Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Nunes

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparantly so, but looks like he's signing for us. He'll be a great acquisition but there must be a reason Liverpool and City haven't pushed for him. Not saying he won't improve us but one player isn't going propel us to the next level.
He's one of the best in Europe for taking the ball under pressure with his back to goal in his own half and progressing into an attacking position quickly without losing the ball, so I respectfully disagree - no player alone can propel any club to the next level, but Nunes is precisely the kind of player we are missing.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we can get this wrapped up as soon as possible before a Liverpool, Man City, etc. swoop in at the last minute.

Me too.

After what Pep said about him you never know. Rumours about Bernardo Silva interesting Barcelona so City will want a replacement.

Gerrimmin quick!

We don’t want another Steve Sidwell moment lol! :)

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He's one of the best in Europe for taking the ball under pressure with his back to goal in his own half and progressing into an attacking position quickly without losing the ball, so I respectfully disagree - no player alone can propel any club to the next level, but Nunes is precisely the kind of player we are missing.
Bingo. Was one of our key weaknesses

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes isn't going to come here and camp out in front of our central defenders . This is the type of player we have needed for a few seasons . Just hope he is coming as I think he will push the team higher up the pitch which will mean more time attacking hopefully.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So I know Nunes is highly rated and Seema a world class player in the making....but what sort of player is he? I assume not a goalscorer from his stats. Can someone suggest a player to whom he is similar

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't the agreed fee for Trincao about 30mil as well, if so we would have already had that ready to spend on him and instead he has gone to sporting on loan, we have signed Nunes and given Sporting the money to buy Trincao at the end of his loan. Perhaps a creative way by Mendes to get Barcelona that money for Trincao and us a different player that we felt was a higher priority.
If you read the Sporting forum very few of them say Nunes is leaving for Wolves; they all say he's being sold to 'the carousel'.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So I know Nunes is highly rated and Seema a world class player in the making....but what sort of player is he? I assume not a goalscorer from his stats. Can someone suggest a player to whom he is similar

Midfielder who can pick the ball up, beat one or two men in the middle of park and play from there

He’s not an attacking player as such, just an all round midfielder

He’s everything our midfield has lacked - skill, mobility and most importantly being able to dribble with the ball forwards

This is a game changer for us, and if we sign a striker - europe would be back on the cards it’s that big a signing

He always has an unbelievable shot .

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
Jobs need to be assigned:
1. Up a tree/hiding in bushes at Compton.
2. Frying the black pudding at The Mount.
3. Tracking flights into Halfpenny Green Airport.
4. Shirt printing in the club shop. Checking the stock level for the letter N.
5. Providing me with clean underwear if/when this gets confirmed.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now it’s been given the here we go treatment, corrrr!

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha I reckon there will be investment in blocking off access to trees to spy on new players arriving... :wink:

Himleywolf

Reaction score
Never heard of him till a couple of weeks ago but if Adrian says he's good he must be good.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reported on the BBC website Wolves page that we have signed him now. It must be true!

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Compared to the potential Renato Sanches transfer last season, this Nunes one seems a lot more prepared and thought out. The Sanches one came across as opportunistic given how late it happened and fell apart.

Well done to the Wolves hierarchy.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Compared to the potential Renato Sanches transfer last season, this Nunes one seems a lot more prepared and thought out. The Sanches one came across as opportunistic given how late it happened and fell apart.

Well done to the Wolves hierarchy.

I get why we didn't get Sanches while absolutely a quality player he is injury prone. That is fine for a team like PSG who have squad depth but for us it's transfer money and high wages on a player who probably won't play a third of the season most years.

Back
Top Bottom