Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. T

George Curtis RIP

Sad to report that George Curtis has died. Best wishes to his loved ones. Some of us older ones will remember George putting the fear of God into some of our players when we came up against Coventry.
  2. T

What are you going to do when it's "over"?

I will smear the wife in hand sanitizer and indulge myself. I will do that corny fancy dress thing and wrap myself in toilet roll and go as the Mummy,............
  3. T

Reasons why you enjoy MM

For my part - Because, I go to very few games and have no Sky or BT service, the Comms thread is a lifeline. The humour that posters display on a regular basis. It serves as a useful reminder that there are views, other than my own that have equal, if not greater, validity. The fact that I may...
  4. T

New handball rule being misinterpreted

Please forgive me if this has been raised elsewhere. An article in today's Telegraph points out that the Premier League is misinterpreting what was originally intended by the body that makes world football rules. The intention was that no player should gain control of the ball using their...
  5. T

Netball World Cup

I am sure that I'm missing something, but I'm afraid that I just don't get it. Nobody seems able to touch or tackle anyone, so as long as I can throw a ball a short distance to one of my players, they have the necessary skill to catch it, and so on and so on until somebody puts it in the net...
  6. T

Press coverage of last night

A couple of choice extracts from the report in the Sunday Telegraph "even if Wolves never make it to the FA Cup Final in May, they will always have this Saturday night as proof of how far the club have come this season." "The home team came good in the second half when manager Nuno Espírito...
  7. T

Crufts

I am a serious dog lover, but I find Crufts is very distant from the experience of normal people and normal dogs. What is the betting that the winner is some weird looking creature - some shaven little pampered pooch with a grotesque name. If I had my way a Labrador would win every year, a...
  8. T

Tortuous rhymes in songs

Heard this one this morning, "a little plot a, not a lotta land" Ingenious. Any other examples spring to mind?
  9. T

Ever walked out of a film or play?

Having read Edgmond's review of the Favourite (which I liked a lot - the film not the review :)), I wonder if you have ever voted with your feet and walked out of a play or film? I have only ever walked out once, and that was a play by Caryl Churchill called Top Girls. It was a feminist rant...
  10. T

Pointless - what a plonker

Just watching said programme. Clue was "female police commissioner etc." and the possible answer was CD. This old fella said "Caressa Dick", I kid you not. How Xander Armstrong didn't corpse I'll never know.
  11. T

Christmas party games

Any good suggestions for games, preferably not out of a box. Along the lines of charades.
  12. T

Merry Christmas to one and all

Merry Christmas to fellow mixers, Nuno, the players, staff, Jeff and Fosun. Apologies if someone has already started a similar thread.
  13. T

Retro shirt

I appreciate that this topic has appeared before, but as we are approaching the festive period, I would like Santa to bring me a long sleeve, heavyweight Wolves shirt. Any recommendations, including where it can be purchased will be gratefully received.
  14. T

Quotes from films

I don't wish to steal the thunder of the best film thread, but thought that this topic might tease out a few memorable lines. To start the ball rolling (and this is from memory rather than searching for the precise words). From "No country for Old Men", the sheriff and his men turn up at the...
  15. T

Signed 3 lions video on BBC website -Down's

Just seen the heart warming video made by parents/siblings/relatives of children with Down's. Can someone please help me by providing a link so that others can see it? Win or lose tonight, there is such love and joy in the film that it somehow doesn't matter.
  16. T

Canada

My son is applying for a young persons visa to work in Canada. Any thoughts on the various cities, cost of living, employment opportunities etc. would be most welcome. He currently favours Vancouver, and who could blame him, but it seems an expensive place to live in.
  17. T

IT help - Review blocked sign in attempt.

Recently, I have received a number of messages from Google saying that they have just blocked someone from accessing my Google account from a "less secure" app. It then offers me the chance to secure my account or to allow access to less secure apps. Is this genuine? What does it mean and what...
  18. T

Anybody suffered more than us?

The plight of the long-suffering Sunderland fans caused me to wonder which set of fans have suffered the most, and indeed if we have suffered above all others. I guess that my definition of suffering involves former success and subsequent decline. Thus, Birmingham doesn't count because they have...
  19. T

The Mix - what's your excuse

A number of us spend a fair bit of time on MM. Occasionally the present holder of the title Mrs TYSJ (a post coveted by many) will say "you're reading about the Wolves again, what's so important that you need to read about them at 11 p.m. (insert other times as you choose)". My weak retort of...
  20. T

Who has the ear of Fosun, and what are they saying?

Is it Mendes? Look, I've got you your two best players, I can get you more, but you need a manager who will inspire the new team and earn their respect, and funnily enough..... Is it Lambert? Look at the spirit that I inspired at Brentford, February was just a blip, the Stars were badly aligned...
Back
Top Bottom