Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would he be robust enough?
Is there a danger he’d be a bit like Vitinha in so much as looking great in some other league but being a tad lightweight for here?

He's nothing like Vitinha in terms of stature (probably 5 inches taller and a couple of stone heavier!).

And from what I've seen, he's competitive and can mix it up better than any of our current crop of midfielders.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Their net spend will be fine they have 3 years to balance that over and their revenue is insane. Lost some pretty big earners on a free as well, wages less than 70% of turnover last year

Yeah, but bear in mind that the 90% rule drops to 80% next season and then 70% the season after.

So if they don't balance the books along the way, they'll be in a situation where they have no wriggle room to spend when it gets to the 70% level.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Goals aren't the only indicator of a good player that can totally revolutionise your team and how they play.

Case in point - Ruben Neves.
I did say prioritise. Limited resources - no goal scorers . We have Ruben Neves

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yeah, but bear in mind that the 90% rule drops to 80% next season and then 70% the season after.

So if they don't balance the books along the way, they'll be in a situation where they have no wriggle room to spend when it gets to the 70% level.
Their revenues will improve as Champions League money goes up in a pretty big way next few years, they'll be more than fine without needing to move out a small contract on Gallagher. Especially some of their older earners will be leaving on massive money (Jorginho, Kante etc).

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said it before, he reminds me of Guimaraes at Newcastle. About as box to box as you can get!
This is who comes to mind for me as an immediate comparison, also quite interesting as Lage really, really wanted Bruno Guimarães when he was at Benfica, right back when he was still playing for Athletico Paranaense in Brasil before moving to Lyon.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

That does make sense tbf, massive upgrade for them. Him, Rabiot (who isn't brilliant but is better than McTominay who I wouldn't take here) and Fernandes is a good trio.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

If Nunes turns us and West Ham down because he wants Champions League football, then goes to Man Utd, you’d have to question his IQ…
Going to have a much better chance though unfortunately, not this year or even next but over life of his contract

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You? Which goalscorer that comes into a team that doesn't create a huge amount and scores - for £45M ?
You saying they don’t exist ? We havent bought one for 4 years. AND IT REALLY ISN'T MY PAID JOB.
I hadn’t heard of Jimenez or Jota , or Salah, or Kane or Mane or Jesus before they became famous.
All I know for the last two years almost every club including Norwich and Burnley have had better individual goal-scorers than us.
But I should imagine there are a good number in Europe America, Africa or Asia . Under 45 million

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

You saying they don’t exist ?
I hadn’t heard of Jimenez or Jota , or Salah, or Kane or Mane or Jesus before they became famous.
All I know for the last two years none of our players every club including Norwich and Burnley have had better individual goal-scorers than us.
But I should imagine there are a good number in Europe America, Africa or Asia .
Can you name 1 ?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You saying they don’t exist ? We have bought one for 4 years.
All I know for the last two years almost every club including Norwich and Burnley have had better individual goal-scorers than us.
But I should imagine there are a good number in Europe America, Africa or Asia .

All players largely derided by us, too. Neil Maupay! Never rated him, but would be comfortably our top goalscorer these past 2 seasons. Pukki, probably the same.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not one to get told any sort of itk type rumours about the club usually, but I did have a friend tell me about a week or more ago now that we had an agreement with Sporting, Mendes & Nunes in place but Nunes had requested that it be put on hold till the 15th due to potential interest from City & Liverpool which would obviously be too good to turn down for him.

Kind of just took little notice of it as I thought it was probably just some twitter nonsense he must have read but the fact there is now a reporter claiming we are preparing a bid for Nunes today makes me think there may be some truth to what my friend told me.

Clipboard

Reaction score
Not one to get told any sort of itk type rumours about the club usually, but I did have a friend tell me about a week or more ago now that we had an agreement with Sporting, Mendes & Nunes in place but Nunes had requested that it be put on hold till the 15th due to potential interest from City & Liverpool which would obviously be too good to turn down for him.

Kind of just took little notice of it as I thought it was probably just some twitter nonsense he must have read but the fact there is now a reporter claiming we are preparing a bid for Nunes today makes me think there may be some truth to what my friend told me.
Fingers crossed

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Nunes turns us and West Ham down because he wants Champions League football, then goes to Man Utd, you’d have to question his IQ…
Or maybe ours for using our energy chasing players who dont seem to want to come here.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Maybe he did get it from twitter as I saw this earlier today aswell..

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gallagher could be available if Chelsea sign a mid, who would you prefer, Gallagher or Nunes if they were the same price

Gallagher every day for me the kid is a future England captain
Can’t we have them both? Lol!

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well if rumours are to be believed, he should have signed today? Anyone checked flight tracker? Also where did the Bruno Lage in Lisbon come from?

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gallagher could be available if Chelsea sign a mid, who would you prefer, Gallagher or Nunes if they were the same price

Gallagher every day for me the kid is a future England captain
Isn't Kante injured? If so I think he'll stay with Chelsea

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure that weather he's a dunce or has an IQ of Albert Einstein , he knows all about the dollars that they pay out at United mate.

Back
Top Bottom