Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I never imagined we’d be challenging Newcastle for a forward. With their Saudi riches I thought they’d blow anyone outside the Sly Six out of the water. Given our squad and number Portuguese players if we are prepared to pay what Benfica want I think we’ll get him. Madness given previous 6 windows.

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
So, in the midst of all this euphoria:

who are the potential candidates for the central striker signing?

Ajorque
Batshuayi
Ramos

???
I’ve got no reason to really believe this but I say it’ll be a complete madness of Ramos AND one of the others!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been reading about Ramos all summer.

It has been said on multiple occasions he will leave at some point and it's generally thought it would be after Benfica's Champions League qualifiers were sorted.

They play the final knockout tie against Dynamo Kyiv on the 23rd (first leg tonight). So I would expect something to happen after that.

Strangely enough they keep saying the new Benfica manager is happy to let him go and that the sale is basically all confirmed, even though he keeps playing him from the start in the Champions League qualifiers.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With a bench of

Sarkic, Jonny, Boly, Toti, Dendoncker, MGW, Adama, Podence, Raul

Reckon we’d have a shot at 7th again (just think the Big Six, with the exception of United who will surely improve at some point, are so so far ahead of everyone that 7th is the highest that any club can aim).

Realistically, still 7th-10th.
It’s Chelsea who I think will drop this year.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has a team ever had 8 players of the same nationality that aren’t English?
Probably not since handle bar moustaches went out of fashion

Didn’t the Honved side we played in the 50s field 7 of the Hungarian XI that humbled England?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, in the midst of all this euphoria:

who are the potential candidates for the central striker signing?

Ajorque
Batshuayi
Ramos

???

Maxi Gomez has been linked, and Belotti is apparently putting the pressure on Roma to sign him or he'll move elsewhere, and we've offered him substantial money.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been reading about Ramos all summer.

It has been said on multiple occasions he will leave at some point and it's generally thought it would be after Benfica's Champions League qualifiers were sorted.

They play the final knockout tie against Dynamo Kyiv on the 23rd (first leg tonight). So I would expect something to happen after that.

Strangely enough they keep saying the new Benfica manager is happy to let him go and that the sale is basically all confirmed, even though he keeps playing him from the start in the Champions League qualifiers.
Abbé he as a replacement or two in line

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Probably not since handle bar moustaches went out of fashion

Didn’t the Honved side we played in the 50s field 7 of the Hungarian XI that humbled England?
All of their players were Hungarian. Most teams had basically whole nationality teams back then though, English teams are probably the exception with British & Irish players.
We had one foreign player though, name and nationality anyone (without checking!).

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
It’s Chelsea who I think will drop this year.

Interesting. I think they look pretty strong again this year.

Mendy
Fofana(?), Silva, Koulibaly
James, Kante, Jorginho, Cucurella/Chilwell
Mount/Pulisic, Sterling
Havertz

If we’re within 12-15 points of them, we’ll have had a really good season.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just me who’d start Jonny LB? Thought RAN looked poor Saturday, but I was watching on a dodgy stream from holiday, so cant judge too harshly

I think a lot of people are saying that. Personally I disagree I like players playing on their correct side and honestly Jonny wasn't much better than RAN. Yes RAN gave away a pen but should of had an assist, the upside is big to let him iron out his mistakes and inconsistencies .

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting. I think they look pretty strong again this year.

Mendy
Fofana(?), Silva, Koulibaly
James, Kante, Jorginho, Cucurella/Chilwell
Mount/Pulisic, Sterling
Havertz

If we’re within 12-15 points of them, we’ll have had a really good season.
I think Tuchel is hugely overrated mate! And while Sterling is a great signing, I think they lack continuity.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that I'm not going to see a thread or post stating the following:

Fosun wants to sell up
Fosun are only interested in ESports
Jeff Shi doesn't have a clue
We have no ambition
We are a selling club

Well until at least the end of January anyway.

Last edited:

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With a bench of

Sarkic, Jonny, Boly, Toti, Dendoncker, MGW, Adama, Podence, Raul

Reckon we’d have a shot at 7th again (just think the Big Six, with the exception of United who will surely improve at some point, are so so far ahead of everyone that 7th is the highest that any club can aim).

Realistically, still 7th-10th.
I disagree Tring. If the new players can click quickly and we do not have a run of injuries to key players I could easily see that team finishing in the top 6.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think a lot of people are saying that. Personally I disagree I like players playing on their correct side and honestly Jonny wasn't much better than RAN. Yes RAN gave away a pen but should of had an assist, the upside is big to let him iron out his mistakes and inconsistencies .
If Semedo is fit, Jonny is straight out imo.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that I'm not going to see a thread or post stating the following:

Fosun wants to sell up
We have no ambition
We are a selling club

Well until at least the end on January anyway.
Give it a week

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we match his ambition he will spend his entire career here, no doubt about it. To think he’s been here what 5/6 years already, he’s a true true legend of the club in the making. Now our captain. I can see him retiring here, can you imagine how emotional a 37 year old Neves’ testimonial would be!!!
Against Porto

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All of their players were Hungarian. Most teams had basically whole nationality teams back then though, English teams are probably the exception with British & Irish players.
We had one foreign player though, name and nationality anyone (without checking!).

Was that the South African player? Name escapes me.

SydneyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Re Ronaldo:
It won’t happen because we can’t/won’t pay his wages but if there is ever a dressing room he would be less of a **** in its one with Moutinho and a bunch of international team mates in a World Cup year.
He easily buries 20+ of the chances we would create for him.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fosun wants to sell up
We have no ambition
We are a selling club

Well until at least the end on January anyway.
Well thats what I have always said..................life seems a lot better when you have just spent several millions of pounds. :D

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Re Ronaldo:
It won’t happen because we can’t/won’t pay his wages but if there is ever a dressing room he would be less of a **** in its one with Moutinho and a bunch of international team mates in a World Cup year.
He easily buries 20+ of the chances we would create for him.
Agree with you don’t think Moutinho would take any **** from him
Loan with Utd paying wages ?

Back
Top Bottom