Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. Boss Hogg

Where is JOSWOLF?

what’s happened with @JOSWolf - he seems to have disappeared for the last 3 weeks, anyone know if he is ok? Hope he is ok, he gets targeted a bit on here, so hope he hasn’t been driven off the forum as I for one appreciate his views, even if I don’t always agree.
  2. Boss Hogg

100 Years ago

The upcoming season will mark 100 years since our inaugural season in the 3rd tier when we kicked off the 1923/24 season in Division 3 North. At the time this was quite a shock to see a founder member of the football league fall so far. A regionalised 3rd tier had only been introduced in...
  3. Boss Hogg

Tim Flowers (not dead)

Our former keeper has just been appointed the new manager of my home town club Gloucester City: Ex-England keeper continues career in non league management with appointment at Gloucester - Fan Banter The Tigers lost in the National League north playoffs but have been a fairly well run club...
  4. Boss Hogg

Managers article on OS is a shambles

On the official website there is an interesting article on our former managers, spoiled by glaring errors, which I sadly think reflects the malaise currently sinking the club. Here’s a screenshot, with FA cup dates and the date of His passing away clearly wrong if anyone had proof read.
  5. Boss Hogg

Championship scoring record

I see the press are lauding Billy Sharp for breaking the championship scoring record of 122 goals. Whilst this is no doubt a fantastic achievement, upon examining the fine print this is actually quite an artificial record as the EFL are only counting goal scorers since they rebranded in 2004...
  6. Boss Hogg

Great assistance from Wolves to an elderly supporter

The club has IMHO got lots of things wrong over the last 12 months, but credit where it is due, this assistance the club has provided to an aged supporter is just fantastic and makes me proud to be a Wolves fan. Wolves giving Cath all the support she needs
  7. Boss Hogg

Farewell poem for Nuno

My farewell ode to Nuno: The best manager we’ve had in 40 years Nuno’s departure has left me in tears The European nights and top players we’ve seen The best footballing side we’ve ever been You should have stayed on with us for so much longer And Built a dynasty to challenge the Big 6 with...
  8. Boss Hogg

What Punishment for the breakaway 6?

Actions have consequences. There must be some deterrent to stop this happening again. I would suggest a £50million fine each and a transfer embargo for 12 months. the fines are collected and distributed lower down the football pyramid - £300m would go a long way to securing the future of many...
  9. Boss Hogg

Concussion substitutes

Concussion substitute trials get go-ahead and FA ready to act in Cup to me they’ve made a pigs ear of this. Why should opposition get to make a free change? To avoid abuse Why not place the decision on club Doctors and have a minimum fixed 2 week stand down for all players involved in such...
  10. Boss Hogg

Paulo Rossi RIP

One of the greats from the 1982 World Cup has passed away. Such a sad loss at a fairly young age Broke my heart when he defeated the incredible 82 Brazil team in one of the greatest matches ever. Paolo Rossi, Italian football great and World Cup winner, dies aged 64
  11. Boss Hogg

Wolves Goalscoring records last 30 years

I think it mentioned on the awful BBC production last night that Raul's 17th top flight goal equalled John Richards' tally from 1975/6. Looking back over the last 30 years his current tally of 26 in all competitions measures up pretty well against our top goal scorers - and those were scored in...
  12. Boss Hogg

BBC - Greatest Manager

So the BBC has run a feature on post war greatest British managers. Who is the greatest British manager? I guess it shouldn’t be a surprise to see that Stan Cullis doesn’t make the list, yet ‘greats’ such as Harry Catterick, Howard Kendall and Don Revie do. I guess 3 league titles and 2 FA...
  13. Boss Hogg

Wolves of yesteryear

With the current season on hiatus I thought it might be interesting to delve back into the history books and start a series of look-backs highlighting some less obvious figures from our past, including some unsung and unlikely heroes. So, to kick off……. Gary Bellamy (affectionately also known...
  14. Boss Hogg

Holiday encounters with current or Ex-Wolves players

Right, it's that time of year where we regale our tales of holiday encounters with Wolves players (past or present) To kick off, this was quite a few years back, and the details are a little hazy but I think it was 2005 and it was definitely late April - the timing of which was crucial as I...
  15. Boss Hogg

Windsor Davies (RIP)

Another great talent leaves us, loved watching this when I was growing up. Rest In Peace ‘you lovely boy’ It Ain't Half Hot Mum actor dies aged 88
  16. Boss Hogg

Coming across from NZ in March - advice please

I’m coming across from NZ in mid March for a quick visit and I’m hoping to get to see at least one game - the Arsenal game at home on Saturday 16 March - currently showing as 3pm kick off. I’d like some advice about planning for the trip please - is the game likely to be moved for Sky and when...
  17. Boss Hogg

Marta - crowned FIFA best female world player

With all the threads on Olly the cat, this has slipped under the radar but a remarkable achievement for Brazil’s Marta who has been crowned best female footballer for the 6th time by FIFA. The Best FIFA Football Awards™ - THE BEST FIFA WOMEN'S PLAYER - FIFA.com I’ve been lucky enough to see...
  18. Boss Hogg

Molineux and World Cup 2030

With it looking like the home nations will submit a bid for the 2030 World Cup, I wondered if Molineux would have a chance of hosting some games? Looks like there would need to be 16 stadiums that could host at least 40,000 so, assume that would be: 1 in Northern Ireland 1 in Wales...
  19. Boss Hogg

Your most memorable World Cup game

With all the other World Cup threads, I'm hoping there is room for this one too. I'm interested to know what is your most memorable world cup game and why? It doesn't have to be for an obvious reason, but maybe there is something significant for you. For me, the one game that has stuck with...
  20. Boss Hogg

Cheese Rolling

I’m not sure if anyone on here is into this or has even seen this event live, but I’m proud to say that my cousin Chris has become the all time champion, winning his 21st and 22nd cheeses this year: Gloucestershire cheese race winner is the all-time grate
Back
Top Bottom