Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

10th

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly where we should be really. We are the classic midtable team.

I'll take it again next season though

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Three months ago, we were talked about as having a genuine chance of European football, even Champion' League, although that was fanciful. The last two or three months have been horrendous and from a personal pov, haven't watched much. Today, I preferred to watch City than Wolves. Says a lot about my thoughts regarding 10th. Surprised we were only caught by Brighton and Leicester as Newcastle, Palace and even Brentford looked as though they might catch us.

Roll on the summer and a revitalisation of Wolves and our style of play.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointed given what we could have done. Not surprised at all that Leicester passed us, i said as much a month or two ago. Brighton is a bit of a kick in the nuts though.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Newcastle only finished 2 points behind us. I don't know how we can compete with them in the long term with the huge gulf in resources.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The big question is - what happened in February?
Was it letting Traore go? Injuries? Unrest within the camp?
Something clearly did.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Combination of a dreadful and shameful January transfer window and puzzling and bizarre tactics etc by the head coach in far too many games since January. We could have finished in 7th easily this season but have thrown it away with a combination of dreadful January transfer window and the head coach making strange decisions in too many games.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We couldn’t beat Norwich over 3 games which says a lot to me.

Norwich lost 5-0 at home today and we scored one goal in 270 minutes against one of the worst Premier League teams in history.

8th place (or higher) was there for the taking weeks and weeks ago. We have blown it big time and questions have to be asked, starting with the manager, followed by our chairman, followed by Scott Sellars and ultimately our owners.

So disappointing.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things and from how the season started - Top 10, 3 places higher than 2020/2021 and 6 points better is solid.

Our last quarter of the campaign however was extremely annoying and to be 7 points off 6 makes it even more frustrating!
Top ten is fine, the manner in which we done it, is of serious concern. Form from February through March was mid table - I can accept that. Form since April has been appalling - I'm not even considering the matches v the top three either.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If offered 10th last summer, I think most would have been fairly content, but in context of how the season has played out, specifically the drop in form over the final part of the season, it isn’t good enough.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes 10th is better than 13th but over the last 14 games we have taken 11 points out of a possible 42, if we carry that over into next season then there is only one way we will go and thats down, the backroom ie Shi and Sellers need to take a long hard look at the part that they have played in this, today alone they have cost the club £4+ million, If Bruno wont stand up to these two and demand that he gets what we need he is going to get sacked, thats if the decision hasnt already been made. Bruno has to grow some balls for the sake of the team/club we need players that are ready now not £35 million might be,s.
Ps, I hope Pedros injury is not a recurrence of the kneecap injury because if it is I fear for him and us.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could someone post the table from after we beat Villa? Think we were a lot of points clear of 9th

Also - @jwolfie91 - I know our stats are bad for this season. How do they compare to last year?

SmittyWolf

Reaction score
I can't say that 10th place is a disappointment, but it seems like the depth of the squad or the team selection has knobbled our own ambition... if the ambition is to improve, then that should mean at every opportunity to improve, not just at the end of the season. Let's not tread water, let's kick on for euro

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see the club progressing with Large in charge. Just one completely bizarre selection after another. The failure to progress the younger players is a particular concern. We need a fresh start.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

We couldn’t beat Norwich over 3 games which says a lot to me.

Norwich lost 5-0 at home today and we scored one goal in 270 minutes against one of the worst Premier League teams in history.

8th place (or higher) was there for the taking weeks and weeks ago. We have blown it big time and questions have to be asked, starting with the manager, followed by our chairman, followed by Scott Sellars and ultimately our owners.

So disappointing.
Christ! Why not sell the club and go and have Bilston Town as the main club in Wolverhampton. Sheesh..

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to admit that 10th is far better than I expected at the start of the season but major disappointment as the season has progressed, have no faith in either the coach or senior management and hoping, unrealistically i know, for some fundamental changes. With no real change fear for next season.
Probably gone over the top with my rants about Hwang and Bruno today, so apologies. Disappointing end to a challenging season, hopefully we'll all be back in July with renewed hope.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Three months ago, we were talked about as having a genuine chance of European football, even Champion' League, although that was fanciful. The last two or three months have been horrendous and from a personal pov, haven't watched much. Today, I preferred to watch City than Wolves. Says a lot about my thoughts regarding 10th. Surprised we were only caught by Brighton and Leicester as Newcastle, Palace and even Brentford looked as though they might catch us.

Roll on the summer and a revitalisation of Wolves and our style of play.
We were deluded talking about that though.

Granted I didn't expect to have such a poor run and lack of points but we were never a top 6 or 7th side on genuine quality. We've finished about where we should with what we have got

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester are a better club and team than us and their position was a false one for the first half the season, as ours was....

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see the club progressing with Large in charge. Just one completely bizarre selection after another. The failure to progress the younger players is a particular concern. We need a fresh start.
Agreed but the start must be MUCH better…….we had a fresh start last season and , well, I don’t think we improved over what Nuno would have accomplished this season.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We 100 percent should have and completely threw it. If you can't beat Norwich at home...
Norwich - At home , away and in the cup.

Just as we have only beaten Burnley once in Premier League matches. These along with other expose our flaws. We cant take a match to the opposition. We can just really soak up pressure and attack on the break.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In the heat of the moment, 10th is a disapointment.

In the longer view, when the heat of the moment fades and hard numbers take over, 10th is a good season.

A manager was brought in to change our style and approach and was given no changes to the midfield or defence to enable that change. Whoever we want to lay that responsibility on will come down to individual preferences, but that is ultimately what has cost us. People throwing the 4.4 million figure around for what we've lost by dropping to 10th...if it's true we weren't willing to pay an extra 5 million for Botman in the summer, IMV that is the cost.

The same demons that have plagued us for two years came back again. We struggle to break teams down, we don't have clinical players, and we can't play 4 at the back. Bruno has big questions to answer about the team's performances against Brighton, Newcastle and Burnley in the run-in. At the same time it feels shortsighted to me to blame him for issues that have plagued the club for so long. they need to be addressed this summer.

But for all the criticisms...our best four players this season were Sa, Neves, Kilman and Semedo. I don't think it's all that inexplicable our form dropped off when we started losing three of them to injury.

Tough choices ahead. It's time for some loyal, much-loved players to be moved on, and it will significantly change the feel of the dressing room. The close-nit little family we've supported for five years will need to be broken up to an extent. But that's the cost of progress.

I'm happy with 10th in the long view. BUT failure to address the issues in the squad this summer will be inexcusable.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

In the heat of the moment, 10th is a disapointment.

In the longer view, when the heat of the moment fades and hard numbers take over, 10th is a good season.

A manager was brought in to change our style and approach and was given no changes to the midfield or defence to enable that change. Whoever we want to lay that responsibility on will come down to individual preferences, but that is ultimately what has cost us. People throwing the 4.4 million figure around for what we've lost by dropping to 10th...if it's true we weren't willing to pay an extra 5 million for Botman in the summer, IMV that is the cost.

The same demons that have plagued us for two years came back again. We struggle to break teams down, we don't have clinical players, and we can't play 4 at the back. Bruno has big questions to answer about the team's performances against Brighton, Newcastle and Burnley in the run-in. At the same time it feels shortsighted to me to blame him for issues that have plagued the club for so long. they need to be addressed this summer.

But for all the criticisms...our best four players this season were Sa, Neves, Kilman and Semedo. I don't think it's all that inexplicable our form dropped off when we started losing three of them to injury.

Tough choices ahead. It's time for some loyal, much-loved players to be moved on, and it will significantly change the feel of the dressing room. The close-nit little family we've supported for five years will need to be broken up to an extent. But that's the cost of progress.

I'm happy with 10th in the long view. BUT failure to address the issues in the squad this summer will be inexcusable.
Spot on imo

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds (H)
Newcastle (A)
Burnley (A)
Brighton (H)
Norwich (H)

To take a solitary point from those fixtures is so bad it almost becomes impressive.
All 3 of Man Utd, Wolves and West Ham bottled it completely. Finishing 10th stings. Just needed to beat Norwich. Bah.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this season were a food menu in January we were looking at Caviar and by the end of the season it was Aldi's value fish paste !!!!

I have always believed the end of season table does not lie and this season it says " Wolves 10th " and therefore that is where we are.

Back
Top Bottom