Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

10th

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good enough?

In August, absolutely yes.

In March, absolutely no.

Failure to beat Norwich was terminal and cost us 4 mill.

Can Bruno turn it around?
Yes yes absolutely yes but his body language at the final whistle may have suggested he won’t be here next season. I hope he his

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would’ve snapped your hand off for 10th in August, but given the position we were in at the start of February and the form since then it’s an absolute collapse to allow that amount of points to be gained on us. Shocking. Not all on Bruno, bad decisions in the recruitment office too. Bruno’s inability to turn around the slide, at all, is very concerning though.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In August, I would have taken 10th.

But somebody or somebodies need to be held accountable for this run of performances and points (lack of) yield.
Add in £2.2m per league position. (It makes the season ticket income peanuts)
And during this run we couldn’t muster 7 extra ****ing points … 7 ****ing points to make the Europa League.
Add in the shafting from Barca over Adama.

Are Fosun/ Jeff satisfied with the above? Was it engineered?

Looking at the final table ****ing fuming.

Paddy Wolf

Reaction score
How good it feels to be disappointed with a top 10 Premier League finish.
Any talk of Top 6 was optimistic. The league table flattered us for the first part of the season when we were propped up by a great defensive record. We need some new blood if we're to be a proper European level team but there'll be more competition for signings than ever before.
I think we're yet to see a proper Bruno team. He deserves to be backed properly. The last two transfer windows were a shambles.
Roll on next season.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Horrendous last quarter of season. Owners cannot be happy with losing out on £4m, I'm proper ****ed about it.
In reality not so long ago we were in a strong position to finish 6th - the difference between 6th and 10th is almost 9 million quid.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno's 1st season was one of success in my book.. Top 10 in Premier League and beating little Aston Villa Home & Away :)

Could possibly do much better next season if backed by Fosun Jeff Shi and the board.

Always look on the bright side of life :)

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent season, obvs slowed down in the end but respectable place.

7th,7th,13th,10th.

Not a bad return best since the early 70s for consistency? Even that tailed off.

Keep at it boys.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Objectively decent league position but I don't see why Lage gets to stay. He's made mistake after mistake, fallen out with dressing room, criticised young players in public, we have reports of multiple valuable youngsters wanting out, we almost never get points after going a goal down, and endless crazy team selections.

We have no identity and basically the only thing he did was continue Nuno's style. Even that fell apart in the second half of the season and for which he had no answers whatsoever - and which is when he fell out with the players. Even today - puts on an obscenely out of form player instead of FOUR much better players, one of whom is in great form.

The club did make his life difficult and he does deserve some credit but the direction is very, very clearly strongly downwards. We've seen nothing which indicates he should be backed IMV. He did a job which was to continue Nuno ball, but he couldn't keep it going. Not all his fault but he must take a decent share of it.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good enough?

In August, absolutely yes.

In March, absolutely no.

Failure to beat Norwich was terminal and cost us 4 mill.

Can Bruno turn it around?
Leeds was the one for me, and I'm still annoyed with Raul for his rush of blood.
On a yellow, 2 goals up and he does that.
It's also my belief that that that result flowed through the next games.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we lament that the club didn't back Bruno but could it well be the case that didn't want to give money to a man they didn't trust?

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we lament that the club didn't back Bruno but could it well be the case that didn't want to give money to a man they didn't trust?
You got it **** about face as we say in the black country.. It's Jeff Shi that Fosun don't trust anymore with the money and big bucks after Fabio deal!

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You got it **** about face as we say in the black country.. It's Jeff Shi that Fosun don't trust anymore with the money and big bucks after Fabio deal!
as I understand it Shi was promoted sometime in the recent past to
Fosun Senior Assistant President and Chairman of Fosun Sports Group
as well as being Wolves` Exec Chairman.
I know Fosun can be ruthless but at the moment Shi appears to be in favour with Guo

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun wrote off the loan? So there is no more money from them, just money Wolves make, I don't think those in power trust Bruno to be the man to have that spending power.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Experienced, quality players in Neves, Moutinho, Saiss, Traore and Raul may not be here. Those are all big boots to fill IMO and the exodus of fans favourites may be catastrophic. In the plus side we should see mgw, a fit Neto, more of chiquino and maybe one or two others with potential return to the fray.
Dont know how I feel about Bruno. It's a wierd one because I would be surprised if he really feels the likes of Hwang and Trincao are a winning hand, but unfortunately these are the cards he has been dealt to play to some degree. You could say he has done well in spite of the limitations.
Hopefully Fosun will listen to Bruno and bless us with some players that can actually play the Bruno way and can handle the top flight.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Fosun wrote off the loan? So there is no more money from them, just money Wolves make, I don't think those in power trust Bruno to be the man to have that spending power.
Do you genuinely think any manager we have does the recruitment or spending its Jeff, Sellars, Mendes and I only trust one of those and it isn’t Jeff or Sellars. Keep saying you don’t trust Bruno or whoever makes no difference to who we sign tbf

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its an odd one. I'd have taken 10th before the season started, but i think its a failure based on where we got to half way through the season. You cant take any positives really from our dismal run of form in the last 17 or 18 games. Its not good enough really.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Its an odd one. I'd have taken 10th before the season started, but i think its a failure based on where we got to half way through the season. You cant take any positives really from our dismal run of form in the last 17 or 18 games. Its not good enough really.
So if we had been **** at the start but good at the end and finished 10th that would be ok?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if we had been **** at the start but good at the end and finished 10th that would be ok?

You cant deflect a poor run of form by just reversing it to suit your argument. We have been every bit as woeful as we were last season. It wasnt good enough in 2020/21, and its not good enough now.

But to answer your question, i do think if we showed improvement and our form got better as we went along, then yep, that would totally be OK because you would actually be showing progression as a team instead of regressing like we have been.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh the 13 games and 2 10 ish min sub appearances.

You said he didnt play him. He clearly did.

I personally would have played him a little more but you could easily argue he may not quite have been ready at the time to be thrown into a dogfight, which we were in at the time.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

You cant deflect a poor run of form by just reversing it to suit your argument. We have been every bit as woeful as we were last season. It wasnt good enough in 2020/21, and its not good enough now.

But to answer your question, i do think if we showed improvement and our form got better as we went along, then yep, that would totally be OK because you would actually be showing progression as a team instead of regressing like we have been.
Perhaps that imo I think 10th against the quality of the league this year and the quality we have in our squad I think 10th is about right especially after the pathetic backing we got and even weakening an already tired squad that desperately needed a refresh in the summer window.
I am just think get the players required and it will be totally different next year in a good way. Perhaps it’s the players then and not the manager if it happens under Nuno and now Bruno.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps that imo I think 10th against the quality of the league this year and the quality we have in our squad I think 10th is about right especially after the pathetic backing we got and even weakening an already tired squad that desperately needed a refresh in the summer window.
I am just think get the players required and it will be totally different next year in a good way.

You arent wrong when you say we need players, but you simply cant ignore the regression, performances and results of the team over a sustained period of time. Its been around 18 games or so, thats not far off half the season in the scheme of things.

And as much as he is copping it from all angles, you cant really ignore his obsession with Hwang. He's shocking. He's actually mirrored the team in that he started fairly well and has got worse and worse as the season has gone on. I've seen some poor players for this club and while i wouldnt put him in the same calibre as the likes of Hansbury, Eli and Chapman in terms of ability, he is every bit as bad in other ways.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

You arent wrong when you say we need players, but you simply cant ignore the regression, performances and results of the team over a sustained period of time. Its been around 18 games or so, thats not far off half the season in the scheme of things.

And as much as he is copping it from all angles, you cant really ignore his obsession with Hwang. He's shocking. He's actually mirrored the team in that he started fairly well and has got worse and worse as the season has gone on. I've seen some poor players for this club and while i wouldnt put him in the same calibre as the likes of Hansbury, Eli and Chapman in terms of ability, he is every bit as bad in other ways.
Technically we progressed 13th playing **** to 10th playing **** with virtually the same bunch of players minus our only attacking bit of excitement that was basically given away on loan for free.

Hwang is **** no more needs to be said he looks like a competition winner.

Nuno got 18 months of **** performances from the same players before FOSUN swapped him for Bruno but at least Nuno had got the squad he wanted within reason, mainly because of the 2018 summer window. I just think Bruno deserves backing properly to really be able to judge someone. That’s just my opinion everyones will differ.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd have taken 10th at the start of the season. I think an improvement from last season was demanded and that represents an improvement.

8th place would have been a big improvement from last season and having sat there for so long it's a bit disappointing to get pipped on the last day.

Yes there are quetions over the style and our ability to score goals which has been a problem for us for a long as I can remember bar a few purple patches. We've never been a team that could go and knock out easy 3, 4, 5-0 wins.

I'm prepared to make allowances for Bruno on the style of play due to the lack of support he's had in terms of transfers. I've seen some attacking potential this season but not enough of it and I think with better support and players to fit his style there's a decent manager in there somewhere trying to get out.

The allowances are not unqualified and I do think Hwang signing permanently would be a mistake. Started off well but since his return from injury he's been pretty woeful.

All in all, disappointing end, significant room for improvement. Are we where we're supposed to be based on the season as a whole? Meh, probably about right.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Technically we progressed 13th playing **** to 10th playing **** with virtually the same bunch of players minus our only attacking bit of excitement that was basically given away on loan for free.

Hwang is **** no more needs to be said he looks like a competition winner.

Nuno got 18 months of **** performances from the same players before FOSUN swapped him for Bruno but at least Nuno had got the squad he wanted within reason, mainly because of the 2018 summer window. I just think Bruno deserves backing properly to really be able to judge someone. That’s just my opinion everyones will differ.

We arent talking about last season. We are talking about this season and how we have gone over the whole campaign. You cant seriously think our form over the last half of the season has shown any signs of progression. We have gone backwards. We leak goals for fun, we cant score, we dont even play well the majority of the time. The only promising thing i can say we have seen from the second half of the season is Chiquinho who has shown if he got used a little more we had a more than adequate replacement for the bloke who wouldnt sign a contract and wanted to leave anyway.

The way we have fallen away and failed to get up for games is damning not just on the players but on Lage himself. For the second time in his career as a head coach, he has failed to find any answers when things go wrong. Thats ringing alarm bells for me personally.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have taken 10th at the start of the season. I think an improvement from last season was demanded and that represents an improvement.

8th place would have been a big improvement from last season and having sat there for so long it's a bit disappointing to get pipped on the last day.

Yes there are quetions over the style and our ability to score goals which has been a problem for us for a long as I can remember bar a few purple patches. We've never been a team that could go and knock out easy 3, 4, 5-0 wins.

I'm prepared to make allowances for Bruno on the style of play due to the lack of support he's had in terms of transfers. I've seen some attacking potential this season but not enough of it and I think with better support and players to fit his style there's a decent manager in there somewhere trying to get out.

The allowances are not unqualified and I do think Hwang signing permanently would be a mistake. Started off well but since his return from injury he's been pretty woeful.

All in all, disappointing end, significant room for improvement. Are we where we're supposed to be based on the season as a whole? Meh, probably about right.

Positionally, we have improved from last season. Nobody can argue that as its black and white. Performance wise, i think we have ended up playing just as badly tbh. From where we were and the opportunity we had to kick on a bit, i still see 10th as a failure.

Writer Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
10th is about right. I don't think we deserved 8th after our recent collapse in form and dull football. I was amazed we managed to stay in that position for so long.

With Newcastle potentially making a Big 7 in the premier league soon, I think 8th to 13th is going to be our hunting ground for the foreseeable future unless significant plans are afoot by Fosun to push us higher.

An occasional 6th or 7th and a foray into Europe will be the highlights. I'd have loved this prediction when we were struggling in the Championship.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3CF7AB94-8A9E-4E93-819A-80F31A87E10A.png448431D0-9ABD-4CAC-A717-088B631BA557.png
Equivalent to 7,460 North/South Bank season tickets.

Just hold that thought, the value of 7,460 hard working, inflation battling season ticket holders just ****ed up the wall, just like that.
it makes a mockery of the justification for price increases.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member sbk12944

We arent talking about last season. We are talking about this season and how we have gone over the whole campaign. You cant seriously think our form over the last half of the season has shown any signs of progression. We have gone backwards. We leak goals for fun, we cant score, we dont even play well the majority of the time. The only promising thing i can say we have seen from the second half of the season is Chiquinho who has shown if he got used a little more we had a more than adequate replacement for the bloke who wouldnt sign a contract and wanted to leave anyway.

The way we have fallen away and failed to get up for games is damning not just on the players but on Lage himself. For the second time in his career as a head coach, he has failed to find any answers when things go wrong. Thats ringing alarm bells for me personally.
No the last 3rd/half has been poor but the current players have played no different to the last 12-18months under Nuno. So is it both managers or is it the players. I’d doubt any manager would make a difference without fresh blood.

At the end of the day it’s going to be a long summer possibly for those that want Bruno gone. There’s no point repeating it everyday (not aimed at you), Il probably take a break from posting unless we sign someone or something happens. Football under VAR is killing itself for me so I am happy for the close season personally. It’s all about opinions though.

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the amount of goals we scored, 10th isn't good enough for me. I think the collapse was coming. Yes, we should have got a midfielder in and kept traore, but Cundle and Chiquinho played well when asked for, and we barely played them again. It will be interesting to see what happens in the summer.
We played some nice stuff at times yesterday. I really think we would have battered them if Neto would have lasted the 90.
I think we have a lot of talented young players to build a team around. The core needs tweaking. Personally, I think that should include Lage. I think if we don't do it now it will be 10 weeks into the next season. Plenty more fish in the sea.

Back
Top Bottom