Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

A call for calm!

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I propose that wetting and clapping be official recognised on this forum. This is the only way that those afflicted can be given the support of their fellow pack. The Mutchy Scale ( An ode to our wonderful Moderator) will rate on severity 1-10 with 10 being extreme and 0 being minimal. Recommendation for those hitting 8-10 be sent to the chill-out zone.

I am offering three categores which are thus.

- Delusional Wetting / Clapping
Those who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about in respect of a football team.

- Emotional Wetting / Clapping
Those who may have a personality trait or be influenced by external factors such as demonic possession, substance misuse or having Watching the Albion play recently that will predispose them to post in a certain way.

- Contextual Wetting / Clapping
Those who will tend to run before they walk or walk when they should be running.
Lost it at demonic possession, cracked me up!

Last edited:

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
to play devils advocate a little is not calling for calm after a few critical posts after a poor performance as much as an over reaction as to the state of the general opinion of where we are as those making those opinions felt ? The forum has always been awash with people venting their disappointment frustrations after a loss and a poor performance. Not many of the negative comments are totally without any justification, though often they are expressed without any. Its a matter of balance and not taking any one remark in isolation from others. Reading across the whole spectrum of views expressed on here I feel the mood is generally still positive but that people can see area we need to improve on to progress and that we are not there yet and visible progress is maybe a little slower than some would like. It is generally those with the strongest views for and against that post the most. on the support for Nuno thread 87%+ trust that the manager is doing the right things and will take us forwards. I'm sure quite a few of those have also posted negative remarks about players, Nuno and performances in particular matches.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
to play devils advocate a little is not calling for calm after a few critical posts after a poor performance as much as an over reaction as to the state of the general opinion of where we are as those making those opinions felt ? The forum has always been awash with people venting their disappointment frustrations after a loss and a poor performance. Not many of the negative comments are totally without any justification, though often they are expressed without any. Its a matter of balance and not taking any one remark in isolation from others. Reading across the whole spectrum of views expressed on here I feel the mood is generally still positive but that people can see area we need to improve on to progress and that we are not there yet and visible progress is maybe a little slower than some would like. It is generally those with the strongest views for and against that post the most. on the support for Nuno thread 87%+ trust that the manager is doing the right things and will take us forwards. I'm sure quite a few of those have also posted negative remarks about players, Nuno and performances in particular matches.
Potentially yes. Ultimately I was responding to what I saw on the mix that day and over a period of time, which to me seemed increased polarisation and the inability to debate, rather than shout.
Maybe I have had a different experience and it’s not really so bad.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Different opinions is what makes life tick.Not to mention a forum which is the exact place to express those different point of views.
I don´t understand this longing for some uniform opinion at all.
Let´s continue to fight our respective corners.
It´s alot more healthy than the alternative.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
. Nuno isn’t happy , but he will sort it out .
I think a lot of people miss this. We know Nuno isn't happy with the performances, luckily he's in the best position to sort it out. But it's not like one of our old scrapheap managers who came out after every drab game saying we were good and fully deserved a win when every man, woman and dog could see different. Nuno isn't oblivious to under par performances, yet some speak as if he doesn't know when we've played poorly - even though he admits it in post match interviews!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a lot of people miss this. We know Nuno isn't happy with the performances, luckily he's in the best position to sort it out. But it's not like one of our old scrapheap managers who came out after every drab game saying we were good and fully deserved a win when every man, woman and dog could see different. Nuno isn't oblivious to under par performances, yet some speak as if he doesn't know when we've played poorly - even though he admits it in post match interviews!

Ah, that's why he was seen buying Pampers the other day. I think Nuno is a bit miserable about playing behind closed doors, lock down, all that difficult stuff. And maybe it's influencing the team mood a bit?

I have absolute faith that Nuno knows when we have played poorly. I have much less faith that many round here do, though.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im going with every single word of that!

Watched Social Dilemma on Netflix last night (well worth a watch). It says that social media has created this, where there is no middle ground on anything any more.

We verge from champions league material to championship on here depending on a particular result.

That's bang on. Social Media has a lot to answer for.

I pop into twitter for a look every now and again and come away with the head in my hands, sobbing at the state of the world and the people in it.

step away from social media and engage with people in the real world. Oh and yeah I get the irony of me saying this on a internet forum but hey you know what I mean.

Every day I try to start up a convo with some random person just for the sake of breaking the ice and it's well worth while. Mind you I could be a stalker :D

Next time your at the gas station or supermarket as someone how their days going

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's bang on. Social Media has a lot to answer for.

I pop into twitter for a look every now and again and come away with the head in my hands, sobbing at the state of the world and the people in it.

step away from social media and engage with people in the real world. Oh and yeah I get the irony of me saying this on a internet forum but hey you know what I mean.

Every day I try to start up a convo with some random person just for the sake of breaking the ice and it's well worth while. Mind you I could be a stalker :D

Next time your at the gas station or supermarket as someone how their days going

Regarding football, I've heard far worse things shouted at matches than I've seen on social media. Something to do with it not being recorded for ever, maybe.

Social media has problems, but it isn't responsible for single handedly lowering global intelligence or raising aggression rates. There always was plenty of aggression and low intelligence out there! "Ryan Bennett should be shot" - heard that at one of our matches last year. And that was just one comment from a guy near us who spent the whole match hurling abuse at Bennett. These "characters" are still common in grounds, aren't they?

Then I also often hear insults yelled out in the street - cyclists at pedestrians, car drivers at cyclists and so on. Only yesterday some woman was effing and blinding at her kids in the supermarket... social media hasn't done anything but bring out to the whole world what was there but hidden and only seen locally before.

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Different opinions is what makes life tick.Not to mention a forum which is the exact place to express those different point of views.
I don´t understand this longing for some uniform opinion at all.

In my opinion, it's not the different opinions that are the issue. It's personal attacks on those who have the different opinions. Posts that don't contain much opinion on Wolves, but lots of snidey comments towards those who hold a different opinion.

Back
Top Bottom