Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Silva loan

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anyone thinking the Belgian league is too weak, look at some of the players that have left for big money - Jupiler Pro League - Transfer records

I'm sure the moaners on here would be singing a different tune if we signed a CDK, Jonathan David, Jeremy Doku or Victor Osimhen next year. At current rate, Fabio might even outperform those guys.

Then we have a 35m player on our hands.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Anyone thinking the Belgian league is too weak, look at some of the players that have left for big money - Jupiler Pro League - Transfer records

I'm sure the moaners on here would be singing a different tune if we signed a CDK, Jonathan David, Jeremy Doku or Victor Osimhen next year. At current rate, Fabio might even outperform those guys.

More the players he is going up against, clearly Belgian clubs produce great talents but it is the depth. However those goals and assists and general play is just excellent play and as you say the stuff the aforementioned did.

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Osimhen for example went to Napoli for £67m a year after getting 12 goals 3 assists in 24 games in Belgium

At this rate Fabio will have that record by the end of August

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not surprised to see him doing so well. If you saw him when he played for us in the second part of last season his play was very good and all he was missing was a goal. The biggest surprise for me was Lage preferring Hwang to him in some games. Good that he is doing well. Extremely poor, though and frustrating that we have still not replaced him and it is costing us points.

ToastedWanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
Fabio is showing he is a class above. He's doing it with a smile on his face, while bonding with team mates and fans. He's a very likeable lad on and off the pitch despite all the crap thrown his way due to his fee.

We must ensure that its Wolves that integrate him into the Premier league in subsequent seasons, for me it will be a failure (and a travesty), if we let another club take him on this time next year..

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get how anybody can criticise the actual loan move itself. It's almost the perfect scenario for Fabio; big club, decent standard (not quite the farmer's league people seem to suggest) and European football to boot.

What would have been a terrible idea and a shocking move by the club is to loan him to a higher level and have him not hit the ground running so he's backup elsewhere instead. The lad's just turned 20 FFS and people are expecting him to go to La Liga or Serie A on loan and smash it because we paid £35m for him.

He's doing great, it's a great move for him, it's a great choice of club by Matt Jackson (I think?) and there are no negatives to it from a player point of view.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed. In terms of overall league strength, the Jupiter Pro League is just a tiny bit behind The Championship.

League Strength.jpg

superwolves

Reaction score
Some people just want Fabio to fail , scoring goals at any level is something that can’t be taught , he has a talent always has that’s why we paid the money , let’s hope he does it for us
It's because they was probably knocking him and wish to be proved right. Shameful really for an 18 year old who had been thrown into the deep end and who was in a foreign country trying to learn his trade . Hopefully he is thick skinned. He's probably playing again with a smile on his face

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our problem is if we are even a premier league club next year.

We have a wafer thin squad with no new signings likely. No fit striker limited midfield options a shaky defence. We barely offer our strikers a chance with the style of football we play

I can see us being relegated and having to sell him to a west ham or aston villa type club for 20-25 million.
Where do you get no new signings likely?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Safe to say I think they like him (lets see how they react when the inevitable run of 2-3 games without a goal happens).
Yea, this is the thing; he will have spells where he doesn’t score or play well this season. He’s got the attitude to play through it and turn it around through hard work but it’s whether or not he gets dropped to the bench in the meantime.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did not suggest that you or anyone was 'beneath me', so stop trying to make such a big issue out of it.

I get so tired of posters on here criticising everything that the club does. Yes, it has made mistakes but it has also done a lot of good things too. In this case, they loan Fabio out, it seems to be going well then I see comments like yours stating that the loan is "a waste of time" and that the "level is too low" - I just don't get why there seems to be a need to see the negative in everything.

Don't be so sensitive and just take my original comment for what it was and how it was intended - a response to a perceived unwarranted criticism of the club's decision to loan out Fabio to Anderlecht.
You wrote what you wrote. OK- you’re tired of posters on here criticizing everything(guess what, someone has a problem with everything and this is a message board, the perfect place to air opinions), and I’m tired of posters criticizing and branding other posters for voicing their opinions on the club. If everyone who has a problem with something the club does gets thrown into the “gloom and doom merchant” pile of posters then you’re probably there yourself, otherwise you‘re in the happy clapper pile. These are the two groups that posters such as yourself create. Of course the club has made great moves along with the mistakes but evidently we’re not allowed to criticize some moves and applaud others. Typical fanboy vs hater tribal branding. Is this twitter, now?

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, well, well.

I definitely wasn't what you could call one of his fervent supporters. In fact, if a week passed without me making a joke about how much he cost I would get withdrawal symptoms.

Hand on heart, and after watching him play (thank you IPTV), I have to make the following statement:

Fabio is fabulous. Absolutely the real deal. It's as if someone flipped a switch and he's become an athletic, super skilled, football machine. He is superb. He is scaring the **** out of defenders and the fans (Anderlecht are huge) are adoring him.

Well me too.

Forgive me lord, I knew not what I was saying.
I beg redemption.

StourWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Loan move is doing him the world of good. We shouldn't of put ourselves in the position of going into a third premier league game without a recognised striker but the decision to loan him out was correct. Couldn't have him sitting on the bench again for the majority of another season stunting his growth. Hopefully he gets through the season keeping up this form and injury free and we could have ourselves a striker ready to hit the premier league next season

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Safe to say I think they like him (lets see how they react when the inevitable run of 2-3 games without a goal happens).

I think when any player starts off with a bang at a new club, they buy a hell of a lot of mileage with the fanbase. To the point where he could go 2-3 games without a goal and it probably wouldn't alter their opinion of him too much.

This applies to strikers in particular. I'd love to see some stats about how much more successful strikers are at clubs after they score on their debuts.

Fabio was always starting on the back foot here. Criticised over the fee, came into the side full time too soon, through necessity after the loss of our talismanic striker, so he was always going to be compared, despite his age and inexperience. Maybe if he'd scored on his debut, things would have been different?

I just love that he's finding his feet. I think he could do some damage for us next season.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You wrote what you wrote. OK- you’re tired of posters on here criticizing everything(guess what, someone has a problem with everything and this is a message board, the perfect place to air opinions), and I’m tired of posters criticizing and branding other posters for voicing their opinions on the club. If everyone who has a problem with something the club does gets thrown into the “gloom and doom merchant” pile of posters then you’re probably there yourself, otherwise you‘re in the happy clapper pile. These are the two groups that posters such as yourself create. Of course the club has made great moves along with the mistakes but evidently we’re not allowed to criticize some moves and applaud others. Typical fanboy vs hater tribal branding. Is this twitter, now?
Hey, lighten up! You're making several assumptions here that are way off the mark and looking for something that simply is not there.

I am not going to debate this any further with you as we're going round and round in circles. You think Fabio's loan to Anderlecht is "a waste of time" and I don't - so let's just agree to disagree without you trying to perform some sort of behaviour analysis knowing nothing about me whatsoever.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well said that man.

Sanewolf

Reaction score
I have been the first to criticize Fabio in the past and I think I speak for everyone that has ever criticized him in the past.......
Great to see him doing so well and long may it continue, lets hope he can come back to us next season and start producing the same quality in a Wolves shirt.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me a great move - fill yer boots.

Just for info Harry Kane is exactly 9 years older than him - up until now he’s been on loan and pulling up no trees at Leyton Orient, Millwall and Leicester. This season/age he scored 3 PL goals in 10 appearances and then hit his straps next season.

Hopefully Fabio can do something similar next season after a strong loan season.

Are we short? Yes. But could it best for player and club to be on loan? Probably - sure he’d have had minutes in the first 3-4 games but he needs to be playing week in and week out - would he be after another striker is bought or Raul returns? Probably not. If for one see a player in there - gold tinted glasses - hopefully he comes good with us.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Great start for Fabio, Belgium is probably a good league for him to learn playing football over one full season.
Euro games, league games and cup games all in the mix, it will be intresting to see how he fares on a cold wet Tuesday night in Koortrijk.
If he can keep up his performances over the whole season, it will do a ton of good for his self-belief, and he can confidently look forward to next season at Wolves.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We have a wafer thin squad with no new signings likely. No fit striker limited midfield options a shaky defence. We barely offer our strikers a chance with the style of football we play

I can see us being relegated and having to sell him to a west ham or aston villa type club for 20-25 million.

Wrong thread/board mate. Keep it boinging

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nah, everyone told me he was **** when I said we should sign him 2 years ago.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im trying to find Anderlecht’s pin code to check their bank balance, only another 9942 attempts to go but it keeps locking me out for 30 minutes every 3 attempts. Jeff needs some cash to finance the incomings.

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
Fabio arrived for a massive fee and it hasn't happened for him (yet) and he's been dismissed and ridiculed.

So what if the Belgian league is sub Premier standard? The lad needs minutes and goals to develop into the striker we hope.

Good luck to the lad, it benefits us massively if this loan is successful.

SeaWolf

Reaction score
Just read he has 5 goals in 6 appearances, and including assists, a goal contribution every 47 minutes. Pretty impressive.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Is it the power of the goatee? Hasn't stopped scoring since he grew it out properly

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bump :D

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Perhaps you could find a better way to elevate yourself than to suggest others are beneath you, and keep working on your reading if you’re going to quote and cast aspersions. That’s a sly dig. My previous post was an obvious dig. At the Belgian league. I’ve always backed Fabio. I would’ve kept him, but if he had to go out it should’ve been to a higher level and I said that when he went. Hopefully the challenge is greater than it appears and his success translates.
I don't think he should have gone to a higher level. Banging in goals in a lower quality league didn't do Haaland much harm, did it? It's primarily about confidence for Silva at present and he'll get plenty of that with Anderlecht by the look of it. Might be time to reasses in January but for now I think he's in the right place.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Christ sake mate. We’ve just signed Guedes and Nunes! And a striker coming next week.
Bloody cheer up.
Guedes and nunes are fantastic signings, snf show more than anything that we still have the owners stated ambitions as a top side.

Sorry, it's just I've never really got the whole signings being more exciting than results thing. Until we get that striker and guedes in particular integrated in the line up I think we will be seriously struggling results wise.
And I think fabio should be right here starting rather than being on loan abroad.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anderlecht play Young Boys on Thursday in the Europa League. That will be a really good test for Fabio - against opponents ranked around lower half Premier League level. Presumably he has played his way in to be a definite starter every match now. Hopefully will be televised and we can get to watch him run riot!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Presumably he has played his way in to be a definite starter every match now. Hopefully will be televised and we can get to watch him run riot!

Yeah, I think he has.

I was a bit worried at the start of the season, as Anderlecht have the highly rated Sebastiano Esposito on loan from Inter too and I didn't think they would both play.

Esposito is only a few weeks older, but has already had some decent loans, including at Basel last season, so I assumed he would be ahead of Fabio initially.

Think Fabio is ahead now, so well done!!

Back
Top Bottom