Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. cannockwolves

Who will we keep in the Championship next season?

I am only half serious, we probably have enough to survive, but we need to find some goals from somewhere. But play along, who will be still with us in the championship next season? We would sell; Sa (£20m) Neves (£40m) Nunes (£40m) Kilman (£40m) Guedes (£20m) Neto (£30m) Moutinho and Adama...
  2. cannockwolves

Sustainability

I was thinking the other day that we hear a lot about sustainability from Jeff, but we haven’t actually (as far as I am aware) discussed it as a separate topic on here. Just what is sustainability? We know that at its basic level it is only using the money you can generate from operations...
  3. cannockwolves

Finding that 3rd Striker

Based on what Bruno has said, he is looking for a 3rd striker who is a target man "We would have more solutions, but it doesn't mean one guy comes and stays in front of Fabio. What I want is if you are creating the profile of a squad, the best example if what he have with the wingers - every...
  4. cannockwolves

Jeff Interview

Hi Guys Nothing that new, but worth a read. https://newseu.cgtn.com/news/2022-03-24/From-Shanghai-to-Wolverhampton-The-Premier-League-s-Chinese-chairman-18dpZND0nII/index.html
  5. cannockwolves

Will they save us (or make us) millions?

I have posted a variation of this question on a number of other threads over the last few weeks, but I wanted to see what people think about this group of lads coming through Sarkic Sanderson Giles MGW Cundle Corbeanu Personally I am really excited about these six lads. MGW is probably a bit...
  6. cannockwolves

Fosun - 2021 Interim Results

It looks like Fosun have had a good half year. (six months ended 30 June 2021) Fosun Half Year Results The figures are in RMB rather than pounds, but their turnover was just under £8 billon and they made about £450m profit in the period. It also looks like they have almost £12 billion in cash...
  7. cannockwolves

Where are the goals coming from?

So where are the goals going to come from this season - last year we scored a grand total of 36. Only Burnley and the three relegated teams scored less, we only scored one more than the Albion. On the plus side We have Jiminez back At some point in the season Neto may make a return. I think...
  8. cannockwolves

Are you worried about next season?

I know, it's crazy to start worrying about next season when we don't know the outcome of the summer, who will be leaving, the quality of new recruits, and how Jiminez will perform etc. But I am really concerned already. We have been fortunate that there has been three very poor teams this...
  9. cannockwolves

Wolves 2 v Dirty Leeds 1 - 1972

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8321043/Sportsmail-looks-flights-notable-finales-including-Wolves-denying-Leeds-title.html It's nice to see the DM upto their usual standard - it's 48 years ago not 38. Were any of our long standing members at the game? I was 8 at the time...
  10. cannockwolves

Will Wolves come out of this well?

Before I talk about the football side, I don't want to downplay or minimise the unbelievably difficult situation many are finding themselves in. Losing jobs, businesses, and loved ones are far more important than football. Putting aside the obvious, far more important, human side of this...
  11. cannockwolves

One player for the champions league?

Let me get one thing straight before I start. I am delighted with our progress under Nuno and Fosun. This is the best team I have seen in the last 40 years, so this is not some sort of ungrateful rant or a reaction to a poor day at the office yesterday. Simple question. What one player could...
  12. cannockwolves

Could there be penalties on Thursday?

I was just thinking about the results that would see us through against Torino as we have a 3-2 win and three away goals. Any win Any Draw Lose 0-1 (3-3 on aggregate but win on away goals) Lose 1-2 (4-4 on aggregate but win on away goals) If Torino win 3-1 down the Mol they would go through...
  13. cannockwolves

Wolves income 2018-19

I started off wondering what money we made from the FA Cup, so I have done a bit of research to estimate what I think our cup run has made the club. As the figures for the premier league are also published I thought I would add them too. Some estimates, but I don't think they are far off :)...
  14. cannockwolves

Will Nuno be ruthless in the summer?

We suffered in the prem before when Mick stuck by 'his boys' , do we think Nuno will be prone to do the same? I am not suggesting we have a wholesale clear out in the summer or a Fulham type spending spree ,but this squad is crying out for 3 or 4 quality players that can unlock a defence...
  15. cannockwolves

Combined Watford & Wolves 11

I think we have done fantastic over the last few years and personally I think that is down in a large part to Nuno, his staff and the system. That is not to say the players are poor, the first 11 are very good but not in my view the major part of our success (and that sounds harsh) . So who do...
  16. cannockwolves

How many fans do we have - I have an answer!

We have all spoke about the age-old question of who has more fans and what is our potential. Well, I have an answer, but before I start I want to issue a note of caution. Market Research is not perfect and as we have seen in elections making predictions on small sample sizes can be risky, but...
  17. cannockwolves

How much to buy our current squad?

How much to buy our current squad? The rules are; This is not about if we should sell If we did sell what is a realistic price consider what would be the cost of a similar sort of player given age/potential/current performance levels etc? I will start; Goalkeepers Rui Patrício - £25m John...
  18. cannockwolves

Why do you dislike (hate) the teams you do?

Our local Albion and Villa rivalry does not always translate into a real deep seated hatred of them. I wondered which teams you really hate with a passion and why that is. I will start us off Birmingham City. About 35 years ago I worked with a real ahole blues fan and he was merciless in the...
  19. cannockwolves

It's the manager - not the players!

This is not a dig at Nuno - quite the opposite. I firmly believe that we are in the prem 80% down to Nuno and his system, and not because of the players. Don't get me wrong we have some good players. Neves, Jota, Bolly, Doc, Jonny, and Jimenez are top 10 premier league players and MGW will...
  20. cannockwolves

Replace five of our players to make the champions league

In no way being ****y about where we are, this is a bit of fun. Identify the five additions that could get us into the champions league - money no object. What would it take? (assume keeping Nuno) All replaced players would just become part of the squad 1. Maguire instead of Bennett 2...
Back
Top Bottom