Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

65%

binners

Reaction score
Of our points total have come from London teams. Why is that?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our style is a bit more suited , we have technical and smaller players , none of the London clubs seem to play with as much physicality and energy as the ‘ fast and furious bruiser brigade ‘ from up North !

binners

Reaction score
Our style is a bit more suited , we have technical and smaller players , none of the London clubs seem to play with as much physicality and energy as the ‘ fast and furious bruiser brigade ‘ from up North !
Is the answer i was looking for

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many '****neys' play for London teams? Kane? Any more? How many lads from Wolvo and the Black Country have we got in our first team squad?

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
+1.

A load of soft-ass Dandies…..over intoxicated with the false reality of the ‘Landan Look’

Have little will when facing up to a discomforting challenge.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many '****neys' play for London teams? Kane? Any more? How many lads from Wolvo and the Black Country have we got in our first team squad?
Mark Noble, probably most of the Chavski kids, Rice, Winks.... Doubtless, though l can't be bothered checking, some at Flum and Palace.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be a ****ney don’t you need to have been born within ear shot of the Bow bells?

I would imagine there are very few that can claim that playing regularly in the PL.

Just because you’re born and or live in London doesn’t make you a ****ney. Despite various Londoner’s wishing they were.

jeb01

Reaction score
To be a ****ney don’t you need to have been born within ear shot of the Bow bells?

I would imagine there are very few that can claim that playing regularly in the PL.

Just because you’re born and or live in London doesn’t make you a ****ney. Despite various Londoner’s wishing they were.
In an idle moment (too many of those at present) I looked it up and according to the East London Society the traditional ****ney is born within the sound of the bells of St Mary Le Bow, Cheapside.

Tests were carried out in 2000. These bells could be heard 6 miles to the east; 4 to the west; 5 to the north; and 3 to the south, which must cover a significant part of Lannan, including most of the East End.
So there.
Think on.

LaurenceHenry

Reaction score
And out of all those supposed **** teams you mention all are above us except for Fulham. So what is your conclusion as to how we are then?
well it was a joke obviously. I don't have any explanation for it other than coincidence, or maybe there's a softness to those teams (bar west ham) as someone else suggested.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This. ****neys are notoriously soft, even if originating from Brazil and France. Spend a few hours in the snowflake capital of the world and you ingest the spirit of the air.

It's a bit like Jota eyeing up hubcaps.

D

Deleted member 8913

Maybe then the club should do like Dons and move ( not to Milton Keynes though)from west midlands because we sure got sodomized by the baggies and vile.

we need to find a spot with a large catchment area of shandy drinking pussies who will pay hundreds of pounds for a ticket and fill a 50,000 seat stadium every game, and don’t know the lyrics to the liquidator ( or have chelsea cornered that market?)

or we could move around and be the wanderers ...

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
well it was a joke obviously. I don't have any explanation for it other than coincidence, or maybe there's a softness to those teams (bar west ham) as someone else suggested.
Many moons ago when Hendon football club played just down the road I took my son to see them play. Many of the Hendon fans were singing to the opposion you're crap and you know you are ...repeated.....when finally they stopped one lonely voice was heard singing you're crap and you're beating us. Its how us football fans are. The only problem is if we take it too seriously Years back people caould laugh at themselves before the snowflakes began to fall gently from the heavens and binment didn't get the sack for kicking a snowman.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've got 3.8% of our points from teams in the North East, why is that?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes, my friend, I am well aware of the traditions surrounding the meaning of the term. But '****ney' these days is widely and loosely used for anybody from London, just like 'Brummie' is by people from outside the West Midlands to refer to anybody who comes from an area up to 20 miles outside Birmingham, including Wolverhampton.

The fact is, though, that any real link between top football teams and the communities they supposedly represent has been lost, in this country anyway. How many of Wolves current1st team squad were born in Wolvo or the surrounding area? MGW is one, any others?

Twas not always thus. In the 1950s/60s Wolves had quite a number: Bert Williams, Johnny Hancocks, Bill Shorthouse, Norman Deeley, Gerry Harris, George Showell, Barry Stobart, Bobby Mason, Bobby Thomson, Ted Farmer, Phil Parkes --- all first-teamers born within about10 miles of Molineux. Stan Cullis and Billy Wright from a bit further afield, but not much.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In an idle moment (too many of those at present) I looked it up and according to the East London Society the traditional ****ney is born within the sound of the bells of St Mary Le Bow, Cheapside.

Tests were carried out in 2000. These bells could be heard 6 miles to the east; 4 to the west; 5 to the north; and 3 to the south, which must cover a significant part of Lannan, including most of the East End.
So there.
Think on.
Suggest you look at this site; www.getalife.com ;)

Back
Top Bottom