Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Nunes

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liam Keen says that the paperwork means a small hold up and that it won’t be done today, but that it will supposedly be completed tomorrow and that Nunes should fly to England later on.

Either this plane which I am following on Flightradar has on our new god or has some other lucky souls aboard

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've no problem with criticism. I've not problem with airing genuine concern.

However I do have a problem with the vitriolic baseless abuse aimed at the powers that be, of which you are guilty of.

I also find it rich that you feel entitled to spout your nonsense, but are now put out that some now feel entitled to call you out in it. Double standards much?
You need to add in the fact it’s several times a day with regards to every subject

R

reanswolf

Nobody's complaining about "genuine concern".

Some (including me) have made the point that the use of terms such as 'liar's, 'clowns', 'idiots' and the like have no place in a discussion about the success or otherwise of our owners', approaches to managing the club.
I agree, but somebody actually is highlighting my genuine concern as being an example.

It’s a fine line at times I agree, and very emotive because people invest a lot of money time and passion into it.

Not everyone can easily feel emotionally detached, and whilst I do accept that personal abuse is out of order, some of the sanctimonious stuff being posted today smacks of a “ I’m considerably richer ( insert better) than yow mentality”.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve said it’s great having quality covering most of the pitch. But what is badly missing is a striker. If we don’t get one by Saturday we are reducing ourselves to a 34/35 game season and the 5 points already lost could come back to haunt us
Anyway , high time FOSUN got their act together when some seat prices are now unaffordable
Almost a well reasoned post there until you chucked the last sentence in which has no relevance at all.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve said it’s great having quality covering most of the pitch. But what is badly missing is a striker. If we don’t get one by Saturday we are reducing ourselves to a 34/35 game season and the 5 points already lost could come back to haunt us
Anyway , high time FOSUN got their act together when some seat prices are now unaffordable
Not necessarily true , if the players we want aren’t available until a certain date doesn’t really make a difference , if we swapped them for players who we could get in earlier then overall points could be lower over a 38 game season than with these players over a 34/35 …

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, but somebody actually is highlighting my genuine concern as being an example.

Not everyone can easily feel emotionally detached, and whilst I do accept that personal abuse is out of order, some of the sanctimonious stuff being posted today smacks of a “ I’m considerably richer ( insert better) than yow mentality”.
I wouldn't claim to be Mr Perfect when it comes to abuse. Just hoping that, by the end of the window we'll be able to draw the line under the vitriol.

Not holding my breath though ;) (and the window still has a fair way to run!)

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
But you're still determined to find a negative spin. It shouldnt be beyond you to say wow, yes, Wolves have done really well on this one.. The problem is you've made yourself a caricature of negative posting, and mods end up as piggy in the middle.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like many was very concerned about the apparent lack of ambition/urgency , this is appears to have been wrong for whatever reason, and if we get Nunes and a striker I don't think anyone could have asked for anything more, well done to all concerned if they get these over the line.
Upto the manager to get the best out of them.
But Nunes looks just what we need, decent ball carrier and gets about the pitch at pace, which is something we have lacked.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it fair to say Fosun plans have changes and like all fair minded Midlanders we have changed with them ? ;)

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
Is our reporter/supporter up the tree at Compton yet? Do not forget your camera phone.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What blind faith? All the positive signs were there for all to see.
Ahem.

"Just got up, nearly 7am and still no new signings……NONE…….gawd. I don’t tend to overreact, able to see shades of grey and am generally positive about the club but even I would have sworn that we’d have had 3 squad ready players in by now. I won’t bother speculating as to the reasons for the delay, ( gulp….it is a delay, right? ), but a bit of frustration is starting to creep into my subconscious and pushing aside patience and calm."

You are perhaps the most loyal supporter of the Wolves board, and even you were starting to lose it merely two weeks ago. ;) This is why this smug "I told you so" vibe I'm getting from some posters (not you) is irksome. Yes there are those who overreact and cannot keep their emotions in check, but we all perceive time linearly and have to rely on our own experiences. What we saw up until only last week had all the hallmarks of another disappointing window in line with what we've already seen. Worse, because we'd shipped out several players without replacing them.

"Judge them at the end of the window", they always say, "The dominos always fall into place then." Well, we've patiently followed that mantra before; I still remember the collective anger on this board (even from milder posters) when the crucial January 2022 window ended fruitlessly - and went on to torpedo our season as we inevitably ran out of legs. There can be no true despair without hope, as some supervillain once said, so you can understand people's guardedness this Summer.

Then, to spend £75m in a week on two top quality players that should normally be out of our reach, indicates a wild shift into left field for Fosun. Because of the opaque nature of the Wolves board, we can only speculate on why that is. I'd bet the rumoured Qatari investment has something to do with it.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got to say that people were very concerned and worried about this season because of the uncertainty of what was going on earlier in the closed season. Its understandable really, due to the last few windows playing out not great.
Human nature .... I felt the same.
I'm pleased things have changed for the better.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fairly reasonable stuff.
That top one does have a point, we should appreciate where we’re at.
I guess it is always the nature of football fans to want more more more. Some of the moaning has been a tad embarrassing.
That said to judge the mood of a fan base via what comments appear on Twitter or fans forums etc is undoubtedly not an accurate impression to take.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fairly reasonable stuff.
That top one does have a point, we should appreciate where we’re at.
I guess it is always the nature of football fans to want more more more. Some of the moaning has been a tad embarrassing.
That said to judge the mood of a fan base via what comments appear on Twitter or fans forums etc is undoubtedly not an accurate impression to take.
That top poster is spot on. Someone on here recently said they were more disillusioned than at any point in the 50+ years they've been supporting Wolves. They might well be a lying 13 year old for all I know, but it did make me chuckle/despair.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ahem.

"Just got up, nearly 7am and still no new signings……NONE…….gawd. I don’t tend to overreact, able to see shades of grey and am generally positive about the club but even I would have sworn that we’d have had 3 squad ready players in by now. I won’t bother speculating as to the reasons for the delay, ( gulp….it is a delay, right? ), but a bit of frustration is starting to creep into my subconscious and pushing aside patience and calm."

You are perhaps the most loyal supporter of the Wolves board, and even you were starting to lose it merely two weeks ago. ;) This is why this smug "I told you so" vibe I'm getting from some posters (not you) is irksome. Yes there are those who overreact and cannot keep their emotions in check, but we all perceive time linearly and have to rely on our own experiences. What we saw up until only last week had all the hallmarks of another disappointing window in line with what we've already seen. Worse, because we'd shipped out several players without replacing them.

"Judge them at the end of the window", they always say, "The dominos always fall into place then." Well, we've patiently followed that mantra before; I still remember the collective anger on this board (even from milder posters) when the crucial January 2022 window ended fruitlessly - and went on to torpedo our season as we inevitably ran out of legs. There can be no true despair without hope, as some supervillain once said, so you can understand people's guardedness this Summer.

Then, to spend £75m in a week on two top quality players that should normally be out of our reach, indicates a wild shift into left field for Fosun. Because of the opaque nature of the Wolves board, we can only speculate on why that is. I'd bet the rumoured Qatari investment has something to do with it.

I was NOT starting to lose it. Some, ( meaning a tiny amount), frustration at the delay was starting to creep in but never quite took hold.
I felt near the end of last season that this window would be very big , both financially and quality wise and it would be a watershed window for us.
I saw positives where others saw the end of the world or something. To each his own.

However I was absolutely convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Traore/Barca deal was a permanent thing and said so several times. So my record is not great.

Reaction score
Now this is a signing alongside the last 2 that shows more ambition from fosun, I thought from the last 3 seasons we would be treading water for years but this looks promising. Nothing wrong with wanting to do better, UTW.

P.S.
can we get a clinical striker as well please :)

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I wonder if Molineux Insider was just taking a punt or was the real deal after all!

True story - on Saturday before the game I was in the Lupo Lounge and a guy walked past with a t-shirt that said 'The Heron' on it. Makes you think!

Back
Top Bottom