Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the gamblers amongst you if you believe everything is now going to fall into place and we will have a good season, and I'm not suggesting we won't now, you can get - Top six finish 28/1 Skybet , 7/2 Top half finish most bookies inc Skybet and Bet 365 and 7/1 Top midlands club with Betway. I wonder how much those odds might change in the coming days!
Got to be worth a punt.
Also had a really cheeky £5 @ 100/1 (boosted) for Top 4 - :cool: via Ladbrokes

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
Thank you, mate. I'd taken the 7'2 for the top half but that 8/1 for the top Midlands (BetVictor) is a ludicrous price. I've had as much as they'll allow me.
No worries and yeah I thought the same, only did it with Betway as have an account with them but when you look at that price to finish above Leicester Villa and Forest it's massive.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Collins, Guedes and Nunes plus hopefully a decent CF is amazing.
But this puts massive pressure on Bruno
Investment companies don't part with this sort of money without expecting results.
Hope things go well for Bruno. He has the tools now.
It’s a win win for us. Those of us who have concerns about Bruno may have it rammed down our throats - happy for that to happen. If he doesn’t get a tune out of this squad he gets fired and we are an attractive proposition for good managers as we have high quality players.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Investment companies don't part with this sort of money without expecting results.

Yep, thought the same myself last night. With the stronger squad and statement of intent this window, even relatively high profile coaches might be tempted should Bruno not get this squad humming quickly.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty confident Bruno would prefer to have the players he wants and no excuses than an inherited squad and plenty of excuses

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could see Donk going with an up an coming replacing him

I don't think so - He's come for a lot of flack over the last couple of years, but in both games this season he's been very good, particularly Saturday.

I imagine signing Nunes spells the end for Ronan and Jordao (who is already off to Santa Clara) and a loan out for Cundle.

SWest Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Feel a bit sorry for Nuno now….he wanted investment. Wonder what he could have done with the players we will have now?
Not saying Nuno should have stayed, but it was obvious he wanted new players which never really materialised.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did they describe us as Manchester United rivals?
To be fair in the last 5 years we pretty much have been and had a great record against them.

Plus we are shopping in the same store for players with where they are currently in terms of pitch and table performance. As we were as good if not better than them for large chunks of last season.

Plus how toxic their dressing room is and it is well known it isn’t a good place to be in terms of squad cohesion and players getting on. Why would you join them? Also look at the regression of their last few “major” signings…… that wouldn’t entice me as their new signings do ok for a while then get sucked into playing like their team mates well bellow “man utd’s level” that we have traditionally seen.

As we are as likely as them to win any trophies currently and have a dressing room that clearly get on and play for each other something UTD just don’t have.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree it’s defo a season or two before this squad is at its best, but I really think the addition of Nunes if it happens, and a focal point, could make us a really really good team as soon as it takes the pitch
Told you we were gearing up for our 150th anniversary by winning the Champions League get in there

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
What a statement of intent this week has been.

I repeatedly said that we shouldn’t have been in the situation we found ourselves in for the Leeds game but am more than happy to eat a huge, delicious slice of humble pie. We were obviously confident that we could get players of the quality of Nunes and Guedes in and kept our powder dry until we did.

About a month ago, I (half-jokingly) said on here that my ‘dream window’ would leave us with a team something along the lines of:

Sa
Semedo, Collins, Kilman, RAN
Nunes, Neves
Guedes, Ramos, Neto
Raul

Sarkic, Jonny, Coady, Boly, Moutinho, Dendoncker, Podence, Adama, MGW (or Hwang if MGW sold to fund some of the incomings).

Never really thought we’d get anywhere close to that but with the exception of the striker situation, Fosun have now addressed all of the ‘problem areas’ and with long-term, top quality signings.

Huge credit and a massive thank you to all those involved.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
All the naysayers should be forced to crawl ten laps of the Molineux kissing smalltime Jeff's feet at each lap!
Has anyone noticed that certain more “negative“ posters are suddenly absent today? Having previously been on here almost 24/7 repeating the same “we’re doomed” posts and dismissing anyone saying positive things about the club.

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reason Lage got the job was his knowledge of the youth in Portugal, it has taken until now to be in a position to deliver on what he wants. I am sure it’s partly because of him that they are coming, let’s give the bloke some credit and see how it pans out, judge him on his team when its together

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So when Fosun wrote off 100+ million was it for ffp purposes rather than to sell as some suggested?

MiddlesexWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
So... do any of those who get snippets hear any further rumblings on a Striker?

Hoping that this is the start of a domino affect of us bringing in some quality swiftly.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can't wait to see who the striker is... Fingers crossed its sorted before Friday!

Got to put my hands up and say I had a good moan about Jeff etc, at the time things did look dodgy - especially on the back of the last few windows and 'needing to sell to buy' - but they're smelling of roses now! It does seem like there's been a sudden/very welcome injection of capital from somewhere - guess we might hear more about that in due course....

Back
Top Bottom