Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

v Villa Predictions

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Got to be winning this one. A derby for sure but still it's against a relatively weak PL team.

Progression truly for us is all about being able to deliver wins in situations where it is reasonably expected. Watford are the only 'weak' team we have managed to get 3 points off and it really isn't good enough.

Too many times we've been set to go for it and take maximum points to launch a drive up the table, only for it to not come off......again we have a chance to do so with this game and then use the confidence to do Bournemouth away and get right up there.

I think we'll do it.

3 - 1.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A feisty encounter resulting in a hard-fought 2-1 win to us, maybe..

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite our recent draw fests.. got a good feeling about Sunday. Villa won't come and sit in, Dean Smith will be arrogant enough to think he can come here and play open and try to outplay us, and we'll pick them off. 3-1 win

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re better and at home. It should be a win.

Anything else would be a disappointment.

Another draw it will do my swede in.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's our 3rd best local derby, maybe even 4th if you say Stoke are #3, but a derby nonetheless. So normally expect it to be tight. Happy with a win by the odd goal. But think we will be well up for this on and off the pitch, so predicting 3-0 to the old gold n black. All together now:
**** on the villa
**** on the villa tonight
Ooh aah aah.
**** on the villa
**** on the villa tonight
Ooh aah aah.
**** on the villa
**** on the villa tonight.
Oh we'll **** on the villa
Cos they're a load of shi-I-ite!

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My prediction is that we will hear a piercing, extremely high pitched chant of ‘Veela... Veela’ in broad Black Country accents about 10 minutes after ko :D

Lawndog

Reaction score
Well, according to Rego on WM we could be facing 2 players worth in excess of 50m each....McGinn and Greasy...

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lawrenson has us winning 2-0, so I'm worried.
Can see this being one of those typical games that on paper we should win (particularly if Grealish isn't playing) but will no doubt make it difficult for ourselves... or they'll play out of their skins.

Hoping for a win, but can't help thinking a draw is more likely. For some reason I really don't like that mcginn guy (shifty eyes?) and imagine he'll be influential.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3-1 ask yourself how many of their players you would want in our starting line up

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2-0 Wolves. Diogo and Raul. A complete domination where we should've scored six.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to play aggressively, high press, quick tempo and get bodies in the box. No sitting back and endless sideways passing please. If we do this we will beat them comfortably, by 2 or 3. But it's the kind of opposition we could draw or even lose against if Nuno reverts to the defensive mindset we have seen so often at home. Play on the front foot and we win. Simple as that.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa are very slow at fullback on both sides. Without Boly, we are short in the area where Wesley likes to stalk. I can see them pumping high balls and putting physical pressure on Coady - he struggles against big men.

Villa are expecting to not have Grealish available but John McGinn might have a field day against our slow midfield.

A win for Wolves will very much be dependent on releasing Traore and Jota to run at them and to finish some of the chances that will come thick and fast.

Wolves 3-1 Villa

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to play aggressively, high press, quick tempo and get bodies in the box. No sitting back and endless sideways passing please. If we do this we will beat them comfortably, by 2 or 3. But it's the kind of opposition we could draw or even lose against if Nuno reverts to the defensive mindset we have seen so often at home. Play on the front foot and we win. Simple as that.
Totally agree

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves 4 - 1 Aston Villa.

Nothing more to be said.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, according to Rego on WM we could be facing 2 players worth in excess of 50m each....McGinn and Greasy...
Has WM dropped so far that they consider that possibility a factor?

We face players worth that every week, we have a couple of our own, and the best player who will probably start tomorrow cost 1/10th of that.

I believe some of our players will have extra fire in their bellies tomorrow and will want to exact revenge for the Villa Park game 18 months ago

3-0. Jota, Jota, Traore*

*Who after scoring runs alongside the Steve Bull stand waving his shirt around his head and goading all the Villa fans

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to be honest I’m worried about this one.
They know they’re underdogs and I think they’ll be well up for it.

We are the better team though so hopefully that’ll see us through.

Gonna go 2-1 Wolves

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
2k sellout and prob about 1k in home end

so about 3k wolves fans I’d imagine in Portugal

Pelsallwolf

Reaction score
Wasnt sure where to put it but just incase some people aren't aware the game tomorrow is on sky one which is free I think for sky subscribers at least

Reactions: DPE

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The form book goes out the window for this one. I just hope we have a go from the start. If we have a go at their defence I can see a decent win. I also think we should clatter Grealish early on....not particularly for any footballing reasons.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They concede late goals, we score late goals, so logic says we will win it in the first half, obviously.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I fancy us tomorrow. All we need to do is what we’ve in the last two games, press the ball and allow Ruben play higher.

2-0 Wolves. A Ruben Neves screamer in the first half, and Diogo sends the Southbank ****ing wild on 75. #obsessed to be trending on Twitter in Aston.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be a win more concerned about picking up any injuries which we really can’t afford.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Main concerns for this one are getting overrun if play a midfield 2, and how much Traore and Doc have in the tank after Thursday.

After last 2 more promising first halves, this might be a return to a pedestrian first 45, saving legs, then turn the screw in the 2nd.
I’d make it to half time 0-0, we’ve won.

Locks Heath Wolf

Reaction score
Although a tough game I'd be frustrated with anything less than the 3 points so I'm going for a 2-1 win to us.

Back
Top Bottom