Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ruben Neves

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that Bruno has said " Neves is captain for NOW " but he also says he's looking at giving it to Kilman..... perhaps reading too much into it but could be an indicator theres still no guarantee that Neves will be here long term.
Neves will be sold i guess.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a graveyard for reputations at present, you would have to be mad to go there.
Unless you become the keystone that turns it around and become a very well paid legend?

I have to say currently that if we got 50 million for him and replaced him with a quality cm, striker and may e a loanee I would be more than tempted. I think that would I prove the squad overall more than just having the one player.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless you become the keystone that turns it around and become a very well paid legend?

I have to say currently that if we got 50 million for him and replaced him with a quality cm, striker and may e a loanee I would be more than tempted. I think that would I prove the squad overall more than just having the one player.

Absolute no faith in fosun in signing those 3 players though

T

TheConcourse

The biggest danger here is United being so so so bad. The longer this goes on they’re going to have to throw a lot of money at the problem.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The biggest danger here is United being so so so bad. The longer this goes on they’re going to have to throw a lot of money at the problem.
Would he wanna go there at the minute though? Would be a big risk for him, imo. Better to wait it out at Wolves and get a better move in January/next summer.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I would keep Neves at all costs
He is such an important player for us
Preying we don’t sell him this window

T

TheConcourse

Would he wanna go there at the minute though? Would be a big risk for him, imo. Better to wait it out at Wolves and get a better move in January/next summer.
Yes. As poor as they are right now, an absolutely dreadful season for them would be 10th. Most of us would take here.

Still one of the biggest clubs in the world and a chance to play a part in their rebuild. If you believe Neville they’re fast running out of cash, and if they do end up getting sold, you could see a a state level ownership type deal which would get them straight back in the mix within a year or so.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they do buy him I hope it's not for his shooting !

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would keep Neves at all costs
He is such an important player for us
Preying we don’t sell him this window
Not at all costs for me. I think he is our best midfield player, but our whole slow response is In great part caused by the midfield. Ideally we replace Moutinho, Donk etc first, but they are not as saleable. Get silly money from United and invest it wisely ...and there's the rub...and I'm 'happy'

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. As poor as they are right now, an absolutely dreadful season for them would be 10th. Most of us would take here.

Still one of the biggest clubs in the world and a chance to play a part in their rebuild. If you believe Neville they’re fast running out of cash, and if they do end up getting sold, you could see a a state level ownership type deal which would get them straight back in the mix within a year or so.
I think he can get a better move though. He wants to be playing in the Champions League and United are miles away from it. Closer than us, yes, but still miles away.

Neves doesn’t strike me as the kind of bloke driven by money, he just wants to play for a team competing for trophies. Going to United would be a huge risk imo. Better waiting for someone else.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Money talks so I can see how he might end up at Man United.

However, it’s a fairly risky move. He could go there, and realistically still not play CL for the next 3 seasons or more - he’s approaching his prime years. Juve or Barca are surely the more likely destinations.

Anyone but Arsenal or Liverpool though!

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a dream Neves was playing alongside Conor Gallagher in the Wolves midfield. Now that would be something!

Will never happen of course as CG is rated around £40M and not on the Jorge Mendes carousel. Will probably end up at Newcastle.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem is, they have already thrown a massive amount of money at it, and gotten nowhere. It’s a lot like the Man Utd of my childhood, long before Fergie. It’s not going to change until they have either another strong and trusted manager like Fergie, or they hire a top class DoF who is allowed to build them a quality squad of players and select coaches who can get the best of them.

It’s totally the wrong place for Neves, and I doubt he’s getting glowing praise about it from Ronaldo or Fernandes, who I presume he knows well enough to ask privately and get an honest answer.

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Had a dream Neves was playing alongside Conor Gallagher in the Wolves midfield. Now that would be something!

Will never happen of course as CG is rated around £40M and not on the Jorge Mendes carousel. Will probably end up at Newcastle.

Think of the hair care products the club could sell! My God, Fosun are sitting on a goldmine and they don’t even know it!

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem is, they have already thrown a massive amount of money at it, and gotten nowhere. It’s a lot like the Man Utd of my childhood, long before Fergie. It’s not going to change until they have either another strong and trusted manager like Fergie, or they hire a top class DoF who is allowed to build them a quality squad of players and select coaches who can get the best of them.
Bruno Fernandes arrives, full of energy, skill, quality, effort etc.
After a year amongst their Instagram fuelled big time Charlie's, gets his pay rise and more or less becomes a moaning, whinging, ineffective shadow of the player that arrived.
And every player and coach that goes there will eventually succumb to the same process.
The epitome of Brand over Football
They are, relatively speaking, in the wilderness for many years to come.

It's great to see

Last edited:

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It’s totally the wrong place for Neves, and I doubt he’s getting glowing praise about it from Ronaldo or Fernandes, who I presume he knows well enough to ask privately and get an honest answer.
I remember after Sir Matt Busby they slumped couldn’t understand why they were not still a top team money did them no good at all relegated to the second division oh you could hear the tears.
Took Tommy Docherty to get them back up but still not good enough F.A cup wins were not good enough for the mighty United sack manager after manager, then comes Fergy he was nearly sacked but he came good
It all seems like they are on a re run hope it takes another 20 years for them to get straight after being relegated
Put a stop to their super league:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

T

TheConcourse

Let’s see mate. I think if United comes calling the lure would be too much for him to turn down. Hope you’re right though.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on, Neves would have to be insane NOT to join Man U if they meet our price.
I agree. No way are United staying in their current malaise for long. Even in their current predicament the expectations are top 6 finish and in ‘normal’ times it’s top four. Something Wolves cannot aspire to.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Bruno Fernandes arrives, full of energy, skill, quality, effort etc.
After a year amongst their Instagram fuelled big time Charlie's, gets his pay rise and more or less becomes a moaning, whinging, ineffective shadow of the player that arrived.
And every player and coach that goes there will eventually succumb to the same process.
The epitome of Brand over Football
They are, relatively speaking, in the wilderness for many years to come.

It's great to see
Fernandes was always a massively petulant moan-**** tbf

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
I think/ hope he will wait it out for one of the absolute elite clubs I.e. Madrid, Barca, juventus maybe?

But he will probably realise after this window that in order to get there he needs to raise his level... hopefully we benefit from this!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think/ hope he will wait it out for one of the absolute elite clubs I.e. Madrid, Barca, juventus maybe?

But he will probably realise after this window that in order to get there he needs to raise his level... hopefully we benefit from this!
Madrid ain't signing any other CMs for a while imo, Juve well stocked. Barca probably come in next season with a cut priced offer as he has 2 years left then I think.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Madrid ain't signing any other CMs for a while imo, Juve well stocked. Barca probably come in next season with a cut priced offer as he has 2 years left then I think.

But he’s expected to sign a new contract after the window has closed. Reported a while back that he would as long as their is a reasonable release clause.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Couldn’t agree less. Their problems run very very deep, almost institutionalised. The level of change required there will take a very long time to come to fruition.

T

TheConcourse

Couldn’t agree less. Their problems run very very deep, almost institutionalised. The level of change required there will take a very long time to come to fruition.
This really depends on what the question is.

A) Is there potential that a club in better shape than United will come along? Potentially..

B) Who would he pick out of Wolves v United.. I think the answer is obvious.

If it’s the former then it’s a decision Neves would have to make to hold firm. Nobody has come along yet which suggests he isn’t a priority for other teams. Would he pass up the chance to go to one of the biggest football clubs in the world football because they’re on a bad run knowing that other teams haven’t broken their neck to get him? I don’t think so.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Gallagher would be perfect. May be available on loan, so you never know.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if Ronaldo leaves and he tells Neves to avoid! Particularly in a World Cup year.

And rightly so.

Neves playing week in, week out for us is probably guaranteed to be in the Portugal squad.

Going to Man United and playing very well could see him make the squad and be a guaranteed starter at the World Cup

But go there, struggle and get swallowed up into all their drama, he might not even make the squad! Huge risk to take.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

And rightly so.

Neves playing week in, week out for us is probably guaranteed to be in the Portugal squad.

Going to Man United and playing very well could see him make the squad and be a guaranteed starter at the World Cup

But go there, struggle and get swallowed up into all their drama, he might not even make the squad! Huge risk to take.
He makes the squads consistently but isn't a consistent starter, that's his big issue at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom