Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. Alex Rae The Substitute

Glastonbury

Yet it’s one of the only major festivals which lets you take as much of your own booze in as you can carry. People make multiple trips (albeit long ones) to their cars with wheelbarrows stuffed with booze.
  2. Alex Rae The Substitute

The same old, same old, repeated arguments transfer thread

Respect the positivity, but what about this sentence really gives you much optimism? What’s the right price in this current market? Plus it’s a big difference between ‘try’ and ‘will’ get him. Trying my best to not get worried about our transfer activity. But my hunch is we’ll sign nobody of...
  3. Alex Rae The Substitute

Glastonbury

Seeing the Stones next weekend at HP, can’t wait.
  4. Alex Rae The Substitute

Glastonbury

I get that sentiment. Being a ‘home counties’ boy myself, and having been lucky enough to go twice before, including 2019… we spent the whole time that year commenting that there seemed to be more scousers than anyone else. Ended up chatting to a group too, and they said the same. Seemed to be...
  5. Alex Rae The Substitute

Can anyone explain clearly where we are heading ?

I believe Fosun’s plan is for us to just stay roughly 7-12th with minimal investment (can’t really complain if they achieve that). Whether that is where we’re heading though I’m not so sure. I feel 14-20th looks far more likely as things stand.
  6. Alex Rae The Substitute

Out of curiosity (and not being fractious, genuinely interested), will you be satisfied if let’s say hypothetically we keep the current squad and add 1-2 Trincao performance level players on loan? This is just my hunch as to how this window will unfold, give or take Neves staying.
  7. Alex Rae The Substitute

The signs are all quite worrying to be completely honest. All we can do is speculate as none of us are certain of anything. But, I think it is fair to look at previous windows for trajectory of signings, and doing that does set off a few alarm bells. For the last two windows at least we’ve...
  8. Alex Rae The Substitute

Jackett, Ricketts and Murray at The Cleveland Arms

Meant to add to my previous comment that had we ended up not getting promoted that first season in L1 I think there’s a real chance we could still be there now, as our finances would have taken a huge hit the following season, and we’d have lost a lot of quality from the team. We’d unlikely be...
  9. Alex Rae The Substitute

Goalscoring

Shooting, on target, will make a huge impact I reckon. Amount of times I see the ball pulled back to Moutinho, Dendoncker, Neves etc and the ball ends up going into orbit each game. Not just that though, but our attackers getting into the box - just put your laces through it every once in a...
  10. Alex Rae The Substitute

New Shirt Sponsor/Reveal

Disagree, I think the grey/ lime green combo actually looks pretty decent. Far more likely to wear that than the new kit.
  11. Alex Rae The Substitute

New Shirt Sponsor/Reveal

Like the look of some of this new training range. Much more wearable than the kit (in my opinion).
  12. Alex Rae The Substitute

Jackett, Ricketts and Murray at The Cleveland Arms

Kenny Jackett was the perfect man for the job at the time, and although he had superior resources to other teams in L1 he still had to spend it wisely and get the right squad together. I was disappointed when he left, you could tell even at the time that the turgid final season was driven by...
  13. Alex Rae The Substitute

Ki-Jana Hoever

I’ve got a feeling we’ll be clamoring for him to be back in the squad next season ala MGW this summer. Not necessarily a bad thing mind.
  14. Alex Rae The Substitute

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

We’ll allegedly agree terms for this Enzo guy, and then he’ll not be granted a work permit. Wolves will the roll out the “we did everything we could” line.
  15. Alex Rae The Substitute

Roger Johnson loses his case

Recommend listening to the Old Gold podcast featuring him. He came across as a decent, humble guy, and clearly there is two sides to every story.
  16. Alex Rae The Substitute

Your last exciting transfer

Some people really haven’t been excited about a signing for quite some time. Decades even, by the looks of it.
  17. Alex Rae The Substitute

Season Ticket Prices /Relocation/New STs

I’m pretty sure you’ll find there’s another thread on here with this debated at quite some length. My personal feeling is the price increases aren’t fair. But a 95% ST uptake (myself included) would suggest otherwise though.
  18. Alex Rae The Substitute

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Is this window considered more of a success if: A) we sign Palinha, but sell Neves, and also get Seferovic - leaving us a net profit of circa +£15m B) we keep Neves, but sign nobody of note ?
  19. Alex Rae The Substitute

Your last exciting transfer

I think perhaps naively I thought the summer of 2018 would go on to be the norm. Not that I took it for granted, I just thought that was who we were now. Pretty much every transfer window has been an anticlimax since. I was pretty excited when we signed Semedo TBF, just because he was from...
  20. Alex Rae The Substitute

What are your rules for respecting a poster ?

At the end of the day I’m a 36 year old male posting on a football forum, I’d be very embarrassed if my GF or friends found out, so I find anyone that annoys me on here must be at least as sad as me or not worse given I actually have an ok life off here… so I take any kind of beef with a pinch...
Top Bottom