Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
crikey. After that powder puff performance on Saturday people need sacking if they can’t see the obvious deficiencies in that team
You just know we will panic buy a Willian Jose type and hope it suffices
I’m fast losing any sort of patience I had with this lot. They’ve had weeks to get it sorted and now we’re faffing around allegedly wasting time talking to players that as just not interested
Sort it the **** out

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know what’s happening with Bonatini, Cutrone and, in due course, loan/exits for Cundle, Campbell and Ronan?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can anybody else see Ronaldo ending up at sporting.....this is all pressure from Jorge I reckon

Absolutely.

I don't think any other elite club wants him.

But he is desperate to play in the Champions League (Sporting have qualified for the Group Stages of the CL).

And he's always said that he will return to Sporting at some point.

Just as an aside. Ronaldo played 2 UEFA Cup games for Sporting in 02/03, but he's never played a Europa League game since it's creation in 09/10.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fwiw, I've been told the phrases: "Making up for lost time" and "tap turned back on"

I've also been told additional investment is close, but the signings aren't contingent upon that. My suspicion is that we will have a big last week. I had this same suspicion last year (albeit with no evidence/sources then), so perhaps I'm not the greatest judge of these things.

But I agree with @WeAreTheWolvesII that we effectively have a 36 game season now because of our transfer delays. If we go and sign some massive names - fair enough. But it doesn't quite make sense to me.

Then again, I'd MUCH rather be back on the Mendes carousel then see Scott Sellars scrambling and telling us all how well things are going.

Tldr: significant money to spend. Poor start to the season worries me.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need Nunes in the CM role driving us forward as we look clueless at the moment trying to create chances . Then If we got Silva then hopefully we could start to see us get more goals .

If not then I think Bruno would be gone in a few months .

MontyR

Reaction score
Gallagher could be available if Chelsea sign a mid, who would you prefer, Gallagher or Nunes if they were the same price

Gallagher every day for me the kid is a future England captain
They're trying to get Anthony Gordon for £50m too. I reckon a swap deal could be done with MGW, especially if he's not anywhere closer to signing a new contract.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gallagher could be available if Chelsea sign a mid, who would you prefer, Gallagher or Nunes if they were the same price

Get both

Loan out Cundle and sell Ronan and Dendonker if we got an offer

Job done on the CM positions

Play them in a 3 with Neves and then up top Neto and Guedes with A Silva leading the line

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So let me get this straight, Sporting haven't accepted a bid? Or the player doesn't want to come here? Or both?

It would seem that a player who is not happy to sign is a bit of a moot point when the club haven't got to accepting the offer yet.

I'm aware that oftentimes personal terms can be agreed before a transfer takes place, but it seems as if we are putting the cart before the horse with this one.

Of course all bets are off if he doesn't want to come, but this seems a bit protracted to be honest.

In this instance, I think we already know what Sporting would accept for him. It would explain why Guo was in Lisbon when we played them pre-season.

I think we get Mendes on the case with the player and as soon as we get the green light from the player we go to Sporting with what they want.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

In this instance, I think we already know what Sporting would accept for him. It would explain why Guo was in Lisbon when we played them pre-season.

I think we get Mendes on the case with the player and as soon as we get the green light from the player we go to Sporting with what they want.
Doing deal with club should be fine, it is 100% the player. Don't think he sees how we offer him anything that Sporting can't

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So is the deal Mendes has brewing - Ronaldo to Sporting and Nunes to us? Or is it the full circle - Ronaldo to Sporting, Nunes to us and Neves to United?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

So is the deal Mendes has brewing - Ronaldo to Sporting and Nunes to us? Or is it the full circle - Ronaldo to Sporting, Nunes to us and Neves to United?
I find it impossible for us to sign Nunes without Neves or MGW going. MGW going to facilitate Nunes would be fine, Neves we'd need another in although if we got them I'd take the swap.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fwiw, I've been told the phrases: "Making up for lost time" and "tap turned back on"

I've also been told additional investment is close, but the signings aren't contingent upon that. My suspicion is that we will have a big last week. I had this same suspicion last year (albeit with no evidence/sources then), so perhaps I'm not the greatest judge of these things.

But I agree with @WeAreTheWolvesII that we effectively have a 36 game season now because of our transfer delays. If we go and sign some massive names - fair enough. But it doesn't quite make sense to me.

Then again, I'd MUCH rather be back on the Mendes carousel then see Scott Sellars scrambling and telling us all how well things are going.

Tldr: significant money to spend. Poor start to the season worries me.

I've not kept a watching eye on your posts to know if they have some semblence of truth or if it appears you do have insider information. I don't know what your success rate is.

But if this all comes to fruition I will gladly drive to wherever it is you live and buy dinner for the two of us.

Conversely if this doesn't come to fruition I will gladly drive to wherever it is you live and ensure you tread on a plug when barefoot.

So...What's it to be? Sticking with your sources? :sunglasses:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't really get why Chelsea would sell Gallagher, surely loan him if anything.
Inclined to agree. They’ve been bitten quite badly a few times in recent years letting young players go too readily.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Gallagher is EPL oven ready. Proven.

Last edited:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it impossible for us to sign Nunes without Neves or MGW going. MGW going to facilitate Nunes would be fine, Neves we'd need another in although if we got them I'd take the swap.
What sort of player is Nunes?
Have it in my mind he’s quite attacking? Would he play in a midfield 2 behind 4 attacking players??

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't really get why Chelsea would sell Gallagher, surely loan him if anything.

Despite their huge turnover, they still have to balance the books. FFP rules now mean their wage bill and transfer spend (amortisation cost) can't be more than 90% of their turnover.

So far they've spent £168m and only recouped £26m.

If they are spending more, they will have to recoup more.

If Gallagher is going to be 4th or 5th choice in CM, but they could get £40m+ for him, they might be tempted.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've not kept a watching eye on your posts to know if they have some semblence of truth or if it appears you do have insider information. I don't know what your success rate is.

But if this all comes to fruition I will gladly drive to wherever it is you live and buy dinner for the two of us.

Conversely if this doesn't come to fruition I will gladly drive to wherever it is you live and ensure you tread on a plug when barefoot.

So...What's it to be? Sticking with your sources? :sunglasses:
Hahahahahahahahaha. Excellent message.

This last few months has been the only time I've ever had kernels of information passed down to my low table, so I'm still getting fat on the anonymous internet fame.

Previously:
Moutinho signs new deal.
Fosun money + renewed interest early last week
Raul scan
MGW is going to be sold (that player who still plays for us!)
I also revealed we had signed Osorio (the guy who doesn't play for us and probably won't!).

It's all very exciting for me, as I've never had any insider info before and now I'm literally James Bond.

I'll prepare the plug socket just in case.

(As a disclaimer, I have zero first hand knowledge any more. I'm reliant upon the kindness of (internet) strangers). They've been very reliable so far. I REALLY REALLY hope this continues as we need upgrades massively.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Gallagher would be.my dream signing. I think he's world class. If he leaves, one imagines it would be back to palace though.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said it before, he reminds me of Guimaraes at Newcastle. About as box to box as you can get!
Would he be robust enough?
Is there a danger he’d be a bit like Vitinha in so much as looking great in some other league but being a tad lightweight for here?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

What sort of player is Nunes?
Have it in my mind he’s quite attacking? Would he play in a midfield 2 behind 4 attacking players??
Bit deeper than attacking, dribbles from deep a lot. Does a decent bit of defensive work but I'd be a bit concerned with the bolded

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely.

I don't think any other elite club wants him.

But he is desperate to play in the Champions League (Sporting have qualified for the Group Stages of the CL).

And he's always said that he will return to Sporting at some point.

Just as an aside. Ronaldo played 2 UEFA Cup games for Sporting in 02/03, but he's never played a Europa League game since it's creation in 09/10.
Is he desperate enough to play for no wages or is money more important

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he desperate enough to play for no wages or is money more important

I'd imagine that United wouldn't want to lose him completely.

He might even be allowed to go on loan for a season with United paying some of his wages.

Then Sporting would use the fee from Nunes to pay the rest.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Despite their huge turnover, they still have to balance the books. FFP rules now mean their wage bill and transfer spend (amortisation cost) can't be more than 90% of their turnover.

So far they've spent £168m and only recouped £26m.

If they are spending more, they will have to recoup more.

If Gallagher is going to be 4th or 5th choice in CM, but they could get £40m+ for him, they might be tempted.
Their net spend will be fine they have 3 years to balance that over and their revenue is insane. Lost some pretty big earners on a free as well, wages less than 70% of turnover last year

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure that's the case. All the sounds have been about new contracts for both. Unless someone comes in with a massive bid for Neves. I think the near-zero net spend over the previous two transfer windows gives us a lot of maneuverability now regarding FFP, even in spite of the £57m already spent this summer.

I think the pursestrings have been loosened by Guo, probably with some influence from the Chinese government encouraging foreign investment again, which wasn't the case during the pandemic, hence why Mendes is suddenly very prominently back in the picture.

My feeling is they're playing catch up now to make up for the regression over the last two years, and get the goal of top six by 2026 (the 10 year project) back on track. Nunes and Ramos would certainly achieve that, even if it seems like very wishful thinking now.

Back
Top Bottom