Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Nunes

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thinking that by this time next week...
Neves will have signed a new contract, Nunes will have joined and MGW will have gone to Forest for £35m + adds.
So that’s upgrade MGW, get the midfielder we’ve always needed, at a net cost of about £30m?
Sounds alright to me.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it fair to say that ‘sell to buy’ was so YESTERDAY and that we’re now back in contention?
Yes. As far as I understand - and at this point, I'm almost certain that this information has been proven bona fide - we started this window anticipating a £0 net spend, selling Neves and getting in 3/4 good youngish players.

Something changed about 3 weeks ago and it's back to plan A!

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So that’s upgrade MGW, get the midfielder we’ve always needed, at a net cost of about £30m?
Sounds alright to me.

Wasn't the agreed fee for Trincao about 30mil as well, if so we would have already had that ready to spend on him and instead he has gone to sporting on loan, we have signed Nunes and given Sporting the money to buy Trincao at the end of his loan. Perhaps a creative way by Mendes to get Barcelona that money for Trincao and us a different player that we felt was a higher priority.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
The best late night birthday treat I could have asked for…well almost…

Along with Guedes, this is an unbelievable statement of intent. Neves in the Championship was unbelievable but he wasn’t a regular at Porto. Moutinho was incredible but approaching the twilight of his career. Given that he is coming into his prime and some of the other clubs that have been linked with him, signing Nunes is almost ridiculous.

Huge kudos to everyone involved.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Along with Guedes, this is an unbelievable statement of intent. Neves in the Championship was unbelievable but he wasn’t a regular at Porto. Moutinho was incredible but approaching the twilight of his career. Given that he is coming into his prime and some of the other clubs that have been linked with him, signing Nunes is almost ridiculous.

Hope you had a great Birthday Tring.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems as if that tweet about Wolves giving Nunes til the 15th to see if a CL club came in was perhaps true. Might explain the timing of the West Ham bid too: if they had wind of this they'd have wanted to leave it as late as possible.

Suspect Boubacar Traore was being monitored in case we needed Plan B.
Suspect so. So maybe, just maybe, the club knew what they were doing not rushing through a signing for players like that?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Kinda cool, eh friend?
Although, to me at least, Fosun have already shown their intents along the way.
Last one was Bruno, ( for better or worse but a statement all the same).
And one of the biggest was the gamble by an savvy global investment company buy an unproven kid for £35m . ( Now that took Ultra Cojones ).

Last edited:

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched a lot of those videos on YouTube over the last few weeks where people predicted where each team would finish. They all either said we'd just survive or come 11th/12th...

I bet they've changed their tune now! I've said previously that if we get Nunes we're getting ECL as a minimum. I reckon that may happen now!

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparantly so, but looks like he's signing for us. He'll be a great acquisition but there must be a reason Liverpool and City haven't pushed for him. Not saying he won't improve us but one player isn't going propel us to the next level.
It is not just one player though. Guedes comes with a strong attacking CV too. If we can sign a striker to compete with Raul, I think we could well challenge the top 6.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds alright to me.
Don’t think we need to upgrade MGW, he will benefit from playing with Guedes, Nunes (hopefully) and (possibly) a new striker and is still to reach his peak; Podence has peaked in my view and is more “streaky”,injury prone and dives too much. Good squad player for competition and cover though. And we need competition and cover, we have never really had that in many positions.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

the biggest ballons were those blown up by the Mixers with a LOT of hot air:)

1660630452648.jpeg

Last edited:

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no doubt signing Nunes is a fantastic result, if we can get it over the line. Just the type of midfielder we have needed for four years.

But what is more interesting is Bruno saying last week that he wanted 3 or 4 players on top of Guedes and Collins.

If we do get Nunes that takes our spending to £85m and we must see at least a striker being added to that. I would expect a loan to buy, but you never know.

How are they funding this is the big question. Its OK to say external investment but how does it play out for FFP?

I am sure I read somewhere that we could spend upto £70m and still be within the limits, I am sure some did a table to say what all the clubs could spend?

This suggests we will see a major sale to part fund all this spending, I just hope we keep MGW but with Guedes arrival you do wonder if MGW or Podence might be sacrificed?

Let's enjoy the moment, and hope we don't get gazumped at the last minute. But it does look like Guo and Mendes are back in the house!

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no doubt signing Nunes is a fantastic result, if we can get it over the line. Just the type of midfielder we have needed for four years.

But what is more interesting is Bruno saying last week that he wanted 3 or 4 players on top of Guedes and Collins.

If we do get Nunes that takes our spending to £85m and we must see at least a striker being added to that. I would expect a loan to buy, but you never know.

How are they funding this is the big question. Its OK to say external investment but how does it play out for FFP?

I am sure I read somewhere that we could spend upto £70m and still be within the limits, I am sure some did a table to say what all the clubs could spend?

This suggests we will see a major sale to part fund all this spending, I just hope we keep MGW but with Guedes arrival you do wonder if MGW or Podence might be sacrificed?

Let's enjoy the moment, and hope we don't get gazumped at the last minute. But it does look like Guo and Mendes are back in the house!
Include the £13 Million for Hwang on his permanent and that becomes £98 Million.

Biggest window in terms of money spent in the club’s history?

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Reckon we could all do with an updated ffp lesson. I dont know now if we are at the over 100m loss over 3 years, or that we are now that wages are a certain percentage of turnover.

The 70m thing was prior to the latest accounts so that figure will increase with the profits posted.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Guo and Mendes never left……..jesus, why would anybody believe otherwise?

Its always surprising to me that seldom , ( if ever ), Mixers ever wonder how much autonomy Jeff has.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

£70M was including the year we had £30M net spend. That would have gone off the books for FFP this season, so we'd have had two years of profit. You can lose £120M over 3 years so we'd have massive FFP wiggle room.

However I still believe there will be a fairly substantial outgoing

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Is Hugh Kudos, the striker, then?

Back
Top Bottom