Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Silva loan

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really looking forward to this thread next season as no matter what he does, if Wolves aren’t scoring enough it’ll be something to hold against the club.

He doesn’t score, £35m flop, what a waste.

He score some but not much, found his level, he’ll never be good enough.

Scores loads, ffs why is he playing in Belgium when he should be leading the line for us.

Going to be a great weekly read.
He’s doing well, I didn’t expect option 3 to come up in barely more than 3 weeks!

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He started the previous game against these, having been on the bench in the league. Now he is being rested in the Cup so he can start in the league. That, itself, is a reflection of the start he's made.
Oh excellent. Let’s hope he does well and comes back firing next season. We don’t want another Cedric Roussel situation :(

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doing well but considering the lack of depth in our squad I would have loved him in our squad for the Fulham game on Saturday.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looks great for them. Exactly what he needed. Frustrated it's taken this long to get him a proper loan move but at least its happened now.

Just seen his involvement in goal 2 and 3 as well. Please for.the love of Shi don't bring him back to sit on the bench in January!

Last edited:

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Christ on a bike, 4 in 5 against League One opposition and he has turned into Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

Sending him out on loan, is actually one of if not the most shrewd move the club have made this summer. Leave the kid be. Let him enjoy his loan spell and let's not use it to both beat the club with (which i know is easy..) or to make out he is suddenly the answer.

Right now he definitely is not, he may never be, but a season out on loan and revisiting this in July 2023 seems the most sensible move for Fabio.

superwolves

Reaction score
Fair play to the anderlecht coaching team for recognising his talent and that he could have an immediate impact on the team

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Christ on a bike, 4 in 5 against League One opposition and he has turned into Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

That's being overly generous to those Estonian opponents! Paide is a tiny town in Estonia, population 8,000. So more like scoring 2 goals against Penkridge Rovers.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now cast your mind back to Fabio in his first two seasons. Remember all the wasted opportunities and missed sitters?

That's why he's on loan. To make mistakes elsewhere, hone his skills and realize potential. Should hopefully be a massive asset for us next season.
I tried to like this comment, then realised it's mine lol. Great comment though.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Working out very well so far. Lets hope it continues and he comes back brimming with confidence and ready to take his game to the next level.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Willian Jose looked good in spain - **** here then looked good in spain again
Mir cut it there , not here
Cutone is another who couldnt do it here
Fabio going on loan should have happened last season , didnt because we signed no one up front, now has even though we still havent got another striker in.

Its the right decision medium to long term for him and the club. The timing without replacement was odd.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Apologies if already commented however an interesting comparison here is Mitrovic. At a similar age he scored 36 goals over 69 appearances for Anderlecht. This was about 7 years ago. Not sure if that league has increased or decreased in quality over time however we can see the level of goalscorer he has become. Lethal in the Champ, not quite smashed it in the Prem bit still a good striker.

What I think is that it is a good grounding at a 'decent' level for a young striker to sharpen their skills and gain confidence in front of goal.

However you wish to look at it Fabio can only beat what is in front of him and he's made a great start. Long way to go but let's hope we reap the rewards of what could be a great season for him.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good on you Fab, keep going son!
Look forward to his return to the club but not before he's had a confidence building season at Anderlecht.
I'm still convinced there's a hell of a player in him!

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good on you Fab, keep going son!
Look forward to his return to the club but not before he's had a confidence building season at Anderlecht.
I'm still convinced there's a hell of a player in him!
There absolutely is a player there. Goal contribution for every 50 minutes on the pitch. I dont care what level you play at, that is outstanding

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lots of very strange comparisons I'm noticing.

People criticising him for doing it "against league one opposition" seem to be forgetting he's scoring goals there, whereas established top flight strikers now (see Kane) who was LITERALLY in league one, playing against LITERALLY league one standard players, at the same age, did not score. Cue the "you can't compare Silva to Kane" chorus....

Well you can, I just did.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We always seem to omit to mention Matt Jackson.

Since he's come in to Wolves, the loan stints our players have embarked upon seem to be much better fits.

I will 100% agree with this. Ok, there have been a few duffers (Marques to Beleneses perhaps the most obvious), but the success rate has greatly improved under him

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole point of the loan is to do exactly what he’s doing. Fantastic call by Jeff and Scott.

Yes, I wasn't aware of this, but through the Fabio interest found out that Anderlecht have a pattern of taking on promising young, but not ready yet, strikers from the "Big Leagues" and developing them. They seem to take one a season, at least. You'd assume our staff would know this. FWIW, Fabio seems to have started even betterthan Zirkzee (the highly promising Bayern forward they had last season) and Nmecha from the season before.

It's an interesting league as the teams in it cover a wide range of standards from 2 or 3 who are mid-table/above mid-table Premier League, down to those who are bottom of the Championship level, maybe lower. All in one division. Less unforgiving than the Premier League which has almost certainly the highest strength in depth of any league in the world. No easy opponents. (scoring 2 v Albion is a good start, though)

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not just Silva, but love how young our current side is, if all these 20 something year olds develop well then bar a RB and Moutinho replacement we're looking at a quality side over the next say 5 years?
Think this loan is great for the kid. And Wolves.

T

TheConcourse

Yes, I wasn't aware of this, but through the Fabio interest found out that Anderlecht have a pattern of taking on promising young, but not ready yet, strikers from the "Big Leagues" and developing them. They seem to take one a season, at least. You'd assume our staff would know this. FWIW, Fabio seems to have started even betterthan Zirkzee (the highly promising Bayern forward they had last season) and Nmecha from the season before.

It's an interesting league as the teams in it cover a wide range of standards from 2 or 3 who are mid-table/above mid-table Premier League, down to those who are bottom of the Championship level, maybe lower. All in one division. Less unforgiving than the Premier League which has almost certainly the highest strength in depth of any league in the world. No easy opponents. (scoring 2 v Albion is a good start, though)
The boy deserves a statue already.

Last edited by a moderator:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not just Silva, but love how young our current side is, if all these 20 something year olds develop well then bar a RB and Moutinho replacement we're looking at a quality side over the next say 5 years?
Think this loan is great for the kid. And Wolves.
Anyone would think that our much maligned backroom staff actually do have a clue ...

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sending him out on loan, is actually one of if not the most shrewd move the club have made this summer. Leave the kid be. Let him enjoy his loan spell and let's not use it to both beat the club with (which i know is easy..) or to make out he is suddenly the answer.

Right now he definitely is not, he may never be, but a season out on loan and revisiting this in July 2023 seems the most sensible move for Fabio.
This.
Almost everyone is getting the knickers in a twist because the generational talent scores a few..it is ridiculous really.
Look,I wish Fabio all well and I hope he absolutely smash it in Belgium.
Huge..enourmously huge leap though to do the same in Premier League.
10 goals in Anderlecht is probably the same as 1 goal in the Premier League.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There absolutely is a player there. Goal contribution for every 50 minutes on the pitch. I dont care what level you play at, that is outstanding
You don´t care about the level?
Dammit,we should have loaned him out to Gretna then.

Back
Top Bottom