Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. Bacon Sandwich

Other Teams' Transfer Windows

As several people have said, lots of teams around us significantly outspent us in the window – so who ‘won’ the window? A few random thoughts from me, but other Mixers will be far more clued in than I am. Forest – what the hell is going on? Surely there’s someone at the PL who is asking ‘how...
  2. Bacon Sandwich

Lopetegui vs. O'Neil

I am trying to find grounds for optimism here. I’ve looked at the table since the World Cup last season to give a direct comparison between Lopetegui and O’Neil. 10. Wolves 23 9 4 10 31 11. Tottenham 23 9 4 10 31 12. West Ham 23 7 5 11 26 13. Crystal Palace 24 6 8...
  3. Bacon Sandwich

Adama: the Holy Month

No comment needed really. Well worth watching for 30 minutes.
  4. Bacon Sandwich

The Athletic - Snus

The Athletic send me their e-mail every morning - like a good many of you, I suspect. This morning there's a story about snus - which I had simply never heard of. Here's the e-mail for those of you that don't get it. Not behind the paywall, altho' the rest of the story is: It’s the live...
  5. Bacon Sandwich

Dr Francheck Drobnic

Apparently on Julen's recommendation we have a new top doc at the club. https://www.topdoctors.es/doctor/franchek-drobnic#
  6. Bacon Sandwich

Video of the Year

There is simply no contest
  7. Bacon Sandwich

Wolves vs Cadiz - Wed 14th

A fairly basic question to start off discussion of the game. What time's kick-off? I've seen 11/00, 11/30 and 12/00 Looking forward to another episode of Podence the Pugilist...
  8. Bacon Sandwich

Is Messi the GOAT?

I found the Argentina game almost unwatchable last night due to the ridiculous fawning over Messi by the BBC. As someone rightly said, it was a wonder he could play at all with Murphy so far up his ****. Is he the greatest of all time? For me it's an emphatic 'no.' I think his numbers are...
  9. Bacon Sandwich

JL Press Conference today?

Am I right in thinking there's a JL press conference today? If so, let's hope for a few tough questions - "which players are you most looking forward to working with?" "Why do you think Wolves have scored so few goals this season?" - as opposed to the "how pleased are you to be here?" crap that...
  10. Bacon Sandwich

Roberto Martinez/Anthony Barry

This may be complete *******s. I may be putting two and two together and getting a lot more than 5. But... Someone has posted on Twitter this morning that Wolves also spoke to Anthony Barry, who is the first team coach at Chelsea Anthony Barry (footballer) - Wikipedia Barry is also a coach with...
  11. Bacon Sandwich

Knowledgeable Journalist

I just idly went on to the Sporting Life site to see what they were tipping for tomorrow's game. This is from someone who is (presumably) paid money to write for them. Wolves should revert to the back four that was used exclusively in pre-season for the visit of Newcastle though and this will...
  12. Bacon Sandwich

WhoScored Player Ratings - Premier League 21/22

I make no comment on this, but here are WhoScored’s player ratings for the Premier League 21/22 season. Applying the ‘minimum appearances’ filter, a total of 303 players receive an impartial WhoScored rating. Top is KDB with 7.64, followed by Salah, TAA and Son. The first non-big 6 player is...
  13. Bacon Sandwich

Starting XI - First Game of the 22/23 Season

Wolves 7th or 8th. One of three to win the CL: ditto the FA Cup. Burnley or Everton to go down. City or Liverpool for the title. I reckon your chances of getting that right are about 75/1. This one… This is at least 1,000/1. I’ll be astonished if anyone gets this right. What will be the Wolves...
  14. Bacon Sandwich

Why the **** do we do it?

There was a moment in the first half today when we had the ball outside the West Ham box. "Watch," I said to my wife. "We'll work this back to Sa before we put it in the box." Yep, that's what happened. A few minutes later we have a throw-in level with the West Ham box. Three passes later and...
  15. Bacon Sandwich

And so to December...

Burnley (H) Liverpool (H) City (A) Brighton (A) Chelsea (H) Watford (H) Arsenal (A) First of all it is madness that nearly 20% of a nine month season is played in one month. Secondly this is going to test our small squad to the absolute limit. Neves suspended for Burnley, Podence testing...
  16. Bacon Sandwich

The Next Three Games

Our next three games are WHU, Norwich and Burnley. Assuming our wafer-thin squad (thanks, Jeff) doesn’t get decimated by injuries on international duty, I think they’ll tell us a lot. No doubt by the time we play them Norwich will have the love-child of Pep, Klopp and God in charge, but we know...
  17. Bacon Sandwich

Ronaldo to wear #7: one rule for Man United?

I see that Ronaldo is to wear #7 for Yernited, taking Cavani's number. Now I'm absolutely certain that when this Ronaldo saga started the rules very clearly stated that when a number for a player had been registered for the season that was it. So Cavani was #7 and that was that. Does anyone...
  18. Bacon Sandwich

Who will have a Breakthrough Season under Bruno?

Given Bruno Lage’s reputation it seems reasonable to think that at least one of Wolves’ young players will have a breakthrough season in 21/22. Who do you think it will be? The player I desperately want it to be is Owen Otasowie. I think there’s a serious, serious midfield player in there –...
  19. Bacon Sandwich

Diego Martinez?

If this is the Spanish guy we've spoken to... https://www.laligalowdown.com/post/from-galicia-to-granada-the-making-of-diego-mart%C3%ADnez
  20. Bacon Sandwich

Fosun to pull out?

https://www.dw.com/en/chinas-communist-party-forcing-investors-to-pull-money-out-of-european-football/a-57171818 Have to say something like this has always been possible. Looking at the way Alibaba has said 'yes, sir' to the CCP today if they tell Fosun to pull out of Wolves they will do. The...
Back
Top Bottom