Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. Frank Lincoln

Andy Goram

It is terribly sad to hear that former Rangers and Scotland goalkeeper Andy Goram has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and has been told he only has six months left to live. Andy is only 58 years old, and all anyone can do is hope that he is as pain free and comfortable as possible.
  2. Frank Lincoln

Mark Kennedy (alive and well).

Mark Kennedy has been appointed as manager of Lincoln City. I wish him all the very best. And who can forget his goal in the play off final against Sheffield United.
  3. Frank Lincoln

Samuel Akwasi.

Terribly sad news at the weekend when 13 year old Samuel Akwasi collapsed during a game in the Young Elizabethan League in Nottingham. The boy had suffered a cardiac arrest on the pitch, and despite the efforts of people present, and the use of a defibrillator, Samuel very sadly passed away. It...
  4. Frank Lincoln

Harry Maguire (To boo or not to boo.)

I thought the jeers aimed at Harry Maguire last night were just wrong. He was representing his country, and should have been supported as the other England players were. It was also pleasing to see his England teammates come out in support of Harry after the game. I have never understood why...
  5. Frank Lincoln

Jermain Defoe - Retiring.

Jermain Defoe has announced his retirement from football. What a player he has been. 286 goals in 731 club games and 20 goals for England. Jermain didn't like a tap in, and he always seemed to save something special for when he was playing against Wolves. We sometimes hear about players who...
  6. Frank Lincoln

Bobby Mason - still going strong!

One of our oldest surviving former players is 86 years young today. Bobby Mason played 146 times for Wolves, scoring 44 goals between 1954-62. I started watching Wolves in 1963, so I just missed watching him play. Can any of the more mature folk on here recall seeing him play? He must be one of...
  7. Frank Lincoln

Andy Lochhead

I am sure that people of my generation will remember seeing Andy Lochhead play. He was what we called a proper centre forward, as hard as nails and gave as much as he took. I remember him as one of the finest headers of a ball I have ever seen. He could head the ball as far as some players could...
  8. Frank Lincoln

Watford Predictions.

I expect there will be a reaction after last Saturday. Wolves 3 - 1 Watford
  9. Frank Lincoln

Mike Bailey - 80 years young.

A bit late I know, but yesterday Mike Bailey was 80. He was our 1974 League cup captain, and a true leader on the pitch . I think Mike played over 350 games for Wolves, and epitomised everything that was good in a midfielder back then. Strong, tireless and fearless. He was an inspirational...
  10. Frank Lincoln

Molineux Mix 5 - 0 The Wolf

Just seen this photograph. Before my time on here. Anyone recognise themselves or others.
  11. Frank Lincoln

Fans behaviour.

Another weekend, and again more problems with fans behaviour. There were people coming onto pitches at Rotherham and Nottingham Forest, not to mention the disgusting abuse directed at Bolton Wanderers staff at Morecambe that forced the referee to stop the game. The incident at the City Ground...
  12. Frank Lincoln

Jermain Defoe - Alive and well.

With all the negativity surrounding footballers after the Greenwood affair, let’s remember there is another side to footballers. Jermain Defoe has returned to Sunderland as a free agent, where he wants to end what has been a great 20 plus year professional career. Jermain is one of those people...
  13. Frank Lincoln

Liverpool Predictions.

I may be stark raving mad, but I have got an inkling that we will cause an upset against Liverpool. Wolves 2 - 1 Liverpool.
  14. Frank Lincoln

Kenny Hibbitt - alive and well.

On this day in 1968 Ronnie Allen made his last signing as manager of Wolves. He bought a lad aged just 17 from Bradford Park Avenue. That lad was Kenny Hibbitt who cost Wolves £5,000. Kenny went on to make 574 appearances during a 16 year career at Molineux. He scored 114goals during that time...
  15. Frank Lincoln

Mutchy.

It has been mentioned on the roll call thread, but we haven’t heard from Mutchy for a while. She is normally kept busy keeping us all in check. I know her health has been an issue, I just hope Mutchy is ok. I am sure we will all be grateful if anyone has any information.
  16. Frank Lincoln

David Brooks.

Bournemouth player David Brooks has been diagnosed with cancer. In a statement he said he has been diagnosed with Stage 2 Hodgkin Lymphoma and will begin treatment next week. I wish him all the very best and hope he makes a full recovery.
  17. Frank Lincoln

Pele - Recovering.

Brazilian legend Pele, aged 80, is expected to be moved out of intensive care in the next few days after having surgery to remove a tumour from his colon. Probably the greatest footballer of all time, I send him my best wishes for a full recovery.
  18. Frank Lincoln

8th. September 1888

On the 8th. September 1888 the first football league games ever played took place. The results were : Everton 2 Accrington 1( at Anfield, home of Everton) Aston Villa 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers1 Preston North End 5 Burnley 2 Stoke 0 West Bromwich Albion 2 Bolton Wanderers 3 Derby County 6...
  19. Frank Lincoln

Ron Flowers - alive and well.

Happy 87th birthday to Ron Flowers. Over 450 games for Wolves, 49 England caps and a member of the 1966 World Cup winning squad. Legend is an overused word, but Ron Flowers is a Wolves legend. Happy birthday Sir, have a great day.
  20. Frank Lincoln

Ipswich Town.

Going back to the very sad loss of Paul Mariner, look at this photograph of the 1980 Ipswich team. What a team Bobby Robson built.
Top Bottom