Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. G

Looking ahead - where in the world is that gettable striker that could transform our fortunes?

I know we are all still recovering from the tensions of the last transfer window but while there is a pause I wonder whether the collective wisdom of MM can come up with some realistic striker targets that either in January or next summer the club could get in? Let's imagine a maximum budget of...
  2. G

Sky are absolute rubbish

I have to get this off my chest having foolishly devoted three hours of my time to Sky's final transfer day coverage. It was such utter garbage. Ignorant presenters with the obligatory dumb blonde or two obsessed only with Man U, Liverpool, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea etc. Gormless reporters...
  3. G

Only bad news-slow motion suicide?

We will see what unfolds in the next few days but at this moment it is quite extraordinary how the club are seemingly sleep walking into a deeper and deeper crisis. A lucky win at Everton may be welcome but it simply papers over the massive cracks which are appearing. We all assume the club...
  4. G

An apology to Gary O'Neil

I know its very early days and its only one match in but have to say that I was very wrong on my knee- jerk response to O'Neil's appointment and all the negatives that were pointed out. It is true that the team's excellent physical and mental conditioning is down to Loptegui and his coaching...
  5. G

Guedes

I know this is a bit fanciful but now that we have a new management set up is there any chance Guedes after he recovers from injury in October (?) could be led back into the Wolves fold. He is a good player and it seems to me the club and manager in particular, should do everything they can to...
  6. G

Chasing OAP's-I don't get it

In the middle of an incredible mess this week there are now further murmurings that we are after certain players......but the majority of 'targets' are past it as far as I can see. Cresswell WAS a good player for West Ham but he turns 34 in 4 months time. Schmeichel...
  7. G

The O'Neill chapter

I wish Gary O'Neill the best of luck but let's face it he is not qualified for the job despite his very good 9 month stint at Bournemouth. Its a desperate panicky decision based on his cheap cost (perhaps being paid a quarter or less compared to Loptegui). Above all, unlike Loptegui he won't...
  8. G

Every Mutch needs a Bull

We have not seen much of Cunha up to now. He looks talented - as he should do for £40m plus- but clearly needs another striker to feed off if he is to be effective. He is a kind of Mutch player desperately needing a Bull to dovetail with up front. He and Jiminez might work but the latter is so...
  9. G

There are many things to like

....about Bruno who has done an amazing job this season when you consider all the injuries, a lot of bad luck and bad referee/ VAR calls plus lack of transfer support. To follow charismatic and much loved Nuno was no easy thing. Yet he has begun to mould the team in his own image and it is very...
  10. G

Verdict - Norwich

Pathetic. That's all. Worst team in the Premier League, playing at home and nothing. How Bruno thought an attack of the rookie Silva and Podence was going to add up to many goals only he can know. They did nothing at Brentford as a duo and only Podence offered an individual threat. Pathetic...
  11. G

Time for Bruno to be supported by Fosun

Another frustrating day, magnificent defending and heartbreaking last minute goal conceded. But the truth is we offered very little up front indeed yet again. Our barely visible attack and feeble goals record says it all. We have been crying out for years for a quality attacking midfielder and a...
  12. G

Optimism rules ok

I know this won't be popular with some but I want to sound an optimistic note as I look at the table today. No we didn't play great yesterday despite the win and there is still a lot of work to do to get Bruno ball humming. However, when I look at our squad, especially our attacking options, I...
  13. G

Are we missing out again on a key central midfielder?

Sorry to add another thread but I think this deserves a separate one. Delighted to hear the club are actually quite near on a CB and striker now hopefully. However for myself and many here the most important signing required is a dynamic central midfielder. Relying on a getting on for 35...
  14. G

Too much dependence/ pressure on Raul?

I know we are all frustrated at the moment at the lack of serious reinforcements but Jeff Shi said action would come late in the day - risky but understandable in a fractured market where big clubs are still spending fortunes and the rest scrabble around looking for 'bargains'. So we have to...
  15. G

Renato Sanches

I thought we saw the very best of him last night against France. In so many ways he would be ideal for us especially if we can keep hold of Neves as they would dovetail beautifully together. Lille need the dosh and I can't think of a more important signing for the club right now. Fee is...
  16. G

So Neves.....

In preparation for any announcement on Neves leaving in the next few weeks...... 1) As with Jota 's sale entirely negative imv unless we can get at least £50m for him (which is unlikely though not impossible). £35m or so would be an absolute travesty for an international who at 24 will reach...
  17. G

Souttar?

No there are no links to him that I am aware of . But I just wondered what people's thoughts were about him as a possible candidate to be a dominant CB for us. Have heard very good reports from Stoke fans but of course it is a big step up from the Championship. Surely would not cost more than...
  18. G

Memo to new manager

Ok Bruno/Frank/Paulo/Rafa etc Please as a priority sort out our midfield. If there is any money to spend perhaps £25m or so on Renato Sanches to beautifully complement Neves and create some forward thrust to our current impotent midfield. If the two of them do well together in the Euros their...
  19. G

Poaching from Fulham line up

If Fulham go down there are at least three players we should look at in the summer, two of them who are on loan. Antonee Robinson - been very impressed with him at left wing back, not just last night but all season. Only 23 and has 10 caps for US national team. Could we get him for £15m-£18m or...
  20. G

When are Boly and Podence due back?

We badly need them - expected them back by early March.
Back
Top Bottom