Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Are we tin pot?

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are not Tin pot

Just a shame that a few areas like the stadium and a few more players could push up possibly to a top 7 team .

But we are owned by Fosun who are overseen by the government in China like all other major businesses in China. Do your own research but that's the area of concern for me to move us forward .

Clubs that stand still and don't constantly invest in all areas of the club don't really move upwards . Look at Leicester will they progress or get better this season from the ageing squad they have and no signings so won't do anything better than last season . Not rocket science but my opinion .

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Scarves are NOT nonsense. They are lengths of fabric worn around the neck or head.

I wear mine with pride at all times, though they do get a bit soggy in the shower.
You'll get bloody hot wearing one tomorrow. Unless that is all you wear. Perhaps like a sumo wrestlers mawashi....

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
To be objective and a bit brutal I do wonder if some of our fans are getting a bit entitled. I'd imagine anyone from a Champ club like we were for so many years reading the OP would think it had a whiff of spoilt brat.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are an extremely professionally run club.

I fully admit I have a tendency to go nuclear over lack of signings and I had my customary pre-season meltdown and then we signed Guedes lol.

But even the signings thing, really is just testament to how tightly run we are. Jeff won’t bankrupt us to chase ‘names’.

I was lucky enough to attend open training at Compton the other week. I already posted elsewhere about it, so won’t regurgitate everything… suffice to say I was blown away by how professional we are and how amazing the facilities and coaching were.

We’re a lot of things, frustratingly fiscally conservative possibly, but tin pot we are not.
We’re a 5 season established Premier League club with amazing facilities and a team stacked with international talent that recently made the QF in Europe & the FA Cup semis.

We’re not tinpot WE ARE WOLVES!

View attachment 29443
I cant put this any better. Well said.

modenawolf

Reaction score
I'm becoming increasingly worried about our club. I'm constantly reading things like wrong scarves sent out with season tickets, no scarves with season tickets, apparent little or no investment in team, owners seemingly only interested in the brand, the website can't even list a current squad....I could go on.
Do other clubs have these issues? Just interested in people's thoughts.
****ing hell...

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
If the OP had been titled, 'What could we do better'?, I think this thread would be headed in a more productive direction.

There's lots of room for improvement for things like the online shop, ticket office, ground, food etc...

We ain't 'tinpot' but there are things we could improve.

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
Give your head a wobble fella. If we had just spent £27 on a new player, we may, very well, be considered tin pot. Add that important word "million" and (genuinely can't be @rsed writing any more, but you get the drift)
Of you had read my post properly I was asking for opinions so I'll save my head wobbling

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Give your head a wobble fella. If we had just spent £27 on a new player, we may, very well, be considered tin pot. Add that important word "million" and (genuinely can't be @rsed writing any more, but you get the drift)
I’m disgusted with your choice of language. I will be reporting you for evading the swear filter you potty-mouthed git. /s

#F the swear filter!

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going back to the original question, Coventry City turned up at the Ricoh for their first home game of the season last week and found the pitch to be unplayable and the game was therefore postponed. Despite that, I don't regard them as tinpot, so Wolves?.....hell no!!!

Wigan Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
NEVER a tinpot club!
Even in our darkest days in the 4th div we were never a tinpot.
Whilst our home is Molineux, we play in Old Gold and have fans that are as passionate as ours, we will never be tinpot.
Wolves is about us not the marketing department

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Of you had read my post properly I was asking for opinions so I'll save my head wobbling
In last couple of days alone I have seen / heard / read outright hostility from from fans of ManU, Everton, Vile, S'ton & Leicester. It's only Day 2 and this list will inevitably increase as season progresses. MU fans are even trying to organise a mass walk out during their game with bitter scouse rivals. Of course there is room for improvement, but we are not alone in that department. Far from it.

D

Deleted member 13084sr

tinpot will be people wearing the scarfs up the match

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m wearing my scarf tomorrow, it was free so I am not wasting it.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What…No we are the best club in the world.
We are the best club in the world .... but we can also be tinpot.

We spent 16 years being tinpot under "best in the business" Moxey whose tag would more accurately been "tinpot-est in the business". You certainly cant get any more tinpot than Moxey making an inquiry to Peterborough United on the price tag of their striker and then Moxey claiming he wasn't interested anyway. So yes we were the epitome of tinpot on Moxey's watch.

Back
Top Bottom