Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

2017 Africa Cup of Nations

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I'm wondering how this tournament might affect us between mid-Jan and early Feb.

Nigeria isn't in the last 16 so Ikeme and Enobakhare aren't affected, though might we lose:
Dicko to the Mali squad?
Saiss to the Moroccan squad?

Anyone else eligible to go?

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Think that's it, Dicko and Saiss. I would say Saiss is very likely to go, having been a regular in the Moroccan squad of late. Dicko, who knows? Ikeme's Nigeria and Oniangue's Congo both failed to qualify. Unfortunate for them, but good news for us.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Dicko will go. Saiss looks nailed on. Another reason to get a central midfielder in during January.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, its isn't like we would miss Nouha's goals atm. His chances of being selected have got to have taken a hit, but I think it could be good for him to go there and get some games in a different environment and hopefully get back to scoring goals.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Helder Costa is eligible for Angola. Not sure if they qualified, though.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really good news for us that Ikeme isn't going. When is Saiss likely to go? Right at the beginning of January?

B

Benson

Really good news for us that Ikeme isn't going. When is Saiss likely to go? Right at the beginning of January?

Can imagine he is available for us next 2 home games, knackered and rested v Sheff W away, and then leave.

Jan 7: Stoke away, Cup
Jan 14: Villa home
Jan 21: Norwich away
Jan 28: Cup or postponed or Huddersfield home
Jan 31: Barnsley away
Feb 4: Burton away
Feb 11: Newcastle home

Group stage Jan 14-25. Players in teams knocked out there might be back for Jan 31 and Barnsley away.
Others Burton, or Newcastle if they reach semi finals.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do they have it every two years ffs.
Because they are a different continent and they'll do things their own way. It's not like European clubs aren't aware of this when signing African international players.

Back
Top Bottom