Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. Highlandwolf2

Wolves Fan Very Ill - Needs Help

Hope it is OK to post this here. Long time Wolves fan from Tamworth, (he was also a mascot at the 2003 play off final) Mitch Middleton, age 27, has been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour. There is a feature on him on today's BBC News, on line. There is a fundraiser set up to fund...
  2. Highlandwolf2

Kevin Rowland - Famous fan

Listening to Dexys Midnight Runners on the radio today and it made me think of lead singer/song writer Kevin Rowland born in Wednesfield and mad keen Wolves fan. Have a look at his Wolves related interview with the Guardian a few years ago:-...
  3. Highlandwolf2

Can I sell my season ticket?

My son and I are no longer able to attend home games. Is there a legitimate way we can sell our season tickets (side by side, near the back of the Stan Cullis, behind the goal but slightly towards the Waterloo Road stand)? Thanks.
  4. Highlandwolf2

Which Wolves Player Scored This Goal?

Opening titles from the Big Match in 1968 showing, briefly, a Wolves goal. No idea who the scorer is, against which team or result. Any ideas? https://x.com/1968Tv/status/1707108301173829659?s=20
  5. Highlandwolf2

Worst players hair cuts

Any other nominations?
  6. Highlandwolf2

Sir Jack - Any Personal Memories?

A lot has quite correctly been published about Sir Jack and there are lots of great stories (personal favourite being when the Queen and Prince Phillip were staying at his residence in the Bahamas - the Royal guests were intrigued why Jack kept nipping out for a few minutes over dinner. Seems he...
  7. Highlandwolf2

Time Travel Back To Watch One Wolves Player

If you could travel back in time to watch one Wolves player again who would it be? Personally it would be Peter Knowles. Didn't realise he would be around for such a short time. (One non Wolves player - Stanley Matthews - was he as good as he seems? One non footballer - Harold Larwood during...
  8. Highlandwolf2

Billy Wilson - a name from the past

I have just read a long post by Billy on Facebook regarding his role (which I take to be true) in the removal of Harry Marshall, sale to the Bhattis, the involvement of the Doog and the subsequent rescue by Sir Jack. Doesn't hold back. Not sure about the ethics of cutting and posting from...
  9. Highlandwolf2

1950's Football Not Very Good

I have watched a lot of 50s and 60s football on YouTube recently (mainly via subscriber:- the heavyroller) and what is clear is that tactics were rudimentary, goalkeeping generally poor and some legends was not as good as I expected. Although accepting that camera positioning was poor and often...
  10. Highlandwolf2

Who Do You Recognise? Older Fans Only!!

Came across the attached photo on line. Can you name all the players?
  11. Highlandwolf2

As Things Were - 1974 League Cup Final

You can still see the Big Match from the 70s and 80s on ITV4. The attached photo is from the programme introduction and for people of a certain age brings back lots of great memories (programme is worth watching; main game features a London team but there are goal highlights from ITV, commentary...
  12. Highlandwolf2

Most Disappointing Wolves signing?

This is a slightly different selection than Worst Wolves Signing, which may include players signed for a nominal fee and not suprisingly were not very good. Disappointing might well include players who were good elsewhere but hopeless here, or were always injured. For example Dick Le Flem...
  13. Highlandwolf2

Best EVER Wolves Team

What would be your best ever Wolves team, if you had all players, current and historical, at your disposal? Of course, virtually impossible to answer, mainly because the vast majority of current supporters at best will go back to the 50s or 60s, and many much more recent. You could take a...
  14. Highlandwolf2

Play Off Final 2003 - 3 x Express & Star Special Editions

Just came across these, which I probably havent looked at in 16 years. A bit yellowed but still in reasonable condition. Rather than throw them out, if any Wolves fan interested let me know (more IT savvy people will know if you can send me a private message).
  15. Highlandwolf2

Early 1970s Squad - Can You Fill In The Gaps?

Most of the players in the attached photo will be obvious to many (certainly those over 50 say). But there are one or two I am struggling with. Sad when your heroes die, though, but happy memories. One or two still with us are also now in very poor health.
  16. Highlandwolf2

Any Pictures of Molineux From Years Ago?

For my own interest I keep any pictures of Molineux as it was years ago, and any players (or indeed, fans) from that era. I wonder if anyone has similar pictures they might like to share. Meanwhile I include a picture from 1961 showing Wolves fans about to enter the South Bank. No colours or...
  17. Highlandwolf2

Most Exciting Wolves Player You've Seen

There have been several Best Player type threads on Molmix, which have made for good reading/debate, but what about most exciting player? Jota must be up there I guess but I would also propose Peter Knowles and Dave Wagstaff, who both had the ability to get fans on their feet whenever they had...
  18. Highlandwolf2

How Good is Neves?

I’ve watched Wolves for around 60 years and am really struggling to think of a better Wolves mid field player during that time (although I’ve no memory of Peter Broadbent). The only one that comes close, in my eyes, is Kenny Hibbitt albeit mainly because of his goal scoring potential. Am I...
  19. Highlandwolf2

For What Its Worth (as old to me!)

I have been assured by someone who saw them training and met Nuno and the players:- the non Portuguese players are taking Portuguese language lessons Portuguese players are taking English language lessons (Nuno was asked if anyone was taking scouse lessons so they could communicate with with...
  20. Highlandwolf2

Memories From the Mid 60s

I came across the attached photo this morning and must admit memories came flooding back. Amazingly after a bit of thought I could remember all of the players, some of which probably only played very few games in their time at the club. Not quite the best team I have seen but with some of the...
Back
Top Bottom