Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
All over Everton's Grand Old Team forum, there's a strong rumour they hold an interest in and are preparing a bid for Adrian Monk, some are rubbishing the rumour and saying it's a ****e rumour whilst others are saying Kevin Thelwell has a hand in the deal.

Waiting confirmation on Talking Wolves

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They haven't seived for quality. They haven't left anything out.
In fairness, they do even leave things out sometimes. If the source is half credible they’ll post it, but if the source is clearly a load of rubbish, has little followers etc. then they won’t.

They do a good job collating things as you say, makes it very easy to have a quick scroll through on their page to get an up to date view on what’s going on, and then use the sources they cite in each rumour to decipher whether we believe it to be real or not.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
THEY ARE NOT TALKING WOLVES RUMOURS THEY ARE RUMOURS FROM ELSEWHERE PUT TOGETHER IN ONE PLACE SO IT'S EASY FOR WOLVES FANS TO FIND.

This is what they have ALWAYS done. They haven't seived for quality. They haven't left anything out. They put all Wolves news, not just rumours, in one place.

FFS honestly some people on here just are not capable of grasping what is right in front of them. They are doing you a service. They are helping you by putting them all in one place. It is easier to find our rumours with Talking Wolves posting them.

If you don't want rumours, don't visit the thread. Pretty. ****ing. Simple.
And do far more than just collating rumours as an aggregator. They get fantastic interviews such as the one with the journalist when mosquera signed and the john ruddy one the other night. They are far better than the likes of aftv and united stand who just try and cause a drama everytime they open their mouths.
I really dont know why people get their knickers in a twist over them aggregating wolves news. 9 times out of ten you can see a rumour and know its got no legs on it anyway. I can only think its that negative people like to be down on everything. Must be exhausting hating everything all the time...

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Announcement by Sky Sports Transfer centre.

The show is NOW going to be called the Sky Sports Transfer centre we will start this programme with Manchester United.
The young presenter Kyle Walker actually said yesterday about Manchester United "we're going to have to string this out for another 21 days" I had to rewind to check but those were his actual words!!

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Ham could well be the next club to be bought out by mega rich owners. Big stadium, huge fanbase, strong identity, women's team in WSL and men's team with an excellent platform to build from.
Don't forget that West Ham single handedly won the world cup as well in 1966, no mean feat.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I like him as a player, seems I’m on my own. I’d take him as a squad player.
I think he’s unspectacular but fine. I’d also have him in the squad but players like him are a dime a dozen, so I’m sure we could get better value elsewhere rather than paying a moderate fee that Spurs are no doubt asking for.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't forget that West Ham single handedly won the world cup as well in 1966, no mean feat.
Yep, it sits proudly alongside all their other prestigious titles like the Southern Flootlit Cup, the London Challenge Cup and their famous win in the West Ham Charity Cup in 1896 (unfortunately in 1897 they only managed to finish runners up).

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he’s unspectacular but fine. I’d also have him in the squad but players like him are a dime a dozen, so I’m sure we could get better value elsewhere rather than paying a moderate fee that Spurs are no doubt asking for.
Starting off at any club outside the “Big 6” and Winks would be almost unheard of…like a Will Hughes or Tom Davies.

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm confident we have a plan for midfield....a back up to Nunes..... surely we would have just took the easy option a straight loan for Nico Gonzalez if we had run out of funds....and didn't have something up our sleeve...

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm confident we have a plan for midfield....a back up to Nunes..... surely we would have just took the easy option a straight loan for Nico Gonzalez if we had run out of funds....and didn't have something up our sleeve...
Don't think Nico is experienced (or good enough?) yet to play a whole season in our midfield. Think he'd be too lightweight, it's arguably the hardest league to play CM. But yes I think we've got a plan, but transfer windows can throw up surprises that mean the domino effect changes.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think Nico is experienced (or good enough?) yet to play a whole season in our midfield. Think he'd be too lightweight, it's arguably the hardest league to play CM. But yes I think we've got a plan, but transfer windows can throw up surprises that mean the domino effect changes.
Yes I agree....was just saying that was the cheap option..... that was available.....that's all .... straight loan..

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
West Ham could well be the next club to be bought out by mega rich owners. Big stadium, huge fanbase, strong identity, women's team in WSL and men's team with an excellent platform to build from.
1. Worst stadium in Englandvto watch football
2. ‘Fan base’ was bought with silly ST prices to lure youngsters to awful stadium - will disappear in droves as they realise the pup they’ve been sold.
3. ‘Strong identity’ ? Meaning what? Bubbles & Hammers? Confused!!

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1. Worst stadium in Englandvto watch football
2. ‘Fan base’ was bought with silly ST prices to lure youngsters to awful stadium - will disappear in droves as they realise the pup they’ve been sold.
3. ‘Strong identity’ ? Meaning what? Bubbles & Hammers? Confused!!
1. Owners won't care. Etihad also terrible.

2. Match day revenue less important than TV money, and not at all important for soft power owners trying to gain global acceptance.

3. Name. 1966. Kit colours. Perceived fan culture. You don't have to agree or like it (I don't!) but it's what the mega-rich care about, either to milk for sales globally or to launder their reputation.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s what I meant, sell him, he’s ****e, never want to see him in a wolves shirt again….
If City or Chelsea offered £45m I’d sell him in a heartbeat. Has potential, good going forward but extremely error prone defensively. With our lack of goals scored we cannot afford to concede soft ones.

JTWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I’d be putting bids in for Ruben Loftus Cheek or Connor Gallagher. Either player would improve our CM massively. Both got engines and can get across the pitch. Both got ability to score, can pass and create.

Is happily spend 30/35million on either one of them. And clearly they aren’t guaranteed game time at Chelsea it seems.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn’t saying that, I was saying any midfielder gets dismissed as “not as good as Neves”. I think Rice is better than him and Winks is not, however Winks is nowhere near as bad as many portray.
For me Neves is far better than Rice. Winks is OK but would be a squad filler. At the Mo we need a midfielder than would start with Neves.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Wet Spam got Nunes I'd be fuming. I feel like they wouldn't be bidding if they didn't get the feeling they have a chance at him.

D

Deleted member 13084sr

Guedes decent signing, bit of a midfielder/bit of a forward. 2 birds one stone. wouldnt be so sure of anymore incomings. Hope im wrong

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can’t judge players on one game. We’d accept £60m for Neves, if Rice was available for £80m let alone £60m there’d be a queue of buyers. Rice is far more mobile and a better ball carrier than Neves and though his passing isnt as good it’s not at all bad. I fully agree Winks is behind them both but he is still a decent player. If the price was right he’d be a decent addition to our squad and far better than any midfielder we currently have as back up.
Sod whether he’s any good, it would still be completely pointless bar another ‘body’, because what do we need with another relatively slow, safe passing midfielder?
He’s a Donk/Moutinho love child, with nowhere near the quality of the latter.
Same complaints could be levelled at him: takes safe option, can’t run with it, gets bypassed too easily, can’t tackle…

Rather someone a bit rough around the edges/not really up to the required standard yet in Traore if can’t get Nunes, as at least they’re a stylistic fit and DIFFERENT. No point whatsoever in having the same player again just worse.

Back
Top Bottom