Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely we must be owed some luck by now? Feeling cursed at the moment.
I dunno about that, I felt pretty lucky we came away with anything on Saturday after Mitrovic's penalty! First three games of last season we definitely needed some luck, this time it's been disjointed and all of our own making

ws1wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I get people saying that we were lucky because of mitrovics penalty but come on, we should’ve been three up at that point, 2 open goals missed plus MGWs miss in the second half, a decent striker and the goals will come, Neto, podence, Guedes and MGW behind a proper number 9 plus a midfielder who can pick a pass and we are in good shape.

Our back 4 are a good solid unit, even better when RAN stops his silly errors, Collins didn’t give Mitrovic a sniff Saturday, he must’ve been gutted that Coady left

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get people saying that we were lucky because of mitrovics penalty but come on, we should’ve been three up at that point, 2 open goals missed plus MGWs miss in the second half, a decent striker and the goals will come, Neto, podence, Guedes and MGW behind a proper number 9 plus a midfielder who can pick a pass and we are in good shape.

Our back 4 are a good solid unit, even better when RAN stops his silly errors, Collins didn’t give Mitrovic a sniff Saturday, he must’ve been gutted that Coady left
Exactly. Could easily be sitting on 6 points and this place would be a sea of tranquillity

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please sign a striker by tomorrow at the latest, we need SOMEBODY!!!

The start of the season has gone exactly how a lot of us expected: thrown away points and two games left to chance. We should be sitting on 4-6 points at the moment being glad we’ve got them before we go to Spurs at the weekend. Instead we’ve allowed ourselves to go short and, there’s no two ways about it, it’s cost us actual points in the actual PL.

People will say “it’s only the first two games” but they count just as much as the remaining 36 games.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm optimistic about this Fosun gathering, and the fact Guo went to one of the pre-season games abroad.

I doubt they're showing up in person to asset strip us somehow. Also this is probably Mendes' busiest time of the year, so to come to Molineux in person must mean something good is brewing.

Maybe Guo was a bit pre-occupied in steering Fosun through Covid the last couple of years, and now we're closer to the top of his 'to do' list?

Remember this is the bloke who allegedly said he wanted Molineux as big as the Bernabeu.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The start of the season has gone exactly how a lot of us expected: thrown away points and two games left to chance. We should be sitting on 4-6 points at the moment being glad we’ve got them before we go to Spurs at the weekend. Instead we’ve allowed ourselves to go short and, there’s no two ways about it, it’s cost us actual points in the actual PL.

People will say “it’s only the first two games” but they count just as much as the remaining 36 games.
If we miss out on a champions league place by one or two points,or maybe for the pessimistic are relegated by a whisker ,this transfer window not seeming to have the required urgency about it could be very very expensive

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Without wishing to sound complacent or sarcastic, the other 36 games count 18 times as much as the first 2. Obviously we need a striker, but to sign a lower grade one on a 4 year contract for the sake of 2 more games would still be madness.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our team is in the same predicament now as it was 5 years ago. Unless Raul and jota (since left) scored you can’t rely on anyone else and that hasn’t been addressed since

I do think Guedes is the closest thing we've ever had to a Jota replacement.

Jota got 16 Premier League goals across two seasons. That's the sort of expected level Guedes should be contributing.

Last edited:

DJW

Reaction score
Without wishing to sound complacent or sarcastic, the other 36 games count 18 times as much as the first 2. Obviously we need a striker, but to sign a lower grade one on a 4 year contract for the sake of 2 more games would still be madness.
True. Its a failure of previous Windows though. We shouldn't really be in this position. There is still time to put things right in this window and all could be forgiven. Hopefully rumours of more investment will bear fruit.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We do need someone in asap to play up top. 1 point from Leeds and Fulham is a dreadful start and we have difficult games coming up. Hopefully we see at least one more in this week.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We do need someone in asap to play up top. 1 point from Leeds and Fulham is a dreadful start and we have difficult games coming up. Hopefully we see at least one more in this week.

I don't see conceding one goal in 2 games as dreadful.

Would be very concerned if we had got hammered.

We are lacking a focal point clearly, Jimenez injury whilst unlucky has exposed our lack of depth but we look solid defensively bar RAN I would say.

Hopefully Jimenez doesn't miss any more time and we get a backup and I'm relatively optimistic.

Any team would miss their star striker.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see conceding one goal in 2 games as dreadful.
Would be very concerned if we had got hammered.

We are lacking a focal point clearly, Jimenez injury whilst unlucky has exposed our lack of depth but we look solid defensively bar RAN I would say.

Hopefully Jimenez doesn't miss any more time and we get a backup and I'm relatively optimistic.

Any team would miss their star striker.
Two goals, surely?

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like someone finally took of Spiers’ leash …

“But the logic in allowing Silva to go (albeit on a loan move he needed and, given he’s already scored four goals in five matches, a move which could prove to be the proverbial making of him) before a replacement was sourced is to be questioned. Silva didn’t find the net last season but he occupies spaces, distracts centre-backs and can play with his back to goal in a manner no one else can right now. Wolves have foregone their sell-to-buy approach and found the money to purchase an expensive Gestifute client and another Portuguese forward, but is there joined-up thinking in their recruitment strategy? Are Scott Sellars, Jeff Shi, Lage and Gestifute all working cohesively to secure the right targets at the right time? The next few weeks will be telling.

Fosun chairman Guo Guangchang and a Gestifute entourage including Jorge Mendes and his lieutenant Valdir Cardoso were all at Molineux on Saturday and saw Wolves’ familiar shortcomings in front of goal for themselves.

The squad is starting to look stronger, Wolves are playing some good football and there could be further additions to come while Lage tries to make the new formation really click. But it won’t click until they have a striker in their team. It’s an oversight that really needs rectifying.”

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It has but we still haven’t addressed the major shortcomings of creativity in midfield and a proper goal scorer
... and switching to a back 4 means our FBs are playing deeper than they did when WBs, suggesting that there could be less creativity from wide positions.

Back
Top Bottom