Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

A fan theory

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Just stumbled across this thread on Twitter. One for the conspiracy theorists or more to it?

Not sure there’s much to it myself, but points are there to be discussed!
If FOSUN got a decent offer they would sell in a heart beat, I say this though not because of the last 18 months but purely the fact they are an investment company, unless they think they can make more player trading.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If FOSUN got a decent offer they would sell in a heart beat, I say this though not because of the last 18 months but purely the fact they are an investment company.
What constitutes a decent offer though? That decent offer would have to outstrip the projected long term profits Fosun hope to make.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

What constitutes a decent offer though? That decent offer would have to outstrip the projected long term profits Fosun hope to make.
One they deem acceptable, I feel player trading is the way they will go as realistically their original aims are for owners where returns on investment are not important.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
If FOSUN got a decent offer they would sell in a heart beat, I say this though not because of the last 18 months but purely the fact they are an investment company, unless they think they can make more player trading.
I thought some Russian oligarch wanted to by us but was turned down?

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why on Earth would they invest in Fabio Silva, with an uncertain, very long-term potential pay-off, if they've been thinking of selling up since 2019?!

Stupid twitter thread, but by someone who presumably knows that putting "THREAD 1/x" drives a lot more engagement on Twitter. His only point seems to be "things bad, so they must be about to sell", with no other insight or argument at all.

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course - without a shadow of a doubt a Fosun will have an economic valuation that contemplates the time value of money. That is their bread and butter.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

selling up to concentrate on grasshoppers

We were only ever a holding position for them to learn while they waited for one of the big six to hit the rocks. They are going to make a move for Spurs, and they’ll need to get rid of us to allow that. Of course, being commercially savvy they’ll want to make as much profit as they can from us.

Jeff is the next Daniel Leavy now he is trained and Bruno is Nuno’s assistant in waiting.

FACT.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dear God the world's gone mad. And I'm not referring to the walking dead that I'm watching. Do we not believe in fact and reject fiction anymore? Jeff said Fosun are in with us for the long term. I believe him!
Fake news. Just like Brexit is good for us, Boris cares and Trump is on the side of the working class.
Oh sorry, wrong part of molmix

Scott.Cooper

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who knows if a sale is imminent.

The problem with our fan base is that too much is made out non-signings. There is no doubt that this has been a disappointing window so far, but we will know more when it’s finished in terms of ambition.

The thread says FFP is a smokescreen. I know we got lumbered with UEFA rules for three seasons after EL Qualification but does anyone know what the real impact is (besides what has been reported)?

Personally, I do think there has been a tightening of the shoestrings. Nuno could even have been a victim of that - but whether that is FFP related, an attempt to increase the EBITDA to generate a healthier multiple for sale or just simply a club well run and cutting its cloth accordingly will unlikely be unveiled on Twitter.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst I have no doubt Fosun would sell for an acceptable (really good) offer it’s not a great argument put forward. I still think they are going for a Man City group/Red Bull lite approach and we’re a fundamental part of that. A perfect way to develop and sell player talent. Wolves, Grasshoppers, Jumilla as was, I’m sure another will be along at some point - weren’t they linked with a French club or was that BS?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is a theory, but it is a legitimate one at that. I don't think any of us should be naïve enough to think if they did not get an offer which represented value for money for them, they would not take it.

I have to laugh at the example of Fabio Silva, being apparently a core example as to why they are looking to invest in Wolves and to show intentions. He is potentially a big asset of the very company they they have a stake in. It is essentially an investment for themselves. Back in 2017 emails were leaked where Shi was quoted as saying "Our trust and relationship with Mendes is a big reason to this", or words to that effect. The Silva deal and pretty much every deal they do is representive of there business plan, which is to make a profit for fosun/gestifute. Would they ever spend £35m on an 18 year old from an English's clubs Academy? With no links back to Mendes, Gestifute and essentially back to fosun? No, of course they would not.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i did actually hear there was two brothers trying to buy Wolves,
think the name was something like M Bhatti and M Bhatti
Been there, saw that, didn't get the t-shirt cos they didn't pay the suppliers so there were none....

Don Corleone

Reaction score
If they don’t invest this season Bill they won’t make any profit to outstrip anything as we’ll be going down IMO.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is a theory, but it is a legitimate one at that. I don't think any of us should be naïve enough to think if they did not get an offer which represented value for money for them, they would not take it.

I have to laugh at the example of Fabio Silva, being apparently a core example as to why they are looking to invest in Wolves and to show intentions. He is potentially a big asset of the very company they they have a stake in. It is essentially an investment for themselves. Back in 2017 emails were leaked where Shi was quoted as saying "Our trust and relationship with Mendes is a big reason to this", or words to that effect. The Silva deal and pretty much every deal they do is representive of there business plan, which is to make a profit for fosun/gestifute. Would they ever spend £35m on an 18 year old from an English's clubs Academy? With no links back to Mendes, Gestifute and essentially back to fosun? No, of course they would not.
You never believed they'd sign Neves for us. Remember?

Yeshua

Reaction score
The Fan Theory is a load of....

Fosun invest in a multitude of businesses. People need to accept that to Fosun, Wolves is not priority number 1
Yes they are determined to ensure profit is made on their investment and as of today it still is.

They were looking for outside investments as a means to launder revenue and increase the clubs wage structure, as they are keen not to operate at a loss each year.

Problem they are facing is the club isn't bringing in enough money through merchandise ect, to increase the overall wage structure. the pool of player they currently acquire is hard to upgrade on. Transfer fees are less relevant that player wages, and as you shop in a market now of wolves baseline your going to have to pay these players 100+ thousand a week.

And they just do not have the money coming in for the club to self sustain any more players on that type of money, with FFP
so they have to sell to buy. Patricio was supposed to be the highest earner along with Moutiniho, Sa will be on half of what Patricio was earning.

Traore hasn't signed a new deal and will be wanting a significant upgrade his contract and they have to decide if he is worth that compared to what the market is offering.

The Nuno model worked exceptionally well in having a small squad because it allowed the club to have high quality players on a high wage in comparison to the clubs revenue capabilities, if you want to bolster that squad out with the same quality or better of player you are talking additional millions per year and the club cannot afford that.

as an investment firm they aren't interested in operating at a loss year in year out, and have perhaps found there marketing strategies in China and other nations less than they had expected.

One method you may suggest is to heavily invest in playing staff take a loss perform well on the pitch and grow the brand based upon success on the pitch. This method is reckless and the risk reward isn't worth it as we have seen with other teams that have collapsed from the premier league. LEEDS, PORTSMOUTH

Buying young players with high potential who are almost but not quite first team ready is probably the smartest way to conduct business, Fabio Silva, Ait Nouri, Neto, Mosquera, Hoever, ect will come in on a lower wages with room to grow the club on and off the pitch. Look at it as a stock market

This also for the Under 23 signings they make, if they signed 10 under 23s this summer all for half a million, sent them all out on loan for a couple of seasons and then sold them all for a couple million they have made profits.

These are things Fosun have to do to continue to grow the club, its halted a meteoric rise to the top of the premier league.

But the club under this ownership has Premier league stability for the first time in the history of the premier league and this is something we as fans should appreciate.

Something we can be sure of is the investment and market strategies are in the hands of people far superior in footballing and business knowledge than ourselves and the demand from Fosun is for the club to be on a trajectory of continuous growth

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You don't think given the fee, Fabio is a high risk investment?

Back
Top Bottom