Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

A.C. Milan banned

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
that'll start to ruffle a few feathers across europe, wonder who else is worrying about a ban?

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Banned from European football for 2 years for breach of FFP

D

Deleted member 4722

andre silva coming to wolves may be this is what wolves have been waiting for ? could get him on the cheap come on mr mendes do your thing

D

Deleted member 3751

So they can appeal to court of arbitration for sport but would a fire sale make any real difference for them?

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So they can appeal to court of arbitration for sport but would a fire sale make any real difference for them?

AC have either got it in hand or we've never made a bid.

D

Deleted member 3751

AC have either got it in hand or we've never made a bid.
What I'm saying is while they can appeal the FFP decision, does it really mean they'll sell players? Because the decision has been made. Getting in line with FFP now could be futile

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they don't get right with FFP (and sell players) will there be further repercussions? Transfer Ban? Points?

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I'm saying is while they can appeal the FFP decision, does it really mean they'll sell players? Because the decision has been made. Getting in line with FFP now could be futile
I suppose it could work in our favour if this increases the pressure on them to put their house in order?

N

nicko69

Apart from no Europa League this season (which they will have to accept), Milan won't have to sell players in a rush.
I cannot see anyone they want to keep being sold in the next few weeks. Maybe January?

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just hark back to 2013, only 5 years ago, when we were just about to embark on the journey to League 1 glory.
Would anyone here have even noticed that Milan got a ban?
Or even thought of ways we could take advantage?

Oh how times have changed.

Yippee kay ey mother lovers.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just hark back to 2013, only 5 years ago, when we were just about to embark on the journey to League 1 glory.
Would anyone here have even noticed that Milan got a ban?
Or even thought of ways we could take advantage?

Oh how times have changed.

Yippee kay ey mother lovers.
Indeed. Hopefully a sign of some changes in the football order to come, though as it's a club like AC I'm expecting that the ban will melt away on appeal.

D

Deleted member 4023

Can’t see them going the way of Parma or Fiorentina anytime soon

W

WednesfieldWolf

Does this really have any knock on effect with us potentially signing Silva?

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I get you. I wasn't disagreeing just making an observation that if they needed to meet FFP we'd have probably struck a deal, they avoid it and this goes away.

To find themselves in this predicament means that (in my opinion) there's nobody in for him, or at least nobody who's made a suitable bid. Either that or they're confident that they can contest and win an appeal. AC not being able to compete in Europe is huge and I can't see it happening by accident.

I'm VERY suspicious.
I also believe that BREXIT won't happen. In fact I'm adamant that it won't and said so the same day it was voted for.

T

TheWiseWolf

None so deaf as those that will not hear. None so blind as those that will not see.

Have we signed Silva yet?

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva really hasn’t done anything for Portugal nor Milan for me

I've not really followed him or his career.

...But... Man Utd used to have a production line of players who were introduced to first team action and whilst surrounded by talent they shone or more accurately at least reflected some glory. Anyone prepared not to get swept away by someone telling you what your eyes hadn't seen, would have known these players were bang average (at best).

I'm not saying that's the case with Silva ... But it may be. It's certainly the case with players like the lad who scored for Man Utd on his debut against villa i think... So good I can't recall his name.

Emperor's New clothes.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or maybe Silva to Monaco and Falcao to Wolves?

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Least of their current problems. They owe Elliot (hedgie) 300m for a bridge loan used to finance the owners purchase of the club. They have failed to meet a deadline this week and Elliot could stick them in the Italian form of administration. Their owner does not have a pot to **** in. Well done Silvio. You picked a great guy to hand your baby to.

Just an update.... Elliott (a hedge fund) have taken full control over AC Milan this morning after the owner defaulted on debts. They are going to inject euro 50m to stabilize the 'company' buit have said they will "ensure the club is well capitalized and look to run a sustainable operating model that respects UEFA Financial Fair Play regulations".

In order to do this they will have to sell some players.......

S

ShropshireLad

Banned from European football for 2 years for breach of FFP
If a player wants to leave AC Milan because they can't play European footie then they're not likely to come to us. If however, they think we will be playing in the Champions League/Europe the following season then that's good enough for me given my 14-1 bet that we'll be in the top 6. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just an update.... Elliott (a hedge fund) have taken full control over AC Milan this morning after the owner defaulted on debts. They are going to inject euro 50m to stabilize the 'company' buit have said they will "ensure the club is well capitalized and look to run a sustainable operating model that respects UEFA Financial Fair Play regulations".

In order to do this they will have to sell some players.......
They can have Villa as well in a BOGOF

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno said in his ! Let's do it again vidio,players they buy will have to want to play for Wolves.Doubt we will buy Silva if that's the case,and rightly so in my opinion.Which ay worth a lot I know.:p

Back
Top Bottom