Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IF this Nunes transfer does happen there should be a few embarrassed people on this thread with some of the ****e they have come out with over the past few weeks……..but they won’t be!!?
I’ll be posting a humble ‘Jeff I’m Sorry’thread after my post Leeds meltdown if this goes through. But embarrassed… nah - I called it how I felt at the time. Football is an emotional game and I love the club.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
About bloody time to be fair! We have had some really useless transfer windows for the last couple of seasons and I was mystified why we didnt back Bruno when he joined so its good to see it happen . Lets hope it all goes smoothly. A striker would also be good. Then we can all change our season predictions and look forward to a bit more excitement than in the last two years , especially at home. I , for one , am keeping everything crossed.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
IF this Nunes transfer does happen there should be a few embarrassed people on this thread with some of the ****e they have come out with over the past few weeks……..but they won’t be!!?
In all fairness Jeff and Sellars have done us proper.
"Self sustainability"
*Jeff : "Scott, fetch me my ****ing cheque book, we are going shopping lad"
Who saw this coming ?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed in one sense but, in another, this is a huge about face from Wolves.

I don't rate Scott Sellars and I don't think he's done a very good job at Wolves. Our alarming ability to get close to a transfer and then for it to fall through has been one constant of his tenure. Whether or not it's his fault is up for debate, but one would have hoped that the head honcho of transfer would have had a backup plan. As I always go back, scrambling to get Kamara and Moore at 10pm last deadline day was a farce.

BUT, Sellars presided over a net zero policy. Its a lot easier to get transfers over the line when you have a "let's spend" policy.

Let's just all enjoy the tap being turned back on though!

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In all fairness Jeff and Sellars have done us proper.
"Self sustainability"
*Jeff : "Scott, fetch me my ****ing cheque book, we are going shopping lad"
Who saw this coming ?
Additional investment from outside I’ve heard so pretty much nobody, was rumblings a few weeks ago but pretty much a done deal now apparently.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if that was the case then they'd have had to publicly declare it?
They will but not if the money is promised but not invested yet. They could be spending prospective money.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They will but not if the money is promised but not invested yet. They could be spending prospective money.

That sounds a little bit like trying to find a way to not give Fosun any credit! I can't imagine any investor would want major signings being made before they could have input, that's just not how football or investment generally works.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we get Nunes over the line and Neves stays that's one hell of a midfield. Jeff's massive transfer dong whacked back on the table.

By the looks of it Bruno doesn't trust the likes of Cundle or Ronan to start so you'd think another midfielder on the way if he wants to play 3 in the middle and have competition for each place.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We aren't a publicly traded company

No, but Fosun are - if they're selling off parts of a holding, then I think they'd have to declare it?

But aside from that, I just can't see someone investing in a club and wanting to give Fosun a big war chest to spend - the much simpler and more likely explanation is that Fosun/Guo have turned the taps back on.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough…….but let him cast the first stone ?

personally, I think those of us who are pure should go the top of the line for the free beer…;)

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, but Fosun are - if they're selling off parts of a holding, then I think they'd have to declare it?

But aside from that, I just can't see someone investing in a club and wanting to give Fosun a big war chest to spend - the much simpler and more likely explanation is that Fosun/Guo have turned the taps back on.
Well, either way, a fan has to wonder which of your scenarios best suits the fans……ahhhhh,……there’s the rub.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That is my belief.

There is a lot of investment talk though, so one imagines that at least forms a part of it.

From my understanding, Guo is pushing all of this personally. Grasshoppers are also set to benefit (financially).

Bloody hell - why couldn't we have this post European qualification?

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

It's quite possible they've turned the tap back on to attract investment. You could forgive any potential investor from being a bit sceptical of Fosun's intentions over the last few years of self sufficiency.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think maybe Fosun have seen that the investment will start to lose money after this season if we carried on as it was .

As people can dress it up how they want . But We have been like a rubber dingy bobbing about in the ocean waiting for the coastguard to come over the last couple of seasons regarding progression of the playing staff IMO.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They were quite right in the criticism of fosun over the last couple of years. Now they are redeeming themselves.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I couldn't sleep last night ruminating over the transfer.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for:

Spiers: "A lot of noise about Wolves signing Nunes. I'm told this is wide of the mark. Instead, Wolves have reignited their interest in Bournemouth hotshot Kieffer Moore"
Then three weeks later from Steve Madeley - "hearing Wolves are preparing a bid for Patrick Cutrone from Ac Milan"

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Phew, really glad we didn't faffety faff here
Is this really happening? How do we go from haggling with Cardiff for Kieffer Moore to dropping 23 million on a CB, 35 million on a winger and then 50 million on one of the most talented CMs on the planet.
I do not have the words to describe how mental this feels.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where does this leave sellars? It seems they are ignoring his list and going with uncle jorge's.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where does this leave sellars? It seems they are ignoring his list and going with uncle jorge's.
I suspect he will either be out the door or will be a token figure.

He is not involved in these deals

(No insider info here ... Just a strong suspicion)

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm guessing irishman Nathan Collins isn't a Mendes recommendation tbf.

We will always have room for a Mendes signing but still need to go elsewhere at times.

Back
Top Bottom