Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. Frank Lincoln

Old Molineux Photos

I was there as well, but had a much shorter journey than you.
  2. Frank Lincoln

Larry Lloyd passes away

A tough, no nonsense centre half. Nobody scared him, that is apart from Brian Clough. Larry Lloyd was part of the Nottingham Forest team that won two successive European Cups. I was surprised he didn’t win more England caps, as he was a very good centre half. R.I.P.
  3. Frank Lincoln

Wolves Birthdays

The government should announce a bank holiday in recognition of Bully’s birthday. At his peak he was scoring goals for fun. He was a major part of our revival under Graham Turner. Happy birthday Steve Bull.
  4. Frank Lincoln

I have something to say that doesn’t require it’s own thread.

Embarrassed by the behaviour of a so called grown man I would think.
  5. Frank Lincoln

Today’s Games 2023-2024

My apologies for going off topic, but I really liked the Likely Lads. It was one of my favourite comedies, and the one we mentioned was one of the best. Anyway, back on topic, and I don’t like all these meaningless friendly internationals. Most of the time the players don’t look over interested...
  6. Frank Lincoln

I wonder if he has been so nasty towards Jordan Pickford for his error which allowed Belgium to score? I doubt it. Because Pickford is a man, Barton will probably just dismiss it as one of those things that happen!
  7. Frank Lincoln

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Same here. I remember one episode of the Likely Lads when Bob and Terry were desperately trying to avoid hearing the result of an England game. I think I was like that.. :) Clubs used to play on a Saturday, then internationals on a Wednesday and then back to domestic football on the Saturday...
  8. Frank Lincoln

Thank goodness football is back this weekend.
  9. Frank Lincoln

Today’s Games 2023-2024

I have very little interest in international football and it still frustrates me that a weekends fixture programme is decimated for them. They used to be played in midweek, in between domestic games. They should have kept it like that.
  10. Frank Lincoln

Forest- possible points deduction

If it is deemed a frivolous appeal, then the points deduction should be increased.
  11. Frank Lincoln

Villa v Wolves predictions

There is far too much negativity. 3 - 1 Wolves.
  12. Frank Lincoln

Yes or no to FFP/PSR

The transfer embargo seems a good idea, that would probably hurt more than any fine or a minimal points deduction.
  13. Frank Lincoln

Yes or no to FFP/PSR

I think it depends what they are found guilty of (if they ever are), but seeing the punishments handed out to Everton and Nottingham Forest then I would expect Manchester City to have many more points deducted. Maybe deduct them 30 points as the football league did to Luton Town.
  14. Frank Lincoln

Old Molineux Photos

What a player and what a skipper. Mike Bailey led by example and demanded 100% from the other players. Seeing Mike hold the league cup aloft at Wembley in 1974 was one of my proudest moments as a Wolves fan.
  15. Frank Lincoln

Yes or no to FFP/PSR

Agreed, the Manchester City saga will just drag on, while supposedly lesser clubs will be punished. It is wrong, City should be treated the same as the other clubs, irrespective of their status. Though I shan’t hold my breath.
  16. Frank Lincoln

Yes or no to FFP/PSR

As long as the Sky six can get away with things, then FFP/PSR has no credibility. I agree it can’t be a free for all otherwise mega rich owners would buy clubs and spend fortunes on them. But until Manchester City are brought to task for their alleged breaches of the financial restraints then it...
  17. Frank Lincoln

Old Molineux Photos

My Father always said how good Peter Broadbent was, and he was a lifelong Manchester City fan, but he still rated Broadbent very highly indeed. As you say, I do wish I had seen him at his peak.
  18. Frank Lincoln

Old Molineux Photos

To this day I still wonder how good Peter Knowles could have been. He had everything and I think he would have gone on to be a regular in the England team. Though had he carried on playing, I wonder how long he would have been at Wolves? We will never know, but it was a great loss to Wolves and...
  19. Frank Lincoln

Leicester City

If Leicester City get promoted, will they still have a transfer embargo imposed on them, or does that only apply if they are in the Football League?
  20. Frank Lincoln

Leicester City

Indeed. There are several pages on ‚‘Foxes Talk‘ about this subject, and what surprised me is that apart from a few with siege mentality, the majority of Leicester fans lay the blame at the door of the owner and the board. A couple even mentioned that this was inevitable after their £93million...
Back
Top Bottom