Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have we still got a special relationship with Jorge Mendes? The only thing he seems to have done in the last twelve months is try and get a move for Adama; has he made any significant contribution since Nuno left?
I know it is not something that we are entitled to, but it is something that we definitely had.
Muppet

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which Gomez are we on about here?
Maxi, the Uruguayan from Valencia. Has been linked in the past. Was really good at Celta Vigo. West Ham offered £40 million or so for him a few years back

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, in the midst of all this euphoria:

who are the potential candidates for the central striker signing?

Ajorque
Batshuayi
Ramos

???
Well the one ITK person, who hinted at Guedes and Nunes.. said the striker hinged around a German club.. which makes me think Silva??

Silva does seem to have more of the fox-in-the-box about him.. which I think we need

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well the one ITK person, who hinted at Guedes and Nunes.. said the striker hinged around a German club.. which makes me think Silva??

Silva does seem to have more of the fox-in-the-box about him.. which I think we need
If I were a betting man, I'd say a loan to buy for Silva. But then again I'd have already lost loads of money betting against us signing Nunes and Guedes

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Maxi, the Uruguayan from Valencia. Has been linked in the past. Was really good at Celta Vigo

A friend of mine (has connections at West Ham) sent me a text a couple of weeks ago saying he’d heard we were in for Gomez.

Tried to subtly put it in this thread.

Would think he is more of a fallback option in case other deals (Ramos, Silva, Ajorque) don’t come off.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else think we might bring in another defender? Perhaps someone that can cover CB and full back, perhaps allowing someone like Mosquera out on loan? We were linked with Potsch a few weeks back and Akanji was mentioned on twitter, albeit very tenuously

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A friend of mine (has connections at West Ham) sent me a text a couple of weeks ago saying he’d heard we were in for Gomez.

Tried to subtly put it in this thread.

Would think he is more of a fallback option in case other deals (Ramos, Silva, Ajorque) don’t come off.
He was a bit of a monster at Celta, but has like a 1 in 4 record at Valencia. I think you're probably right

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else think we might bring in another defender? Perhaps someone that can cover CB and full back, perhaps allowing someone like Mosquera out on loan? We were linked with Potsch a few weeks back and Akanji was mentioned on twitter, albeit very tenuously
Not sure on cb but think a full back might come in

dennison11

Reaction score
I honestly think the new ST will be a loan to buy. With Fabio coming back next season, the new guy will either be bought and will be up to him and Fabio for the No. 9 spot. Raul, I think, will leave and go to the States

colincameron

Reaction score
Also, my contact has told me that Ruben doesn't actually want to leave.
If we match his ambition he will spend his entire career here, no doubt about it. To think he’s been here what 5/6 years already, he’s a true true legend of the club in the making. Now our captain. I can see him retiring here, can you imagine how emotional a 37 year old Neves’ testimonial would be!!!

colincameron

Reaction score
I honestly think the new ST will be a loan to buy. With Fabio coming back next season, the new guy will either be bought and will be up to him and Fabio for the No. 9 spot. Raul, I think, will leave and go to the States
I’d still take Batman on loan with option- but have a feeling it will be bigger now, I have a feeling it will be Ben Yedder on a moutinho type deal from Monaco the way things are shaping up with Jorge atm.

Think he offers something different to Raul, the likes of Andre Silva likely too similar. Raul still a main man here, we walk alternatives not like for like. Ben Y and Raul could play together as a two…

colincameron

Reaction score
Imagine it will be a CB who comfortably play LB too to provide FB cover for RAN, coupled with Jonnys ability to play both sides. Someone ala Jan Vertonghen

Bradstonian

Reaction score
I suppose we could borrow Cristiano Ronaldo from Man Utd as a temporary measure, just as a stand-in until we get an effective replacement. Offer to pay some of his wages too, to sweeten the deal.

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
I think this may happen also. It makes sense.

Think it’ll be the last chance of us getting a decent sum for him and we’ll sell whilst he’s starting to decline.

MontyR

Reaction score
If Ronaldo can get that dire squad to the Europea league then he can get us a top 4 finish lol.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok hear me out... Ronaldo wants out of Man Utd and he doesn't have many suitors right now. Stick the best player in the history of the game upfront Jeff.
Love him or loathe him for becoming a goalhanger, this player would score goals anywhere.

He won't come here, although he could be part of the carousel that brought Nunes from Sporting and he could be going back there.

Back
Top Bottom