn't want to sign a contract because he wants more money?

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
really surprised that he is going to spurs....is it really that a big a step up..other than wages ? i am guessing that they must be his only option but that just shows he just really wants to leave us or he would want to wait until the summer himself...where he will have more offers

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A release clause would be pointless. Nobody is gonna go over 20 million regardless

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If only there was another Everton about that would make a ridiculous late swoop for £50million.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Conte has form for turning attackers into excellent wing-backs, history would suggest he has a good chance. As long as Doherty comes back I am resigned to him going. Hope we can get a midfielder in but Bruno wants a CB by the sounds of it. Don't think we need an attacker replacement with the new lad and Neto/Hwang back soon. Hopefully Trincao can actually perform at some point and create a few shots or heaven forbid score/assist.

ToastedWanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
Feels like even our own club are low balling Traores value, but I guess the alternative is running down the contract. He's been a great addition to our Premier league journey so far and while the key stats don't bare it out, he's been exciting to watch over the years and earned us a few points in games destined to go against us.

£19-£21mil for him to go to Spurs just doesn't feel like a fitting end to his time here. If I could choose, a bigger fee, a different league or sold in the summer would be a better farewell, but the reality is the last season or two he's not shone bright enough beyond our walls to attract more attention. I wish him well, but the writing was on the wall with contract talks failing each time they talked..

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder how long it will take Spurs to start benching him or will that be their expectation all along

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
s-l1600.jpg

Free to a good home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom