Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. Jefe

FA Cup Replays SCRAPPED

Moving the final forward to within the league season will only exacerbate congestion, so it isn't about that. This (along with the decision being taken behind the backs of the EFL) is the final mask-off moment from the FA and the Premier League. They have made it crystal clear they resent the...
  2. Jefe

FA Cup Replays SCRAPPED

I can't think of the last time a lower league side beat a Premier League side in a shootout. So, I'd say that outcome is far less likely than the small club taking the Premier League side to a replay at their place, which is more the point (economical) than them actually winning that game. The...
  3. Jefe

FA Cup Replays SCRAPPED

That's okay, Frank. Instead of the chance of taking United to a replay at Old Trafford, where the minnow would receive £2m in gate receipts to cover the club's running costs for several years, they instead get a tiny fraction of "up to" an extra £33m quid divvied out among the grassroots. Fair...
  4. Jefe

FA Cup Replays SCRAPPED

Another stunning success for elitist profit margins over the long-held traditions of the game. If it isn't clear by now, the Football authorities despise you. They understand Football has become a global behemoth, too big to suffer any sort of noticeable economic setback (let alone fail) and so...
  5. Jefe

Today’s Games 2023-2024

He was at Chorley!
  6. Jefe

Forest verdict

It's more about the fixtures to come. All of the top three, with two of those away. I don't believe any of our rivals have to play more than two of them. 2 points taken from the last 12 have made it a real long shot.
  7. Jefe

Forest verdict

Gobbs-****e as I call him. Wasn't there, but were Wolves fans winding him up? Because otherwise, the fingers in ears celebration in front of the away end, rather than going to his own fans, demonstrates his continuing immaturity. Nice to see Cunha have the last laugh.
  8. Jefe

Forest verdict

Am I missing something? Did Nuno do anything bad today?
  9. Jefe

Forest verdict

You on the sauce? :oops:
  10. Jefe

Forest verdict

Show some respect.
  11. Jefe

3 hamstrings....more than a coincidence?

I suspect the change of style to more rope-a-dope is Gary cutting his cloth to a degree, after seeing players drop like flies. Counter attacking allows you to preserve more energy as a team.
  12. Jefe

3 hamstrings....more than a coincidence?

Gary's philosophy, before he leaned more into a counter attacking style later in the season, featured a good high press in the hope of what the cool kids call a turnover, high up the pitch. That means the front three are doing an great deal of running both in and out of possession. Probably a...
  13. Jefe

FA charge GON

Right. So, offside is objective, but the part of offside about players blocking a keeper's vision is subjective, but despite it being subjective, the "clear and obvious" error standard doesn't apply, for some reason. From the same organisation that insisted Onana on Sasa was just a "normal...
  14. Jefe

FA charge GON

I remember Mick doing similar when Milijas was sent off for winning the ball.
  15. Jefe

FA charge GON

On the one hand, being so apoplectic with rage that you have to be removed from the referee's room, is not a great look however you slice it. On the other - how toxic is VAR that it reduces an otherwise calm and well-considered man like Gary O'Neil to that behaviour? I doubt there's a single...
  16. Jefe

Gary O'Neil - tactics

Fair enough, as long as Tony Harrington and Darren England also get charged for impersonating a match official.
  17. Jefe

7 consecutive seasons in PL

I find this argument: "Jeff appointed Hobbs, and Hobbs appointed Gary, therefore Jeff takes credit." to only be helpful to an extent. We couldn't apply that argument to the players, for example. Jeff cannot really be blamed if a player (let's say, Fabio) turns out to be a failure - that's on the...
  18. Jefe

Gary O'Neil - tactics

“If your knowledge and understanding of the game is really poor, you could reach the conclusion that it’s offside." - Gary O'Neil I think for this savagery, he should get a medal, not a fine.
  19. Jefe

I have something to say that doesn’t require it’s own thread.

Is that Bully on the right hand side of the picture?!
  20. Jefe

7 consecutive seasons in PL

What happened with Lop in my opinion was no mistake, it was deception. For some of the other major events, such as sacking Nuno after one average season, to not sacking Lage until well after he had lost the dressing room, causing us spiraling to the foot of the table, to having to spaff all of...
Back
Top Bottom