Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fulham (H) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1660372572410.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!

Yes! After what feels like, forever, we’re back at Molineux. I’ve missed the place, dunno about anyone else?!

Important to bounce back from last weeks poor result (but not poor performance). We probably should have got something out of the game last week but the players have to use that to make sure they’re not so charitable this week, play well, bloody take our chances and win the game!

Never any easy games at this league but Fulham will be up for it, after a battling point against Liverpool last week. They have decent players, but so do we and I think it may well come down to which teams’ big players step up and grab the game by its throat. Let’s hope it’s one of our boys!

Don’t forget to give Gonçalo and Nathan a big Molineux welcome for their first games in Old Gold at home!

And important to say too, it’s gonna be hot, very very hot. Stay safe and stay sensible if you’re at the game today. Suncream, shade and plenty of fluids!

Whether you’re following from Wolverhampton, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads! COYW!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Already seems like a really important game for the direction of our season.

Looking forward to some exciting attacking play, without being quite so charitable from a defensive / goalkeeping perspective as last week.

Going for a close, hard-fought 2-1 win. Neves (pen) and Guedes on the scoresheet.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope the lads put on a good show today. I'm expecting a tough match based on how Fulham played against Liverpool. There has been a bit of anxiety building amongst some Wolves supporters due to the transfer window, but the Guedes signing might have alleviated some of those concerns. I feel a good performance is still needed whatever the result.

Guo Guangchang might make an appearance in the stands.

I hope those in Steve Bull survive to the end. It will get a be toasty in there today. Drink plenty of water, although most will be on another beverage.

It's good to be back.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really does feel a massive game looking at the bigger picture.

Firstly, we need the points because we're likely to lose next week and you don't want to start with three defeats given the fixtures we had.

Secondly, it may make a difference, albeit not a massive one, to the players that Bruno has said we are trying to 'convince' to join us.

It gives the board a bit of breathing space considering it's Spurs (A) next to try and get things done before they come under pressure.

It will impact the whole mood of the club.

Get the win lads.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
About to leave Brum after the B2022 Staff Wrap Party last night and look forward to just being back at Molineux after 3 long and crazy months!

Hope we come out unafraid and wanting to attack. Fulham are gonna be down in the mire and this is a game that 3 points are a must.

Roll on a Sunny Saturday, a good performance and perhaps a Guedes goal.

Finally: big up Natalie Aspinall who becomes only the 3rd Female Assistant Ref in PL history, as she makes the step up from the EFL with her first fixture here!

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We moved back to the North West a couple of months ago, after 6 years in London and Hertfordshire, so I’m getting ready to drive down the M6 again rather than up the M1 which is feeling a little weird.

I’m looking forward to meeting up with friends and going to Molineux but I’m apprehensive due to the lack of reinforcements and expecting to lose today.

It’s going to be a hot one today, Met Office says 30C at 3pm rising to 32C at 5pm. I really feel for people in the North Bank and Steve Bull who will have the sun in their faces.

Quick question, flip flops in the South Bank - yes or no?

COYW!

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We moved back to the North West a couple of months ago, after 6 years in London and Hertfordshire, so I’m getting ready to drive down the M6 again rather than up the M1 which is feeling a little weird.

I’m looking forward to meeting up with friends and going to Molineux but I’m apprehensive due to the lack of reinforcements and expecting to lose today.

It’s going to be a hot one today, Met Office says 30C at 3pm rising to 32C at 5pm. I really feel for people in the North Bank and Steve Bull who will have the sun in their faces.

COYW!
Flop flops can we worn everywhere. I've lived my life by that rule.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1st season without a season ticket for decades due to personal circumstances not price hikes. I won’t miss the train journeys and today I would have had to have drove anyway due to trains on strike. I will miss the pre match build up in town tho. I will be watching and cheering with you all from my man cave. COYW bring those points home and let’s get this season underway.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too early to call it a relegation 6 pointer? Of course, but as others have said, we really need to get some points on the board and show a way forward for the season.
We've been lucky with our relatively easy start. Last season, we had a tough start and despite losing the first three, most fans were happy with our start. Unfortunately it didn't continue in that vein. This season, we need to see Bruno's influence on the team and style and a good win against most peoples' favourites for the bottom 3 will go a long way to calming fans' nerves.

Wolvescol

Groupie
Reaction score
3 points is all I ask today , certainly won’t be much tempo in these mad temperatures but I’m hoping our Mediterranean boys adapt better than Fulham’s Blackpool donkeys , it’s going to be hard work walking down to the mol after a few beers but I’m capable, come on the wolves 2-1 Pedro and mgw

ToastedWanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
This is all about how we deal with Mitrovic and a good test of the new system. Here's hoping we pass..

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Missing it today as got a wedding.....
Bit gutted to miss first game anyway. Enjoy the day in sunny Wolverhampton...... Hope we start playing more attacking football and create a lot of chances..... Just clear signs that the back 4 works and put our chances away unlike last season's first 3 or 4 games.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

COYW!
Wear flip flops in the south bank but wave goodbye to your toes on your way through the turnstiles

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes debut hatrick alla Doog debut onward and upwoods

gewolf

Reaction score
Based on the many stories/reports from the past that said Coady was always bullied out of it by Mitrovic, there are two positives possibly.

The first is that Coady is probably quite pleased not to be facing another bullying - especially after Mitrovic's start last week.

The second and more important issue is that surely our two centre backs today are not going to be bullied and are more than able to stand up to him.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All I ask for is all three points, preferably with Guedes leading the line and playing well on his debut. :)

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As Tring mentioned this already feels like a big game, we could really do with getting 3 points on the board with a positive performance, anything else and the jitters will start to increase, and please use more than 1 sub today Bruno the lads are gonna be losing a few pounds today playing in this heat!

Berkswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gutted not to be going, but unfortunately health issues, concern about inflation, the cost of fuel for my 250 mile round trip, and the good aweful VAR combined to stop me renewing mine and my grandsons season tickets. I will be there in spirit while watching at home, roaring on the lads.

COME ON ME BABBIES!

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It will be the first time I've been up for a long while, in fact the last tickets I bought to watch the first team was Olympiacos away, for what was meant to be the trip of a lifetime :confused:

Hoping to see Guedes and some attacking, fluent football.

3 points please lads

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on the many stories/reports from the past that said Coady was always bullied out of it by Mitrovic, there are two positives possibly.

The first is that Coady is probably quite pleased not to be facing another bullying - especially after Mitrovic's start last week.

The second and more important issue is that surely our two centre backs today are not going to be bullied and are more than able to stand up to him.
Well, yes. Whether they have the smarts and experience to deal with him, who is by now a very seasoned campaigner, is another matter, but he certainly can’t physically bully either of them.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All that matters today is the three points
and a good performance
and 3 or 4 goals
and a fantastic debut for Guedes
and a clean sheet
and a surprise signing
and Raul back to fitness
and MGW signing or going for £45m
and a break in the weather.

Today doesn't really matter, then!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'Pundit Predictions' on Sky have Fulham to thump Wolves 3-1. Now I know that in some respects Sky sets out to sensationalise and make headlines, but is that really how 'neutrals' see our respective teams and the place we are both in!
Yes, Fulham got a creditable draw against Liverpool, while we got a disappointing loss at Leeds, but surely, Wolves at home should be better than 1-3 against Flum!
What are the bookies saying?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
'Pundit Predictions' on Sky have Fulham to thump Wolves 3-1. Now I know that in some respects Sky sets out to sensationalise and make headlines, but is that really how 'neutrals' see our respective teams and the place we are both in!
Yes, Fulham got a creditable draw against Liverpool, while we got a disappointing loss at Leeds, but surely, Wolves at home should be better than 1-3 against Flum!
It’s because they drew with Liverpool who are the bestest team in the world

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Yet SkyBet have us as pretty comfortable favourites. Almost as if their pundits are deliberately contrarion to encourage more betting.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet SkyBet have us as pretty comfortable favourites. Almost as if their pundits are deliberately contrarion to encourage more betting.
Hadn't thought about that - good point.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1st season without a season ticket for decades due to personal circumstances not price hikes. I won’t miss the train journeys and today I would have had to have drove anyway due to trains on strike. I will miss the pre match build up in town tho. I will be watching and cheering with you all from my man cave. COYW bring those points home and let’s get this season underway.
Sorry to hear that mate but once a Wolf always a Wolf

Back
Top Bottom