Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. Frank Lincoln

Neil Collins (sacked)

Barnsley have today sacked Neil Collins as their manager with just one game of the season remaining. They are on a bad run, but are still fifth in league one, so it seems strange to sack him now. What is the point of doing this when the season is almost finished?
  2. Frank Lincoln

Billy Kellock - R.I.P.

I was sad to hear that Billy Kellock had passed away aged 70. Although he played most of his games in the lower divisions, Graham Hawkins brought him to Molineux from Luton Town as the final cog in the team that got promoted back to the first division in 1982/83. Although he only played a dozen...
  3. Frank Lincoln

2nd March 1974

Is it really 50 years since I watched Mike Bailey lift the League Cup at Wembley in a never to be forgotten day. Wolves were the underdogs against a very good Manchester City team but goals from Kenny Hibbitt and John Richards saw the Wolves win the cup. I can still remember so many things...
  4. Frank Lincoln

Chris Nicholl.

I was sad to hear that Chris Nicholl has passed away. Best known for his time at Aston Villa and Southampton, Chris was an old school centre half. Hard as nails, but very fair. He also played 40 games for Northern Ireland. In his playing days, Chris was one of the best centre half’s in the...
  5. Frank Lincoln

Mark Kennedy-alive and well.

Mark Kennedy has been sacked by Lincoln City following a run of three games without a win. From an outside viewpoint it seems very harsh, but I suppose we don’t know the real reason. I was hoping Mark would do well at Lincoln, but sadly it wasn’t to be. Hopefully he will be back in work soon. I...
  6. Frank Lincoln

S****horpe United

Another former league club in dire straits. S****horpe United will have to vacate their Glanford Park home after their owner withdrew funding for the football club. The club has issued a statement saying that they will be playing home games at Gainsborough Trinity. The problem is that...
  7. Frank Lincoln

Maddy Cusack

Sheffield United women's player Maddy Cusack has died at the age of just 27. Maddy played over 100 games for the Blades ladies team, and was also a marketing executive for Sheffield United Football Club. It is so terribly sad to hear of a young lady passing away so young, with her life in front...
  8. Frank Lincoln

7 September 1889

On this date 134 years ago, Wolves played their first competitive game at Molineux. They beat Notts County 2 - 0 in front of a crowd of about 4,000. Hopefully, Wolves will be at Molineux for many years to come Happy birthday.
  9. Frank Lincoln

Southend United

Away from the multi million pound world of the premier league, Southend United are in serious trouble. They are under a transfer embargo, and have 42 days to pay off a petition debt. To make matters worse, Southend have had to call off two pre season friendlies as they couldn’t raise a team...
  10. Frank Lincoln

Gordon McQueen R.I.P.

Former Manchester United, Leeds United and Scotland centre half Gordon McQueen has sadly passed away. He was diagnosed with dementia two years ago and this having battled cancer. McQueen was a no nonsense centre half who gave as good as he got. Those of my generation will know that he was a...
  11. Frank Lincoln

Bury FC

The Football Association have confirmed that the name Bury Football Club can once again be used in competition, and a squad for the unified two clubs is ready to start the 2023/24 season in the North West Counties Football League Premier Division with football officially back at Gigg Lane. This...
  12. Frank Lincoln

15th March 1980

I well remember the 1980 League Cup Final. Wolves were the underdogs against Nottingham Forest, the League Cup holders and reigning European champions. But Wolves were victorious thanks to an Andy Gray tap in after a mix up in the Forest defence. What a great day that was.
  13. Frank Lincoln

Mike Bailey - Alive and Well.

Happy 81st birthday to Mike Bailey. He was our captain during those good days in the early ‘70’s. In my time supporting Wolves, Mike is the best captain we have had. He always led by example and was just what we needed to compliment the attacking skills of Dougan, Richards and Hibbitt. Mike wore...
  14. Frank Lincoln

Howard Webb

Webb has got a big job on his hands sorting out the abomination that is VAR. He has been on the phone again this weekend offering groveling apologies, this time to Chelsea and Brighton. He has though at least taken some action. John Brooks was meant to be on VAR duties tonight in the Merseyside...
  15. Frank Lincoln

Tell me ma, me ma!

Newcastle fans singing about Wembley last night reminded me of 1988, when Wolves went to Wembley twice. There was the Football League Centenary Tournament and the Sherpa Van Trophy Final. Do any of the not so young ones on here remember the song: Tell me ma, me ma. Put a bottle of champagne on...
  16. Frank Lincoln

Kenny Hibbitt (also alive and well)

Kenny Hibbitt is 72 today. Kenny played 574 games for Wolves, the second most appearances behind Derek Parkin. Kenny also scored 114 goals for Wolves, putting him tenth in our all time list of goal scorers. I remember seeing Kenny score 4 goals in one game against Newcastle United, though his...
  17. Frank Lincoln

Derek Parkin (alive and well)

Derek Parkin is 75 today. Squeak as he was known, played 609 games for Wolves and he holds the record for the most appearances for the club. I think he was the most expensive full back in England when we signed him in 1968 for £80,000 from Huddersfield Town. Squeak was Mr. consistent, rarely...
  18. Frank Lincoln

The Most Underrated Wolves Player.

We have had threads for best and worst players, but who do folk think has been the most underrated player for Wolves? I will set the ball rolling with Mike Bailey. For some reason he wasn't popular with some of the fans, but Mike Bailey was integral to that Wolves team of the late '60's and...
  19. Frank Lincoln

Wembley 1970

This was Wembley in 1970 for the FA Cup Final between Chelsea and Leeds United. The game was played earlier than usual on 11 April due to the World Cup in Mexico. The week previously, the Horse of the Year Show had been held at Wembley and the pitch was in a very poor condition. Terry Cooper of...
  20. Frank Lincoln

David Johnson

I was sad to hear that David Johnson has passed away. Though he played for Everton and Ipswich Town, David will be best remembered for his time at Anfield. He played over 200 games for Liverpool and scored 78 goals. He was part of the Liverpool team that won the league title and European Cup. I...
Back
Top Bottom