Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

40 points!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone says that 40 points is the safety threshold, but has a team ever gone down from the Premier League with 40 points?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone says that 40 points is the safety threshold, but has a team ever gone down from the Premier League with 40 points?

Blackpool and Birmingham went down on 39 the season we stayed up with Hunt's late goal v Blackburn. We ended up on 40 points, so that season, 40 points was the safety threshold.
I can see it being 35 or 36 points needed this season as none of them are as truly abysmal as Sheff U/Albion/Fulham last season.

lyechris

Groupie
Reaction score
Teams only start to get threatened at 39 points if there is a particularly low pointed team. That's not the case this year, what is interesting is that relegation battle, burnley and Watford both put a performance in this week whilst villa are bang out of form with the next six being tough for them. This year could go all the way with 6 or 7 in contention for the droo on the final day!

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Teams only start to get threatened at 39 points if there is a particularly low pointed team. That's not the case this year, what is interesting is that relegation battle, burnley and Watford both put a performance in this week whilst villa are bang out of form with the next six being tough for them. This year could go all the way with 6 or 7 in contention for the droo on the final day!

I ay sin their next opponents,but shirley if they are playing the likes of spurs,Wet spam or Arsenal.We need em to win.DOW WE.Well I do.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Had a good feeling about this season, Neto back can hopefully increase our chance creation and we can get 6th i think. Performance level would have to be upped but they are capable of it

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
21/22 P24 PTS 40
20/21 P32 PTS 41 (total 45)
19/20 P28 PTS 42 (total 59)
18/19 P27 PTS 40 (total 57)

Continue at same pts per game leads to 63.

Continue at pace of last 21 games leads to 67.

Fantastic achievement. Well done Bruno, well done Fosun, well done the players.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a good feeling about this season, Neto back can hopefully increase our chance creation and we can get 6th i think. Performance level would have to be upped but they are capable of it
We may score from inside the box then, which would be brilliant considering we have a great defence! :D ;)

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'll gladly admit I was wrong. I thought we'd struggle this season, especially with an injury or two in midfield

We've kept Neves and Moutinho fit thankfully, and never looked like we'd be in trouble even after the bad start

Well done Bruno and everyone else

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll gladly admit I was wrong. I thought we'd struggle this season, especially with an injury or two in midfield

We've kept Neves and Moutinho fit thankfully, and never looked like we'd be in trouble even after the bad start

Well done Bruno and everyone else

Yes, I will also put my hand up. I thought we would struggle for goals and be lucky to get 15th - I was very wrong on the 15th prediction - not so far out on the problem scoring goals.

All credit to Lage and his staff and of course the players. I would like to see two or three quality additions in the summer. But we are building a very good team.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I will also put my hand up. I thought we would struggle for goals and be lucky to get 15th - I was very wrong on the 15th prediction - not so far out on the problem scoring goals.

All credit to Lage and his staff and of course the players. I would like to see two or three quality additions in the summer. But we are building a very good team.
Definitely signs more lately of the goals issue being sorted out

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I originally predicted a top 6 finish. Mainly because I'm a hopeless optimist but also because Lages stats in winning the league in Portugal were impressive.
Without wishing to bump up the Prediction thread and muddy those waters, I can only imagine the vast majority of us were very very very wrong when it came to Wolves this season
@Chris H do we all look like Muppets?

Back
Top Bottom