Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. W

The oddity of Journalists

I picked up a book at my local bookshop this morning called England Football: The Biography by Paul Hayward. It looked an interesting book until I leafed through the index (always how I judge a book). Surely Wolves would warrant some mentions, I thought to myself, not a whisper (though Billy...
  2. W

The MGW effect

Early days perhaps but MGW suddenly appears to be hitting the back of the net in recent games. We all hope that Wolves avoid relegation this season. How will we react to that wonderful piece of business done earlier in the season if at the end of the season we fill the final relegation place and...
  3. W

Comments and Performance Marks

Listening to Liam Keen's post match comments generally they seem thoughtful, measured and intelligent. On Saturday he noted the fight displayed by the team particularly in the second half when reduced to 10 men. Yet his marking in the Express & Star this weekend seems particularly harsh and...
  4. W

Thank you Steve Davis

I know results haven't gone as you would have wished during your period in charge. I appreciate that you will also have responsibility for the team and its performance for the game against Leeds later this week. It has I believe been your ambition to have managed the club since you were a young...
  5. W

Last seasons Championship was weak?

Many posters last season were quite strong in saying that while Wolves were doing well we were playing in a weak division and that the three clubs that would be promoted would be coming straight back down again. One has to allow that many who expressed such opinions were pursuing personal...
  6. W

Any of the top six likely to implode?

OK a lot of fans are not happy with the style of football we are seeing this season and are also in significant numbers unhappy with the manager. Some time ago I expressed the opinion that despite the problems at the club we would finish closer to the top than the bottom and might even be...
  7. W

Wolves style under Jackett

Much criticism has been made of the Wolves game this season. I only manage to attend a small number of games and the one I got to two seasons ago was the away game against Brentford. My recollection of that game was one in which we defended in depth in the first half, were fortunate to grab a...
  8. W

Players fans don't like

This thread is in part a result of the comments in particular about David Edwards, to me a good professional, not particularly liked by some of our fans and indeed treated very critically by some posters on here. When living in London in the mid-80's/early '90's I would go to watch Wimbledon...
  9. W

When does Kenny get questioned on his decisions?

Is the consensus that Rowe, RVLP and Saville are not up to it? Where is Saville, he hasn't featured at all pre-Season. Personally I believe that the jury has to be out on all three but if the inherent negativity persists, the question has to be asked who is responsible for signing them and the...
  10. W

Death of Bill O'Herlihy

He is probably not known to many in the UK but he was the chairman on many sports panels on RTE (Irish) television over many years. He had only just retired in the past year. He was in particular the interviewer of Giles and Dunphy on football programmes. Though he never played football he was...
  11. W

EUFA Under 17's Championship Final

Both Ireland and England have qualified for the UEFA Under 17's Championship Final being played on the Black Sea coast towns in Bulgaria over the coming weeks. Two Wolves players have made the Irish squad - Connor Ronan and Conor Levingston (I must admit I don't know anything about this lad). In...
  12. W

What is it about Brentford?

This team really does seem to get the goat of so many of our fans. I lived in West London in the late '80's and early '90s and they were my local club. At the time they were a 3rd division side and for much of the time I used to go to the ground they were being managed by Steve Perryman. As I...
  13. W

Irish Wolves

This is the weekend that Irish Wolves do their annual pilgrimage to the Black Country. Before the weekend I would have been exceptionally happy for the Old Gold to get three points. Great that the IW's witnessed yesterdays win. I only hope now that they return having witnessed the team getting 6...
  14. W

Player assault opponents menager?

I was watching the Swindon Town v MK Dons game this afternoon and there is an incident in the second half when an MK Dons player is fouled on the sideline, right alongside where the Swindon Town manager is standing. The 'momentum' of the MKD player proceed to take him forward into a collision...
  15. W

Way too much of Ipswich Town

I'm guessing this is a Sky TV thing but almost every time a Championship game is shown here in Bulgaria it appears to involve Ipswich Town. Again yesterday evening - when I know they were featured on Sky - we were treated to their game against Bournemouth. I know I did see the Derby County...
  16. W

Wolves team of the decade 2001-2010

I was looking at the other thread which is seeking a Championship team of the decade. Not covering the same period, but care to nominate your team of the 1st. Decade of the 21st. Century. Here is my selection: Murray; McNamara; Irwin; Lescott; Craddock; Rae; Ince; Kightly; Jarvis; Miller and SEB.
  17. W

Andy Keogh

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/irish/2015/0216/680569-andy-keogh-arrested-in-adelaide-after-game/
  18. W

Warburton (again)

I see in a report in the Guardian that Brentford have issued a statement which does not deny that regardless of how the club does this season, he will be out of a job at season end. My reading of the article would suggest that this is by mutual consent. It would suggest that things are not all...
  19. W

Goalkeeper

I note that Carl's replacement did not overly impress people on Saturday. He was brought in as cover while McCarey was injured. I note McCarey made an appearance for the Under 21's last week. He may not be fully fit to come back into the first team just yet, but do posters consider him an...
  20. W

An apology

Up to now I've treated those who have slagged off/bad mouthed Dave Whelan formerly of Blackburn Rovers and now of Wigan Athletic with a great deal of scepticism. After all the tackle he suffered at the FA Cup Final way back then ended his football career. I'm currently reading 'A Different Shade...
Back
Top Bottom